The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

missing airplane MH370

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2014, 09:48 AM

missing airplane MH370

Not one trace of anything found yet.

Is anyone else rather worried that maybe this was 'jacked, the passengers all executed, and it is now fitted with a nuke for use wherever they can penetrate the defenses- HI, LA, NY, etc. ??

That's a lot of stuff to just disappear.
You know N. Vietnam or a former soviet bloc place would trade uranium for $ or help with their nuclear program.
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Big Daddy No Bucks

I find it beyond absurd in this day & age that something like this is even possible.

It just shouldn't be that a plane can simply disappear with NFC as to what happened to it.
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM

I agree with you regarding disappearing without a trace but.........but think it's unlikely somebody is turning the jet into a flying nuclear bomb
joepenoso
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Octania
Is anyone else rather worried that maybe this was 'jacked, the passengers all executed, and it is now fitted with a nuke for use wherever they can penetrate the defenses- HI, LA, NY, etc. ??
Naah. You could put a nuke in a Cessna. Or a cabin cruiser. Or a bread truck.

If you wanted a big bang with conventional explosives (and had the budget for the heist you theorize), you could BUY an older big plane cheaper than it would have cost to do a job like this.

If you REALLY wanted a big modern jet, it'd be a lot easier to hijack a cargo jet with a crew of three or four, rather than one full of unpredictable people.

Besides, as we've seen, a big jet is ALREADY a great big flying bomb - if you were going to go to the trouble, the best thing would have been to grab it then, and fly it directly into something local while the tanks were full, not fly it around wasting your ammunition.

Whatever happened to it is weird, and we may someday find out what it was, but I really don't think it's that.

- Eric
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Not to mention that jacking a commercial airliner puts air and national defence mechanisms / awareness at higher levels than before. Why stir that up when you can be off the radar as Eric suggested?
Old May 4th, 2014, 02:53 PM

I'm thinking that it crashed into the ocean and sunk.
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:04 PM

The US (and I bet many other countries) have gaps in their radar coverage. During the Cold War Soviet Bears (and US A/C) were routinely making approaches to US/USSR soil (but not violating air space) to gauge response and look for gaps in radar coverage. It turned into a game of cat and mouse. Heck, I would go so far as say that both sides deliberately misled the other about where these gaps were.

That being said a smaller and poorer country may have significant gaps in radar coverage. However standard practice is for the A/C to be handed off from one TACAN site to another. Once the transponder goes off the pilot would have a pretty good chance to exploit a gap.

I don't know what happened to that plane. Until some proof is found it will be a topic for many people to "what if".
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:29 PM

I have a 23 ' center console sport fisherman with an eberb. If it sinks at least they will know where I was when it went down. It is hard for me to believe that in this high tech world we live in there is not a similar device on a commercial airliner
Old May 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Administrator

There is a device like that on an airplane, it was disabled. I agree, in this day and age when they can count the pimples on a teens butt laying in the backyard sunbathing, that an aircraft of this size simply disappeared.
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

No, there actually isn't.

The EPIRB is generally located on one or more pieces of rescue equipment (lifeboat, liferaft, life ring) that will float free of the vessel should the vessel go down, and turns on automatically when it hits the water, thus providing some degree of "automatic" notification if the vessel goes down, even if the crew does not specifically deploy it.

The plane had EPIRBs on its chutes / liferafts that would be deployed upon deployment of the liferafts, but if the plane hit the water at 200mph and the doors were never opened to deploy the rafts, the EPIRBs would have been taken to the bottom without ever switching on (and their signals are not designed to be located underwater).

- Eric
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Hookers under Hood

Besides, as we've seen, a big jet is ALREADY a great big flying bomb - if

Whatever happened to it is weird, and we may someday find out what it was.

Have you ever seen the Loose Change Video??? You tube it.... might surprise you if you haven't seen it.
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:45 PM

That video is stupid.
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM

That's a mighty big ocean with areas 15000 ft deep !
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:44 PM

I agree with the sunk 15000' theory. It's plausible that the jet ran out of fuel and flared into the water relatively intact (explaining why no debris) and then sank to the bottom of the deepest ocean on the planet (why it hasn't been found). Incidentally, for those who can't understand how this vanished without a trace - since commercial flights began right up to this incident, over 80 aircraft (many being very large, fully loaded commercial aircraft) have vanished without any trace and are still missing to this day.
Old May 5th, 2014, 06:38 AM

For me the biggest question isn't where is it now .. it's how did it get there. I find it unfathomable that this plane flew unquestioned back over the city with the Petronas Towers.
Old May 5th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Professur
I find it unfathomable that this plane flew unquestioned back over the city with the Petronas Towers.
I've found that the more I've become involved with one thing or another that has to do with how "important" decisions are made, and things are run, the more I've been surprised by how incompetently and seat-of-the-pants most things are run on a day-to-day, minute-to-minute basis, even by people we would expect to "look up to."

In the end, it probably all boils down to some 19 year old kids sitting in a dark room, looking at screens, thinking about the next time they're going to see their girlfriends, and talking about soccer or their rotten boss.

