The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Greg - If you find the first true line of screws, simply measure the standard distance between joists and snap lines. As for the trees? Use the hammer method. Hit the T&G lightly. If it's on a stud or log it will sound solid. If not, it will sound hollow. Just a thought. Yeah, lots of good one liners about tongue and Groove. Isn't that what K.D. Lang built her house from?

Mike - If you set your AC to 78, how do you survive in the winter when your house is only 66? Do you have forced air or radiant floor heating? From hearing you say how much you love the heat I'm confused about your winter strategy.

One a these days I might actually dust off my clubs and see if they can still make whitey hide in the trees or lakes... On the other hand I might do something more worthwhile like sell them or give them away Right now all they do is take up space in the shed along with my never used in 30 year ski and climbing gear. I musta taken Hoarding 101 before Hoarding actually became a topic.
Old June 13th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Running On Empty

I have a VERY BAD image of tongue & groove in my mind at the moment - a very bad image. My home is set about the same as Mike's - 66* winter 77* summer. I have a 16.5 Seer Trane Packaged forced air Heat/AC Pump. This thing will suck the moisture from a glass ball.
Old June 13th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Always room for one more

I may have left out a part about the low heat in the winter. When I know I'm home for the duration of the day I start up the wood stove. So it gets nice and toasty in here. Otherwise I wear a sweatshirt or a quilted flannel shirt. Much more than that it's too hot for the dog. When the stove is on he lays down away from the stove. And some of that is just being cheep. My furnace/AC is forced air. A big stupid package unit outside. I didn't put it in. I had heat pumps in the past and they weren't worth the powder to blow them up. The AC part worked great. The heat part worked less the more you needed it. Odd.

Finished the day not long after lunch and left just a tad before 230. I think more than a few people in my section are going to get their comeuppance. The lead was none too happy today about staying till 5 last night(which is an hour of double time) and still not finishing. Today we were only 6 short so I'm guessing they didn't stay too long.

Didn't get the mowing done yesterday but did get air in the tires and some trimming done. I'll mow sometime over the weekend before I leave.

Okay time for bed. I should get one of those black out masks to wear. But then I'd wake up after it got dark and freak out. Have a good night everyone. One more to go.
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Weather advisory here a few hours ago. Wind was picking up, skies turned nasty looking. So I took down all the hanging baskets and put them in a sheltered nook on the side of the house. Covered the maters with cloths to protect them against potential hail. I had some time to kill so I also cut the lawns. Boy, in only 3 days it grew almost 1 1/2". Now the skies have cleared, birds singing and gentlest of breezes. I don't trust this lull before the storm. In the west I see some more dark ugly clouds headed this way. I'll keep things buttoned up till tomorrow.
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:16 PM

Since being a Vagitarian isn't politic or religion, I guess I don't have ta close dis thread
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Since being a Vagitarian isn't politic or religion, I guess I don't have ta close dis thread
Too funny!!
Old June 14th, 2019, 07:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Just curious about something. When does a thread become too large for the site to manage? Or is that a thing?
Old June 14th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - Raptors 114, GSW 110. It's a done deal. Forgot to post that earlier. NBA title belongs to Canada.
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day, ended later than I would have liked. No issues turning our wheels in inspection, but the clowns up front, even on Friday, were dragging their feet. I feel like I've been dumbed down working with these people. Eh, I'm done now for 9 days.

Beautiful out and not too hot. Really need to do my mowing this afternoon. Might just hang out outside and let Tiger play in the yard. I could use some extra vitamin D.

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned. Father's Day and all. See ya.
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Running On Empty

45/40 = 85 What happened to my tempo? Played like I was riding a roller coaster - up & down.

I could sense the Indian's cylinder walls required lubrication. One double-dip cappuccino crunch on a waffle cone @ the local General Store, a medium cappuccino @ The Cru coffee shop and a 15 mile spin down some asphalt adequately coated the cylinder walls.
Old June 14th, 2019, 02:19 PM

So much for painting the door. Took a sample of metal from my roof to a long established paint store to have it matched. they won't have it until tomorrow, but of course I'll be at Homecoming, so Monday it is. Jeesh, I thought that I could bring it in and get it matched and mixed on the spot. Maybe I shoulda gone to Home Depot. $25 for a quart, and that wasn't their best which was $35 a quart...crimminy!
Old June 14th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
$25 for a quart, and that wasn't their best which was $35 a quart...crimminy!
I painted some exterior SS metal around my man-cave door about one month ago. I bought Valspar exterior oil & it was ~$30/qt. I will say I am extremely satisfied with the product.
Old June 14th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Oh no, not again...

