The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I'm back!

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:18 AM

Smile I'm back!

Hi, guys! Been about completely out of all forum contacts 'cause it was all I could do to keep current w/ the absolutely necessary stuff.
Short version: retired in Oct, went thru a "pain therapy" for my back, went well- without pain for 4 mo. Then, beginning Dec, I had no bowel movement, GP gave me stuff to get it going, worked for 2 days, then the same thing. In the hosp. for exhamination- cancer of the large intestine! Took out almost 1/2 of it (luckily the "top" part so I still have rectal function) & the lympf nodes (2 of them were also cancerous). Home just in time 4 Xmas, then 1st Jan week got a port for the chemotherapy put in. 5 days later, thrombosis just behind & below my rt clavicle where the tube went thru a branch just short of my heart. Been shooting heparin twice daily ever since. Then chemotherapy every 2 weeks since- my last was last Wed. Man, am I glad! Won't even start about all the side effects! Anyway, 7-28 Jul is recovery therapy & the prognosis looks good. Doc said "you're just here to make sure". At least that's something!
Probably won't be checking in regularly 'till after the therapy, just wanted to let you all know I'm still around!

Ralph
Old June 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Man if that what's retirement does to you, I'm gonna put it off and I am already 66. Hope everything works out for you health wise and welcome back.
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Hope you're doing better. The worst thing about retirement is that you never get a day off.