The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Rabbit, it's what's for dinner!

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2011, 08:16 PM

Rabbit, it's what's for dinner!

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...nknown-102.jpg

Sorry for the link, I STILL can't figure out how to get an actual picture on here.
My dog caught this last night in my back yard. I opened the door to let her in & had to stop her from bringing her "prize" in the house. Of course she won't give it to me, so I let her bury it in my yard & then later went out & dug up the body & threw it in the neighbors yard.
She is about 10 years old, but still catches what she can, squirrels, birds, rabbits(adult & young), mice, & who knows what else. Can't say I feel sorry for the sob squirrels that tease her. She has never shown aggression to any person, but if you're a critter, watch the F*#( out!!
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:42 PM

She's either very quick for a 10 year old dog or a wise old girl.
Either way, good for her.

By the way, you're real close to posting full size pics.
You just need to hover your mouse over each pic and click the "check box" to select all the pics you want to post.
Then go to the bottom of the page and click on "chose action" link. That will create a drop down menu.
Then click on "generate link codes for selected" choice.
Then just click on the text string for "full size" under the "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" window. That will automatically copy the text string for you so that all you have to do is paste it into your message. It should automatically show the image in your message like this.

engright.jpg

Last edited by W70442; May 21st, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

...or you could just right clik your mouse on the image and select 'copy'. Then go to your thread and 'paste', like this:
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Oldsdruid

She's doing her dog thing. I had a big mama cat years ago that would do the same thing. She was always catching rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks etc and would bring them to the back door and meow. Wanted to show me what she'd done, and that she was earning her Meow Mix I guess. She'd also go after a small snake if she found one, and never saw any sign she'd been bitten. Big ol' fat beige tabby mama cat named Lucy.

I see rabbits in the yard frequently, both here in town and out in the country, and there's always squirrels scampering around. Druther have them than ground hogs... at least rabs and squirrels don't try to move the foundation out from under the buildings. I cannot understand what drives a ground hog to do that.

Mebbe you should discourage yer pup from catching rabbits, as a rabbit can come in handy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPM91j1oFmc

Last edited by rocketraider; May 22nd, 2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM

That's just plain funny. An attack rabbit. Go figure.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Oldsdruid

I can promise you Mr. Slither didn't see anything funny about it. The idea, a rabbit nipping yer **** and then chasing you into a tree...
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:18 PM

I used to have an Akita.. She was a wonderful dog and very friendly as long as you were a Human.. She had gotten birds in my back yard more than once and at least 2 cats that I know of.. and one neighbor thanked me for helping him with another neighbor's problem cat.. Unfortunately she died on us last week..
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:55 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by W70442
She's either very quick for a 10 year old dog or a wise old girl.
Either way, good for her.

By the way, you're real close to posting full size pics.
You just need to hover your mouse over each pic and click the "check box" to select all the pics you want to post.
Then go to the bottom of the page and click on "chose action" link. That will create a drop down menu.
Then click on "generate link codes for selected" choice.
Then just click on the text string for "full size" under the "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" window. That will automatically copy the text string for you so that all you have to do is paste it into your message. It should automatically show the image in your message like this.

cool , now I know how to do the large pics too , I managed to get one pic to be large when I first came on this board , but cant remember how I did it.
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by crzyjef
I used to have an Akita.. She was a wonderful dog and very friendly as long as you were a Human.. She had gotten birds in my back yard more than once and at least 2 cats that I know of.. and one neighbor thanked me for helping him with another neighbor's problem cat.. Unfortunately she died on us last week..
sorry for your loss , my cats are getting old , and im not looking forward to whats coming down the road
Old May 24th, 2011, 03:15 PM

Yeah, sorry for your loss also. Losing a friend like that is never easy. When I go, I want to die like my grandpa, in my sleep, not screaming & crying like the passengers in his car.

Last edited by oldspackrat; May 24th, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM

Allan R...is that the only pic that you could find to post.
Old May 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Man ,

That dog really screwed up the Easter egg hunt next year. Now what are we gonna do. have a Chicken in a rabbit costume hid the eggs
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bunser
Allan R...is that the only pic that you could find to post.
It was the picture that was otherwise shown as http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...nknown-102.jpg in the original post. Just trying to help out oldspackrat post a picture....

But on the other hand, how about my pet easter bunny Ralphie???
EASTERBUNNY.jpg

or Phreddie. Here he is with a hard of hearing wabbit

and finally Princess Poo who desperately wants to be a wabbit....
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Not an Olds guy. Car guy

She didn't catch a prize, she brought the family a gift. Too funny. I have a backyard full of exotic turtles and have a Pit and an American Bully to protect them. The Bully always seems to find opossums and squirrels that always come apart at the seems. I swear the dog knows which turtles will eat carrion. He knows what enclosure to put them in. I have some Indonesian tortoises that can take a rabbit apart in tem minutes.
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:34 AM

Sounds like a nice backyard, got any pictures of the turtles?