Just checking in, and then out for a week, - quick trip to BC again, more issues to resolve.
Managed to get a mow in between the rain clouds; at least the place won't look overgrown when I'm gone. I normally would have done the neighbor's front yard too, but it seems it was being taken for granted and there wasn't even a thank you or even a friendly wave. The husband is away, so it's his wife and daughter there, and I've just decided I'm all about diversity and inclusion and they can do their own. Wish I was here to see it, ought to be worth a laugh. The last time one of them tried, the mower was abandoned to the elements in a half finished back yard. Now it's surrounded by grass that's a foot deep. The dandelions are doing well there too; - it's amazing how some people just couldn't give a rat's patootie about what squalor they live in.
Otherwise, pretty quiet week on my end; absolutely nothing to write home about, judging from what I'm reading here at least you guys have lives.
Old June 14th, 2019, 04:55 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Safe travels Marc. Hopefully the problems are small and easy to resolve (hahahaha, never seen that in an estate, but wishful thinking). Neighbors like yours deserve what they get. They must be Liberals or NDP.
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Allan R
Safe travels Marc. Hopefully the problems are small and easy to resolve (hahahaha, never seen that in an estate, but wishful thinking). Neighbors like yours deserve what they get. They must be Liberals or NDP.
Allan - I have refrained from making political comments on this thread based upon the standards expressed "NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED"

I'm curious - are you exempt from the standards?
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Feel free to report me if you think that's a criminal and partisan violation on my part. I don't think my statement was either. Gee, do you go to church? Or is that too Religious for you? Same thing.
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Always room for one more

I'm the king of procrastination. Decided I really needed to mow more than I had planned on today, so I'll do it all tomorrow. It is beautiful out and have been sitting on the back porch watching Tiger run around and play. Today was the spring we should have gotten, not hot, not humid, beautiful at night.

Marc have a safe trip to BC. Frequent long trips get tiring pretty quickly. I know this because I've been doing Atlanta-Pensacola once a month for the past couple years. I don't know how long your drive is but mine is around 6 hours.

Norm I've never been a fan of Valspar paint. Although I've only used the latex indoor paint. The oil based paint might be a different story. My favorite kind of paint? Not doing it at all. Geez and that's apparent because every room and the exterior of the house needs painting.

Wow 830 and not in bed, what fun.
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Allan R
Feel free to report me if you think that's a criminal and partisan violation on my part. I don't think my statement was either. Gee, do you go to church? Or is that too Religious for you? Same thing.
Your above it all approach is really beyond reproach. If the standards apply to the rest of us, they apply to you, as well. I don't appreciate your political opinions and it is none of your business if I go to church. Absolutely NONE of your business. No comment required on your part.
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I'll tell you what. I've become hooked on Clark+Kensington paint. Initially I began using Sherwin Williams years ago, then switched over to Benjamin Moore. I really became dissatisfied w/ both of them. I finally made a switch to Ace Hardware Royal paints and became very satisfied. When Ace Hardware began selling Clark+Kensington I gave it a shot. I am so satisfied with that paint it's doubtful I'll use any other paint again. I'm not sure if they make a metal oil paint, but I was in Lowe's Home Improvement and needed some metal oil paint and bought the Valspar.
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Always room for one more

I'll look for it Norm. Of course, you can't really go wrong with a product named Clark... When I was a kid Ace Hardware was my Dad's favorite store. He went there all the time. I haven't been to an Ace in years.

I tell you what, that 39 Olds that's for sale on the site is a rather tempting item. I love that front end. She doesn't say where she's at but there's what looks like a current Illinois plate on the front, and the vintage plate says Wisconsin. So I'd bet the car is up that way. But alas the burning desire for an Imperial wins out. Although, freshen up the engine and a new set of tires and that car would be my daily work car.
Old June 14th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Running On Empty

Agree Mike. That '39 Olds is pretty awesome - I like that era vintage - killer stuff. It does appear the '39 is in Illinois based upon the tags front & rear.

We have two good hardware stores around this area (Ace is not one of them). They are both original True Value Hardware stores - which I love. The one closest to me is fair - they have some of the better items. The one about 37 miles from me is the classic True Value where you can buy cattle feed, animal vaccines, nails of every variety by the ounce, rolls of fencing, and most of the hard-to-find items which a real hardware store should have in stock.
Old June 14th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Oh no, not again...

