The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Left handed day??

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2020, 12:22 PM

Left handed day??

https://www.lefthandersday.com/

I think this should be a national holiday. Everyone else gets a day or month, I want mine!!!!
Old August 13th, 2020, 12:49 PM

"Page not working"

Probably hacked by a right-hander
Old August 13th, 2020, 12:50 PM

My wife told me about it this morning (she's a lefty). I asked if she wanted me to drive on the left side of the road.
Old August 13th, 2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by matt69olds
https://www.lefthandersday.com/

I think this should be a national holiday. Everyone else gets a day or month, I want mine!!!!
My oldest sister is a lefty, over the years she has accumulated a collection of things like left handed scissors, left handed playing cards etc... I am a gun enthusiast and I know that rifles and shotguns with right hand eject pose problems for some of my left handed friends. I have a Ithaca clone 12 GA shot gun that one of my leftie friends has been after me for a while to sell because its bottom eject, I finally gave in and sold it to him because now that I have Old Farts disease my shoulder no longer likes 12GA recoil. now that I think of it both my older sisters are lefties !! guess I was the only normal one in the family !! ENJOY YOUR DAY !!

Old August 13th, 2020, 04:43 PM

I’m convinced the back problems I have as an adult are a direct result of the constant twisting to sit in the stupid right hand desks I had to use a a kid in school.

With the exception of writing (there are people who suggest I haven’t mastered good penmanship with either hand!) I can do just about anything equally with either hand.
Old August 14th, 2020, 07:33 AM

Wish I was ambidextrous, should anything happen to my right hand it's doubtful that I could even scratch my nose among other things..... Tedd
Old August 14th, 2020, 09:32 AM

My Step-Dad was ambidextrous. Always amazed me how he could work, equally, with both hands. I can't even drive a nail left handed. But, I learned how to play shuffle board left handed by my Uncle-In-Law. 35 years ago, he made be play that game with my right hand in my back pocket until I was better at it with my left. He taught me that if I can hit pucks left handed few people could beat me. And he was right (no pun intended). I made quit a few dollars in the olden days tossing those blue and red pucks down the board..

I still teach the young guns a thing or two...the rare times I find a bar that has a good slidey board. Well, before the crud hit, anyway.

Old August 14th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by KW5413
My Step-Dad was ambidextrous. Always amazed me how he could work, equally, with both hands. I can't even drive a nail left handed. But, I learned how to play shuffle board left handed by my Uncle-In-Law. 35 years ago, he made be play that game with my right hand in my back pocket until I was better at it with my left. He taught me that if I can hit pucks left handed few people could beat me. And he was right (no pun intended). I made quit a few dollars in the olden days tossing those blue and red pucks down the board..

I still teach the young guns a thing or two...the rare times I find a bar that has a good slidey board. Well, before the crud hit, anyway.

There was a neighborhood bar that had one of those shuffleboards in it Called the 7 C's it was kind of a small country bar and what I remember most was stopping by on Friday nights for a beer playing shuffleboard ( I stunk at it) and listening to countless replays of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain !! didn't they used to sprinkle cornmeal or something on the surface to slick it up ?
Old August 14th, 2020, 12:03 PM

There are different types of shuffleboard dust. Wax, silicone, blends...etc. On the wax side it'll slow the pucks down. The silicone offerings will speed the puck up. I always preferred a fast table as I am more a finesse player than a power puck chunker. With an "inside" breaking table I was real good at hiding pucks deep, behind shorted throws. If I could hid them with a left handed throw, the opponent could rarely knock me off the board.

Speaking of left hands, my oldest daughter (48)...is a south paw. No one else, on either side, can claim that. But, she writes with her right hand. Just something she did since little. Never pushed her to that. I guess it was just easier for her to learn writing with the right than it was for us to teach her to write with the left.
Old August 14th, 2020, 06:56 PM

My old man is sorta ambidextrous wrights right handed but bats and throws a ball left handed. My left hand is from a alien and not good for anything in this world.... Tedd
Old August 15th, 2020, 05:16 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

One day in ten should be a leftie day, in proportion to the left handed part of the population.
I learned to do most everyday tasks right handed, scissors, can openers, that kind of stuff.
But I never learned to write with my right hand, despite the efforts of a particularly nasty teacher in my first couple of years at school. All she accomplished was terrible handwriting, and a lifelong loathing of the act of writing. Anyone else forced to write with their right hand?.

Roger.
Old August 15th, 2020, 06:53 AM

My wife is left handed. She had a cake to celebrate the day. My dad was ambidextrous. At a black board he would start with his left hand and mid-way switch to his right. Unfortunately I can't do that.