The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I hope nobody needs a new TV

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2020, 02:33 PM
Lansing built

I hope nobody needs a new TV

We had our 8 year old tv started having issues last night. So started searching and talking with several places. All said the same thing, homebound C-19 lockdown people are buying them for entertainment purposes. I am afraid I don't buy things with out troubles out of the old unit.1 exception, new vehicles! We get those every 4-5 years.

Even floor models were gone. Got lucky enough to get a new in box LG 55" nano UHD smart TV . Much nicer than our old tech last of the plasmas

Pat
Old May 24th, 2020, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I'm waiting for the O-LED tvs to come down in price. In the meantime my old LG55" LED is still working pretty well.
Old May 24th, 2020, 04:50 PM

Costco still has lots of 'em...........
Old May 25th, 2020, 04:12 AM

Neighbors up here left a old console TV out front with a "Free-Works Good" sign on it. Come on up and get it, Pat! But you'll need 3 men and a 3/4 ton pickup to take it home!! How you been? Was looking forward to seeing you and Brett at homecoming but that's out... Bummer.. You been out cruisin' in your Cutlass this year?
Old May 25th, 2020, 07:40 AM

Greg, an old console model? Were they watching the Jetson's? ( I liked Judy Jetson)
Old May 25th, 2020, 08:02 AM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by RandyS
Costco still has lots of 'em...........
Yes, but they have 65" plus at ours here in Lansing. In a 8x16 living room, that's over kill. Went from a 46" to a 55" I remember my first 19" color tv was good enough, my lap top is almost that size.

Pat
Old May 25th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Neighbors up here left a old console TV out front with a "Free-Works Good" sign on it. Come on up and get it, Pat! But you'll need 3 men and a 3/4 ton pickup to take it home!! How you been? Was looking forward to seeing you and Brett at homecoming but that's out... Bummer.. You been out cruisin' in your Cutlass this year?
Doing well! Greg the wife had the virus in mild form but her test was negative! We both had to be quarantined for 2 weeks. I have lot's of time saved for vacation and sick time. The wife's postal job paid her 2/3 of her normal checks. Yep bummer about the shows, and I am still holding out hope for the NAOC for late July. They have to go or cut bait in mid June.

We had to postpone Maui back in March, and rescheduled for the 8th of July. But the Governor of Hawaii is still has quarantine for 2 weeks for new arrivals till June 30th. I will have a heck of the time with the airline, knowing that we are at one year since booking in Aug 19. The US DOT chief has issued two warnings to the airlines to be flexible about refunds and vouchers.

What's up with you?
Old May 25th, 2020, 08:54 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by therobski
an old console model? Were they watching the Jetson's? ( I liked Judy Jetson)
We used to watch Good Times over at my Grandmoms on her's. I remember the top had a sliding door to hide the turn table for LP's and it had sliding doors in the front to cover the 19" tube TV when you weren't watching. If I remember right, the whole unit was about 6-7 feet long and weighed about as much as her Cutlass.