The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Interesting map.

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Old School Olds

Interesting map.

Thought I would share.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa
Old October 13th, 2018, 08:52 PM

This map took the place of the hand plotted weather maps back in the day before computer generated weather data. I have plotted many weather maps while in the Navy as a weather observer. Every 8 hours a new map had to be plotted and the analysis done of the upper air pressures, wind speed and direction, dew points, cloud cover, and some other data I don't remember. Brings back memories. Every weather station had it own unique designator. The one for NAS Willow Grove PA where I was stationed was NXX. Every hour the duty observer had to take a weather observation and send it over the teletype.
Old October 16th, 2018, 07:24 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442

its the zombie apocalypse!!!
Old October 16th, 2018, 07:24 AM

Oh Darn, I guess not...

Originally Posted by edzolz
This map took the place of the hand plotted weather maps back in the day before computer generated weather data. I have plotted many weather maps while in the Navy as a weather observer. Every 8 hours a new map had to be plotted and the analysis done of the upper air pressures, wind speed and direction, dew points, cloud cover, and some other data I don't remember. Brings back memories. Every weather station had it own unique designator. The one for NAS Willow Grove PA where I was stationed was NXX. Every hour the duty observer had to take a weather observation and send it over the teletype.
Old October 16th, 2018, 09:02 PM

Hey deaditedelta, I was stationed with a guy from Hicksville when I was at Pearl Harbor. He was a weather man too. Name was Kevin Drabb. Was also an artist. Painted some good stuff.