We're not driving this time, we're flying. I'm borrowing a car from my mother, eventually I'll bring it home, but that will be the next trip.

Allan, you're probably right, they strike me as the type, they fit the stereotype. Our house is surrounded by women who are all proud, fiercely independent, militant, and single man-haters. Those that have boyfriends or other living arrangements tend to keep cleaner yards, but the recent divorcees in the duplexes behind us don't and it shows. Not one of them knows how to keep a yard or do any kind of physical work. They all have scraggly little mongrels of dogs that are only good for yipping and crapping the lawn full. The women do know how to lie in among the weeds and brush and turds and tan in the sun, their porcine, pasty white bodies straining faded onesies as they fry in their own fat. One of them bent over and I got to see a lot more than I ever cared to when the fabric strained to see-through. I have a better understanding of why they are single now. There wasn't enough beer in the world to make that image go away. And, the teenage daughters are no better, in fact they're worse. "Mini-me's" of mother in every case, but with the usual poor socialization and loud and crass teenage sass. They do give me the time of day for a polite "hello" across the fence, but then the comments I overhear as they are all gabbing into their omnipresent cellphones belay any civility and or manners and reinforce why they are in the predicament that they find themselves in.

My apologies if that sounds too sexist for some. But I do believe in diversity and inclusion. I'm much older than any of them, and if I can still keep up triple the square footage of their postage stamp lots, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to.

Mike, Took a look at that Olds; - looks pretty solid. There are kits out there to get rid of the add-on lights and combine signals, brakes and tails in the back. That would be job-1 if I bought it. I'm not to enthused about the colour would prefer darker to set off the lines more, but if the car is as solid as it looks, it would be a nice little Sunday cruiser. The price being asked is right about what it would be worth. Polished up the thing would look really nice, and with a set of wide whites, it would stand out proudly.

The cars are a pleasure to drive on nice easy weekend days when there is no pressure, they are a fair-weather car because of the tricky 6 volt electronics, which have to be maintained 100% in order to work well. My 46 Buick was a sweetheart, but my 49 Chevy had some issue that I could never find and I ended up push starting that pig more times than I care to remember.

Now the bad news:
Now the only real downside to cars of that vintage is that they're incredibly slow and they can be a handful to drive. They're suited for gravel roads at no more than 45-50. Highways at 60 are a bit much, that thing will scream, and since that engine probably still has babbit- bearings in it the redline probably is around 35-3800 RPM. So to use it as a daily driver is a bit tough on a car like that. They are very fatiguing to drive in modern traffic; you're always having to think two steps ahead because these cars don't stop as well, don't accelerate, and don't corner worth a tinker's cuss. When the sign says 30 Max, you do 30 max, otherwise you'll roll it. I think they are still the standard when it comes to assessing speed limits. Other people on the road will assume you'll be able to stop like a modern car, and they'll expect you to shove off from a light briskly. So they tailgate, cut you off, or gawk at you in your blind spot. And that car has a lot of them. Whenever I drove mine, fingers were either pointing at the car, or directed skyward, depending on how much they were held up. In the end I could wheel my car around pretty briskly, and the Buick straight 8 had pretty good off the line acceleration all things considered, otherwise, yeah, you spend a lot of time on the shoulders and listening to obscenities.

Just a comparison for acceleration; with my 49 Chevy, I could beat a 75 Civic off the line, and that was by a bumperette. After about 50 mph, he dusted me. The Chevy had a 216 inline OHV 6, a cast iron wonder of 1000 lbs.

Modern oils are no good for that engine, and modern gas is no good for the fuel pump, carb or the valves. E-15 will gum up the valves, and with a 6 to 1 compression ratio, it can't run Super. So you'll be using additives. Here again, on my 46, I found out the hard way about the gas. It cooked my fuel pump and the carb inside a week, and the vacuum profile was getting stupid until I found a source of ethanol free regular.
I had to use my 46 Buick as a daily driver for about 3 weeks; - it was really hard on the poor old thing. Prior to that, the last 40s vintage car I had as a driver was a 49 Chevy, and one year of full time modern driving killed it. These cars were designed for a lot slower pace, and a lot more driver intervention and maintenance.
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got off to a good start. Up by 6, went to the Awful house and then took Tiger to jail, and now I'm home and have laundry going and about to go out and mow. Lots to do and it's a beautiful day out.