- Eric
Old May 6th, 2014, 05:05 AM

The United States knows where it is, there's no doubt about that. Nothing moves in the Indian Ocean without the US knowing about it. This is because we have submarines EVERYWHERE down there, constantly detecting anything that crosses our path. However, revealing the location of the aircraft would also reveal the subs and compromise our security. It's nasty business, being a world super power.
Not to try and start/fuel conspiracies, but I actually talked with a teacher about this. He was with the military for a very long time. I'm always the guy to question everything, and the things he's told me are pretty amazing. I wouldn't take him for some crazed old man off his meds.

Last edited by Keegan; May 6th, 2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old May 6th, 2014, 05:40 AM

Just a thought
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
the plane.jpg (51.2 KB, 24 views)
Old May 6th, 2014, 05:44 AM
morgan

I was at town hall on business with the health inspector ,he from a village in Africa and he is convinced that UFO's are responsible for the plane vanishing
Old May 6th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Keegan
The United States knows where it is...
I tend to agree. But we can't let everyone else know what we know, so we've given them some hints (I recall the point at which they said the plane could have gone north or could have done south, and an unnamed US source said, "We know it had to have gone south, because, er, north doesn't make sense," or something like that).
Trouble is, as noted, it's probably at some ungodly depth that nothing can get to, so we'll have to "stumble upon it" when all the interest cools down.

- Eric
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:48 AM

The plane has been located

We found it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
found the plane.jpg (21.4 KB, 54 views)
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
I tend to agree. But we can't let everyone else know what we know, so we've given them some hints (I recall the point at which they said the plane could have gone north or could have done south, and an unnamed US source said, "We know it had to have gone south, because, er, north doesn't make sense," or something like that).
Trouble is, as noted, it's probably at some ungodly depth that nothing can get to, so we'll have to "stumble upon it" when all the interest cools down.

- Eric
Exactly! And by then, who knows what kind of knowledge/speculation will surface on the reason for its disappearance...
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Beer Connoisseur

My dad listens to news from Croatia and needless to say he gets a different spin on a lot of news or stories that Fox, CNN etc. presents to us as "news". One of them was the theory about this MH370 flight. The link below is just a fragment of the conspiracy theory. The 20 scientist missing were working on some sort of chip for stealth technology.
Usually I don't get into conspiracies, but lately I am not so trusting of our government.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=29355

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0M602O20140309
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

No offense, but the Croatian and Serbian broadcasters didn't cover themselves in glory with their accuracy from the late eighties through the early nineties.

- Eric
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Beer Connoisseur

No offense, but the Croatian and Serbian broadcasters didn't cover themselves in glory with their accuracy from the late eighties through the early nineties.

- Eric
80 and 90 was a different time, communist time.
Croatia is a member of European Union now and things are different.

I don't believe any news station especially the ones from our news stations CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc., all of these are about the same today as Croatian news were back in those days. Government controlled.

But now we are getting into politics, I was just trying to share what the rest of the world is talking about.
Old May 6th, 2014, 10:12 AM

No, there actually isn't.

The EPIRB is generally located on one or more pieces of rescue equipment (lifeboat, liferaft, life ring) that will float free of the vessel should the vessel go down, and turns on automatically when it hits the water, thus providing some degree of "automatic" notification if the vessel goes down, even if the crew does not specifically deploy it.

The plane had EPIRBs on its chutes / liferafts that would be deployed upon deployment of the liferafts, but if the plane hit the water at 200mph and the doors were never opened to deploy the rafts, the EPIRBs would have been taken to the bottom without ever switching on (and their signals are not designed to be located underwater).

- Eric
Very true Eric BUT it still doesn't explain why they haven't designed one to sit on top of the tail of the plane!
Old May 6th, 2014, 10:49 AM

Who knows.......... to many different stories, personally I think they had a cabin pressurization event, been their and experienced that. I think I heard where it went to 41K then down to 12 or something. just doesn't sound right if true. Probably in the Indian Ocean some place
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Sampson
Very true Eric BUT it still doesn't explain why they haven't designed one to sit on top of the tail of the plane!
Oh, I bet someone has designed something like that, which would sit behind an aerodynamic cover and release under water. The problem is that nobody in authority is willing to PAY for it.

- Eric
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Senior Moment Member

What about the theory that the US shot it down because it was on its way to Diego Garcia to crash into the installation there. Plausible. The story goes, that the copilot had practiced on his flight sim, this exact path. Can't exactly shout that from the rooftops.
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:44 PM

I know this section of the forum is supposed to stray away from "politics" and whatnot, but this is interesting. No one is fighting or arguing, unlike other places where this kind of stuff is discussed.
That's weird, z113775ss. I hadn't heard of that! There are just too many secrets.
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Administrator

I'm gonna get my aluminum foil hat out.
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Senior Moment Member

Mine is firmly attached. Chin strap suggested for all.
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Engine Builder

Marty Mcfly was in board with a new generation flux capacitor. At the proper time he fed 1.21 gigawatt's to the new device and transported everyone to another time and dimension starting what will soon become the beginning of mass time/dimensional transportation. Invest now and reap the riches when you travel forward in time.