The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Neighborhood thieves on camera

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM

Neighborhood thieves on camera

Neighbor put up a game camera after things kept disappearing from the carport.

Sunday, 1130pm he captured this image

https://picasaweb.google.com/1085196...CImcu-S696O_aA

I hope the lighting was IR and gave no clue that he was photographed.

The kids say that my in-car motion detector [driveway alert modified] also was set off that night but no one was seen or caught.

My critter cam was not turned on I guess, hard to read its screen.

Had a keyfob cam but someone in my house stole it last night so I ordered a new USB stick type with motion detect acvtivation.

Time to set a real good trap for these shytheads.
Old July 24th, 2013, 07:56 PM

He'll be back some evening on his way home from 7-11 after picking up a package of Skittles and Arizona tea.
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:58 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

"Arizona tea"?, that's a new one to me, what is it?.

Roger.
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Yeah, this requires ingenuity, as, on the one hand, just snapping a picture, even a really clear one, probably won't motivate the local Five-Oh, while setting a trap that's too "good" might get you in trouble with the self-same constabulary.

Might require spending a night or two awake.

Depending on your plans and your state's laws, it may be best to delete this thread now.

- Eric
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by rustyroger
"Arizona tea"?, that's a new one to me, what is it?.

Roger.
Just a brand name, like the stuff that rich retired golfer puts his name on.
Old July 25th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Just a brand name, like the stuff that rich retired golfer puts his name on.
Yes, Roger. If you were to google to two "food" items in that post, you'd learn something about current events on this side of the pond that we are NOT going to go into here, though I think most here would agree that the important themes involve having the sense not to walk into a situation that you're not prepared to walk calmly out of, and not bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I really hate thieves.

- Eric
Old July 25th, 2013, 04:27 AM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
no street lights ?. Looks like Detroit "The Murder City"...
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM

Perhaps if the gamecam has a standard flash, this might prompt the fool to not come back. Or maybe it will so he can steal the camera.
Goes your neighborhood or police dept have any sort of online crime bulletin board? Our dept does and encourages people to set up cameras and send in photos of suspicious activities.
Perhaps you all need some motion activated floodlights out there. Crooks hate bright lights just like Mogwai...
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Octania

Had a keyfob cam but someone in my house stole it last night so I ordered a new USB stick type with motion detect acvtivation.
Wait, someone who lives in your house stole your keyfob cam? Are you having the same roommates as BaddAndy? Or do you mean someone broke into your house and stole it?
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:31 PM

At our local probation office, they get pics like this from detectives all the time. They are able to identify 70% of the crooks because most of the criminals report to them everyday. Suggest this to the police if they have not already done it. Also I like motion lights cause they are less likely to steal with 100 watts shining on them. Also pictures are better quality with lots of light. And yeah, be very careful about retaliation...sometimes the criminal gets more rights than the victims.

Here's a pic of a crook I caught stealing corn from my deer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SUNP0037.jpg (77.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg
SUNP0028.jpg (70.9 KB, 51 views)
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by starfire
Wait, someone who lives in your house stole your keyfob cam? Are you having the same roommates as BaddAndy? Or do you mean someone broke into your house and stole it?
Long story
I mean it's just a $10 stick camera really... wth.... it just bugs me that the folks here don't respect my stuff and leave it where I had it. Youngest and medium kids both had visitors that night, but I doubt they would take such a thing. There's a $20 bill of the fridge, ya know, so why take a spy cam and its charging cord. The eldest kid OTOH, has a long history of taking my phone charger, to the point I had to screw it to the wall to keep it there. So, that night I plugged in the spy cam to the phone charger, to charge the camera, and went to bed. Get up next day, grab a coffee, let's see how the camera is doing, oh IT'S MISSING and the eldest kid's phone is plugged in instead, yet amazingly he knows NOTHING about where the camera went. He has alcohol problems, so I figure that explains it. Annoys me to have to go find a new one [though you get motion detect now for your $12!].

Here's a pic of a crook I caught stealing corn from my deer
===============
damn coons, I shoot every one of them I find in my [parts] cars. They shred the upholstery and shyt all over the place.

As for the outdoor thieves I was thinking not really lethal or dangerous, just to bust them. Like the in-car motion detector- alert ME in the house, so I can peek out there and call 911 and watch the forkers. I must admit though that the time I let the dog out [pit bull terrier] and she caught the forker at the road and he donated his phone to me I had quite a bit of fun with that.
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:47 PM

Somebody has been tripping my motion light out back of my house, I found the bad guy one night this past week, A big rabbit.

Not going to complain about that, but he probably will, after my driveway is expanded
Old July 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Octania
... the time I let the dog out [pit bull terrier] and she caught the forker at the road and he donated his phone to me I had quite a bit of fun with that.
Yeah. You can't tell who's out there when the dog goes out to do her thing, and dogs can be so territorial sometimes - it's a shame that poor man got such a shock, but at least the dog catcher will generally see such an event as a "provoked attack," since the poor soul was on the dog's territory unexpectedly, and won't hold it against the dog, if it ever gets reported, that is...

- Eric
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:20 PM
69 convertible 442

Originally Posted by MellowYellow
He'll be back some evening on his way home from 7-11 after picking up a package of Skittles and Arizona tea.
not to bring it back up for any other reason but it was Arizona watermelon and skittles and if you combine those with Robitussin you get a substance called "lean."

also for the person with the sticky fingers at night you could purchase a taser gun. there a non-lethal item that anyone can purchase... just a thought
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by cameron74
not to bring it back up for any other reason but it was Arizona watermelon and skittles and if you combine those with Robitussin you get a substance called "lean."
I understand 17 year old kids who wear hoodies have been known to have physical evidence of prolonged and extensive use.

Further, that users of lean tend to be aggressive and paranoid.
Old July 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM

I looked into getting a zapper after being assaulted and injured at the 2009 Homecoming... illegal in MI. Huh. I was limping for about a month due the knee injury. Elbow injury not shown.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1085196...6/July28201303

Last edited by Octania; July 29th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 06:56 PM

http://lansing.craigslist.org/rnr/3957941237.html

Neighbor bought the Shipwreck Tools driveway allert motion detector

2-3 days later here's mr Thief in the carport again, around 10pm.

Out pops the neighbor with a stick to explain the error of the punk bitch's ways.

"oh I was just gonna knock on the door and axe for bus money"

yeah right
I was born Tuesday
not LAST Tuesday

He explained to the youth that there are camera shots and if he shows up again there will be a trip to the hospital.

Last edited by Octania; August 8th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:27 PM

What happened to you at Homecoming?
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:19 AM

Pushed down by this feller, causing injuries to my knee and arm.... He was unhappy that I dared to take photos of his car, after he stole a T-shirt I had for sale, and stomped on it... because it dared to show one of his ill fitting products [for real, I don't lie and bullshed about stuff like that]...

9171_502bshirtcircles.jpg

Then my civil rights were trampled by this feller asking ME to leave the area [swap meet] then had the nerve to bitch about how slow I was going with my injuries. Never bothered to investigate the assault. The club could not be bothered to oh say I dunno ask for witnesses over the PA....

9171_600cNaziJr.jpg

Quite a fun day. LONG story with many photos still tucked away.
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM

That's a threatening shirt. Premeditated assault. One could be considered to be rightfully in fear for their life, and you know what that means.