The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Old Chrome

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Old Chrome

Not Olds, but still kinda cool. Some beautiful work done on these cars...

'Old Chrome'
Ted and Sharon (Sunflower) Forbes live in Sooke B.C.. They restored every one of these cars and still own every one.

1956 Ford Skyliner (Glasstop) We restored in 1988. Full power with all options.

1956 Meteor Crown Victoria restored in 1990 Full power with all accessories except "air".

1955 Meteor Convertible Mostly original, it took 28 years to buy it from the original owner in
Winnipeg .. There is only about 8 of these cars surviving out of 201. Rebuilt all the mechanics and added all the accessories and options. It has everything except "air".

1956 Meteor Convertible painted Grove Green and Saffron Yellow with a black lightning bolt only 479 produced. Full power with all accessories except "air". Due to the colour, we call her "Juicy Fruit".

1956 Mercury M-100 Pickup We have driven this truck all over the place since we bought it in 1978. About 12 years ago I added an Aspen suspension , 302 and AOD. It has never missed a beat.

55 Merc Sun Valley . bought from an estate sale in 1983. It was rust free but pretty banged up with only 26000 miles. I added all the options and accessories and restored only as needed keeping the car as original as possible.

56 Mercury Montclair Convertible. One of our favorites. I found what was left of it in the Spokane area. Restored and drove it to Hot August Nights in Reno in 1996. London Grey and Persimmon with full power and all accessories.

1955 Mercury Convertible bought in 1989, it was so ugly, not once did anyone give me the "thumbs up". It is now restored Canadian colors, Sunset Coral with matching Tapestry weave interior and Metric speedo, full power and accessory steering wheel. Only 530 miles on it!

1958 Pontiac Parisienne Convertible. This car was a super basket case. I welded 6 months on this car alone. It is a 348 tri-power, bucket seats and nearly every factory and dealer option available in 1958.

1966 Park Lane convertible. Bought from Don Wheaton's in Edmonton in 1968. had the car in my barn in Manitoba until May 2005. It is now at home on Vancouver Island with 30,000 miles showing on the speedometer. This is a Canadian built, bucket seat car, only a handful were made.

The 64 Park Lane convertible is a good old 78,000 mile car, with all good parts to restore. A full power, bucket seat car with super marauder engine and rare 15" wheels.

1958 Mercury Convertible from John Fowlie in Calif. We restored it with a 430, full power with memory seat and everything. I was able to find a lot of NOS parts for this car probably because not many are being restored. Mostly 57's.

When I found this 59 Impala it was a rust bucket on a 8 ft pallat - no interior or powertrain. Originally a black Canadian built car. with a fuel injected 1995 LT-1 & 700R4 trans. When finished this car will look like it was built this way from the factory(I hope) It'll have fender skirts, full continental kit, spotlights and so on. It's about 70% finished. It should be finished for next spring.

1959 Edsel Convertible, the latest addition to the Mountaintop Collection. It has full power options.

Congrats Guys!