Norm I'm a dumbass, that Illinois plate on the back of that car was staring me right in the face and I didn't even notice it. Maybe I was fixated on the frame. I used to have a Rolls Royce and it was trouble literally from day 1. But I got the best of it. Since that car is indeed in Illinois and I am not, I'm not really serious about it, but it does get the gears turning.

Marc I will defer to you since you have real experience, but what exactly is it that makes these cars a handful in modern traffic? I understand the low power and the bad brakes. Heck I've got cars today that are like that. Is it the manual steering? Is it bad suspension? Maybe the best thing would be find one that isn't a runner, upgrade with a V8 and disc brakes and the like. I'm really beginning to despise today's cars. I had a Cruze and it looked a heck of a lot like a Hyundai. Dat ain't right.

One of the cars I'm on the lookout for is a 49 Chevy. I see them all the time, but they are 4 doors or Fleetlines. I want a Styleline, not sure what the model is called but it's got the big quarter window and not the small one. I want to replicate the first police car that the village had where I grew up. They had the car a tad before I got there...

Well daylight is burning. And if I sit here in the house alone I'll be sad. Hope everyone has a good Saturday.
Old June 15th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Always room for one more

Break time. Just finished my mowing. It's relatively cool out but physical labor in the direct sun is hot! Glad it's done.

One thing I need to address is the sliding door in the kitchen. It's rather tricky trying to let Tiger out. It feels like the wheels on the bottom have either worn down or exited, and it won't slide for nothing. It appears that I need to deconstruct half the house to get it out. The gutter outside the back door leaked for years, and the corner of the house is rather deteriorated, so I have a feeling the door frame is wacked. I think what I want to do is take out the glass door and adjacent glass panel, and install a regular door and a window. That after I fix the corner of the house.

Don't have anything for a snack, so I might just run a couple errands and stop and get some ice cream. Thought about going up for pizza tonight but I hate going by myself. Eh, who cares. Not many people appreciate that place the way I do, I should go by myself.
Old June 15th, 2019, 01:09 PM

Mike, I've been at it all day too. Mowing, watering trees, re setting a few crooked markers I;m gonna tackle the weed whacking in the a.m while it still cool
Old June 15th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Running On Empty

43/39 = 82
Old June 15th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good evening everyone,

Busy day. I was judging a heavy equipment skills operating competition and will be again tomorrow. Gotta say it's scary to see some of the 'professionals' demonstrating their prowess wreaking havok on the asphalt. I was lucky to be able to stay inside where the pre-trip inspections were being carried out prior to the equipment operation. There were 8 staged defects that wouldn't render the equipment unsafe, but could be easily overlooked by a casual glance. No one got the full eight. Most was 5. And these are spoda be people who are top notch in their field competing for a spot in TX. Shnikeys, I have to pray for them I think.

Marc - I understand about the oil. I need to do an oil change on the 72 and I need to source out something with adequate ZDDP. I originally thought that maybe a full synthetic would be a good choice as I've been told it's actually 'slipperier' than conventional oil. As I understand ZDDP it's basic function is to prevent wear and along with the phosphorous content. What do you think? In your opinion would a synthetic (say 10-40) work well in a 72 350? I'm on the fence with this one, but I know where I can get some old fashioned oil that will work as the OEM requirement. BTW, I don't envy you with your neighbors. That sounds like a moment from hell. Maybe a good therapist can hypnotize you into forgetting what you saw?? Did you catch that squeaker with the EE vs SK yesterday? EE looks good even without Reilly.

I think I found some buttons. I wonder what happens if I press them? Maybe I'll try them and see.
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, time to wind down. Got a lot done today and I'm just about ready to go.

So I went to Walmart this afternoon to refill some medicine. I didn't call ahead or anything, but it wasn't busy and I said I'd wait for it. The girl said it would be 30 minutes max, probably 15 minutes. Well, 50 minutes later it's done. Why the hold up? They were filling the phone orders. I was sitting right there and they were filling the orders for people who weren't sitting right there. My last round I had filled at Publix because Walmart didn't have the medicine, and I liked Publix, but I liked how Walmart sent text reminders and Publix didn't. You know what, I can count pills and see when I need to renew.

Quiet in here tonight. Don't like it. I was talking to my Mom earlier and she said I'll sleep without being disturbed. I said no, I'll wake up and think why hasn't Tiger woke me up?

