The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Saying good bye to Christmass

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Saying good bye to Christmass

Well Christmass is finally over I hope everyone had a good and safe time. I know it's always a good time to reflect on the year remember all the good times and bad times. In the last year it seems like it went faster than the last one, but I guess every year does that. This year has been different for me, and my family, and I believe everyone has had that feeling. A year of change, a year of loss, a year of trying, a year of learning, a year of loving, a year of forgiving, and hoping the next year is better. I have watch my kids grow so much to become people that I know will be great people. The older I get the more I have to look back on. The more I wish I had more time to spend with the one's I love. Well to everyone on Classic Oldsmobile I wish you a happy New Year

Last edited by 70 cutlass s; December 25th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old December 25th, 2009, 06:57 PM

Appreciate the thoughts...and saying goodbye to Christmas also means saying 'hello' to a New Year!!! Hope everybody has their resolutions in mind 'cause it won't be long! Really, no disrespect intended, but I hope Dick Clark is not gonna give it another go. It's too painful to watch. He had a great run as they say but it's time to let it go once and for all... We'll miss you Dick!
Old December 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Oldsdruid

I spent a good deal of it on the road- breakfast with one cousin and her family, dinner with another aunt and cousin, and supper with yet another set. At least I know I have family who loves me and cares about me.

Christmas is a time of mixed emotions for me. Mama went in the hospital Christmas Day morning 2005 and died Jan 6. I knew she was in bad shape but you always hope she'll come home and be Mama again. And it didn't happen. You would not believe how empty that house seemed when I'd stop by there and she wasn't there at her kitchen table, looking out the window at the bird feeders.

The Christmas before my Grandma died was the last Christmas Mama had all her family in for Christmas supper. After that she was not physically able to do it anymore and seems Christmas changed a lot after that. It was usually just me and her out there Christmas Day for the next few years. Family would usually try to get together for a meal sometime after Christmas. Now they don't get together as a group at all. Matter of fact I have not seen one of my cousins since Mama's funeral, and she lives just across town. Hey- I'm tired of making the effort, and she can't even be bothered to send me a Christmas card. Highty-tighty college professor or not, her forebears came out of the same tobacco fields mine did.

But let's hope 2010 is better for all of us.
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:05 AM

Know what you mean. I am 64 today and my generation and the previous generation that grew to adulthood without the benifit of TV and the internet seemed to spend more time with family and enjoying each others company. It seems like nowdays everyone is in such a hurry that the parting comment is always lets get together sometime, not lets get together on a specific date. I spent the day yesterday at my youngest sons place with his girl friend, her mother, my sister. my wifes dad (90) and his girlfriend, my oldest son came for dinner later in the day, it was great.

My wife and I are working hard to bring our family back together. Life is short and you never know how much time you have left to enjoy their company.