Allan there's no reason to start a **** storm.

I'm turning in. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old June 15th, 2019, 09:13 PM

Allan, If you have the mind to, give this a looking over for oil. It is a looonng read, but worth it.https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/201...-test-ranking/
Old June 15th, 2019, 09:35 PM

Made it to Homecoming, with a bit of a delay. We went in my buddies '68 442, which he has been taking to Homecoming for over twenty years with few problems...very reliable. We got about 10-15 miles out of town and he says the the Hot light is on, not good, so we start looking for the next exit which was about 2 miles down the road. As we are headed for that exit, I can hear what sounds like the lifters clattering over the radio, we make it to the exit, pull into a parking lot and pop the hood. She is extremely hot, with some smoking from oil lightly dripping from the valve cover gaskets onto the heads and exhaust manifolds. At first, there is no coolant coming from the overflow, but shortly thereafter it started coming out, and we could hear gurgling coming from the engine. No white smoke of any kind anywhere. the upper radiator hose was firm as heck. (checked with a towel wrapped hand). So, he called Hagerty to get a tow, which they said would be within the hour, (about 40 minutes). After about 30 minutes, a sorta clinking sound came from the thermostat area, and the upper radiator hose collapsed, and then went back to normal, and was no longer firm. We suspect that the thermostat failed in the closed position, causing the overheating. He is going to go through it to try and figure out what happened. We got to Homecoming about two hours later than we planned. Though overcast, it never rained. Turnout was a little low, but good, I would assume do to others having concerns about the rain (Greg!) Saw plenty of nice cars and talked to Joe P. for a minute. Nice guy by the way. He drove one of his '62 F-85 wagons on the Hot Rod Power Tour, and drove to Lansing straight from the finish of it in Illinois. I'll post a pic of the car later.
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:53 AM

Speaking of neighbors

I have exactly one. The good new is it's going on 3 years since she has spoken to me.

In the past, I've loaned her tools, Help her build a barn, taken her and her poor husband to the doc in a box helped her with her horses and generally tried to be a good neighbor. She's a know it all doctor god [shrink] Anyway she decided she didn't like the way the city was run so she decided to run for mayor. And ax me if she could put up a sign in my yard. I said :No: I not involved in politics" So she says, "You got one of Joe's [ not real name] signs in your yard" And I say, "That's because he's a Vietnam vet and was with the Marines at Kne Sanh, "So then Ms KNOW IT ALL says, He wasn't with the MARINES, He was in the Navy" [ He actually was in the Navy and in the Sea Bees at Kne Sanh but there's no sense trying to explain anything. It's a waste of breath]

She may have gotten 20 votes [from a few dikes] but she still is trying to run the city from FB along with the county, state and country. Unfortunately, The genius can't remember to buy hay for her horses and when they get hungry, they want to get out onto my property. I jes call the police and say, "There are some horses loose" Rounding up horses is part of their job description

Candidly, From what I see of FB, I don't care for her opinions and would never have voted for her, but she seems to think her opinion is the only one that's matters, I should teach her a little about "People are different and have different views" but why kick a dead horse, I'm enjoying the quiet

Amy-way, come 1st light I'm gonna start weed wacking so next week, the dump will be in good shape and I can smack whitey

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 16th, 2019, 05:02 AM

Homecoming was good. We left here about 6:45 and arrived about 8:30. Did take the Olds. Sprinkled just a little on the way down and rained before we got back up here about 3. No rain at the homecoming as Dan said. I saw Joe P, Brett, Scott, Pat, Tim, and a bunch more Olds friends. I bought one item at the swap meet- a decal for my oil fill tube... That's all!. My car is no where near perfect but not at the project stage as the Vista Cruiser was. So no longer on the hunt as I was the last couple years. The new owner of the Vista, Doug, was there. He said he got a new dual exhaust system on it now. That's good, I wish he had brought. Have a happy Fathers day!
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well I did sleep good the first part of the night, then my brain started (over)thinking about my trip and I tossed and turned until around 6. Just got back from the Awful house.

Got everything together except the computer. I thought I might take it along, it's a laptop, that way I can keep up with stuff while I'm gone. And when I wake up at 3am because it's 6am at my house and can't get back to sleep, I have something to do other than look at infomercials on TV.

Hope everyone has a good day, it's beautiful here. Hope it's nice in Reno. Can't wait to see the collection again. Happy Fathers Day everyone.
Old June 16th, 2019, 10:42 AM

A few pics from Homecomimg. Not as many as I used to take. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yy9nzcTFihmLbTM39
Old June 16th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys and Happy Fathers Day to each of you whether you are a father or not.
I have been off for a couple days. I finished up most of the flower beds I had been working on and am now ready to get some dirt in and lay the sod. We had a big rain early this morning and are supposed to have thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday. Maybe I will get some dirt hauled on Thursday and then do the sod the following week. Yesterday my wife and I went up to McKinney and met my son and granddaughter for breakfast. It was good. It took the granddaughter a little time to warm up. Unfortunately she has a lot of her mothers DNA. Then yesterday afternoon we meet son, his wife and two stepdaughters for dinner at a Japanese restaurant here in Rowlett. The step granddaughter was there and she is a doll. I probably should start leaving the step out. I think I spent about $200 on meals yesterday since out daughter and two grandsons went. I got some neat stuff for Fathers Day this morning. One of the coolest things is a Texas Flag that is made as a flap for my 10x10 canopy. It will block the sun and is way cool if you are a Texan.
Dan, thanks for the homecoming pictures. I think the green 50 woody was at the NAOC Meet held here last week. I don't believe there was ever a 62 Starfire that came with dog dish hubcaps and for good reason. Man that cheapens the car. But it is his car to do with as he pleases.
Mike, have a good trip.
Have a good day folks.

Glenn
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Running On Empty

40/39 = 79

Dan, nice pictures. The green woody is my favorite.
Old June 16th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening everyone,

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.

Finished the judging today on the skills competition. It was brutal. Lots of unused talent that needs to be educated better IMO.

Hey Mike - Wutchu talking about? The buttons I was talking about were on the heavy equipment. Don't be accusing me of starting a **** storm over that cuz it's unwarranted. Maybe I should have been clearer, or maybe you just read too much into my comment. Just in case you breezed over my first paragraph, I was judging a competition with heavy equipment - and what many people don't know is it's heavily computer controlled in the operators compartment nowadays. BTW the buttons were only active when the MC was enabled so nothing happened. But when the MC was enabled there were interesting results.

Glenn - You've been busy. Nice Fathers's day gift! I love flags. And it's good that the family treated you right on this day.

Jim - I believe the word yer lookin for is lesbians
She may have gotten 20 votes from a few dikes
A dike is:
  1. a long wall or embankment built to prevent flooding from the sea; OR
  2. a ditch or watercourse.
I have great respect for the military who served and serve to protect freedom and democracy.

Dan - You're right. It's a long read. Right now I'm sorta bushed so I'll read it in the morning. Thank you for finding it for me, I appreciate it. Gotta go check out your pictures of homecoming now.
Old June 16th, 2019, 05:43 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone from The Biggest Little City. It was a long day of traveling, and it didn't help that I never made a reservation for a flight. So it was like pulling teeth to get the counter person to list me on a flight, as though he wouldn't be doing it all day, as that's his job. And he listed me on a flight I didn't want. Eh, the joke is on him because I went to the flight I wanted and got on anyway. Made a good connection in Salt Lake City and here I am. Nice room, a bit small but heck what do you want for an early summer special.

Didn't have any trouble with the laptop, either. I see a lot of people bringing them. I didn't bring the charger so we'll see how long it lasts.

There's a restaurant down the street that has authentic Chicago food, I'm gonna hike down there for a Chicago Hot Dog. The guy is actually from Chicago so he gets it right. Then I'll turn in early. It will be fun at the museum tomorrow. I'll take a couple pictures.

Have a good night everyone.
Old June 17th, 2019, 03:37 AM

Off to smack whitey

For those of you that don't follow golf. Here's Patrick Reed doing his impression of me

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3DD9&FORM=VIRE
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ah, so now I'm the one bringing up the rear timewise. I adapt pretty well to different time zones, but I sure am hungry. Gonna go scope out the place for some breakfast. Went to my Chicago place last night and had a Chicago hot dog. Can't beat it.

One thing I don't have is money. I went to the ATM on my way out and it was out of order. Now you'd think that in a casino town there's be money everywhere. I just hate to see what the charge is for using an ATM here. I might stop into a bank.

I love Monday on vacation. I can only imagine my coworkers messing with those tires. But I'm not imagining too hard. Have a great day everyone.