The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Humor de jour V

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:44 AM

Humor de jour V

Usually I don't bother to forward these "warm/fuzzy" stories of heartwarming human kindness, but for some reason this one seems to deserve it:

I couldn't resist sending this one~~tore me up! From a bagpiper friend of mine!

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a grave side service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the hills of eastern Kentucky .

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost; and being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late.... and saw the funeral guy was evidently gone, and the hearse was nowhere in sight.

There were only the diggers and crew left.... and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down. The vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played 'Amazing Grace', the workers began to weep. They wept; I wept; we all wept together... When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I was opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, " I never seen nothin' like that before.... and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.."
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Registered

So they buried the homeless guy in a septic tank??

It does make sense, you can kill two birds with one stone that way.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:08 AM

Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:00 AM

Your too much Jamsbo, A true heart warming story. Made me weep as well
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

From the mouths of babes

This morning at church, the minister started out his sermon with his arms stretched out and lifted toward heaven....'Dear Lord,' he began with a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust...'

He would have continued but at that moment the very obedient daughter in the family sitting next to us leaned over to her mom and asked (quite loudly) in her shrill little four year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?’
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
GM Enthusiast

funny ones.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh Jamesbo.... that was great!!!
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Broke back revisited

I know it's starting to get old, but dang, this promo poster just had to be posted. I snickered for at least 20 minutes.....
Attached Images
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Broke Black Golfer.... now that IS funny!!!!!!
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Have u ever seen a real tigershark?

Wait! there's more...dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum.......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Tigershark.jpg (65.4 KB, 81 views)
Old January 13th, 2010, 05:24 AM

There was an old country song that was made for woods 10+ years in advance... Mark Chesnutt "Its too cold at home"
"It's too hot to fish, too hot for golf, but it's too cold at home..."
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

I have that Mark Chestnut cassette! I really liked him. Great song.
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I hear it a lot on our classic country radio station "The Possum"
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Hmmmm, CASSETTE.....hmmmmm old school.......no MP3?.......hmmmmm....well, ya got me beat. I don't understand technology so I just git him to c'mon down and sing a few tunes everytime he's in town......feed him real good with Jamesbo special roadkill recipes....dem's good eatin...just no crawdads!!!!.
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I hear it a lot on our classic country radio station "The Possum"
My car radio is always tuned to our classic country except for when my son is with me, then he changes it to "The Bounce" (you can figure out pretty much what it plays by the name. I let him get away with it until they start playing rap crap then it's gone) Anyway country is pretty big with our family and the local station is "sexy"....have a look. I have one of these stickers on both our cars.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
CISN_logo.gif (6.4 KB, 111 views)
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

I have 3 country stations set in the Intrigue and 2 classic Rock stations. When Nicole gets in, she changes it to that crappy rap/pop/they all sound the same station! No MP3 player or Ipod for me... closest I ever got is my portable CD player that I barely use! LOL!!
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
My car radio is always tuned to our classic country except for when my son is with me, then he changes it to "The Bounce" (you can figure out pretty much what it plays by the name. I let him get away with it until they start playing rap crap then it's gone) Anyway country is pretty big with our family and the local station is "sexy"....have a look. I have one of these stickers on both our cars.
I can't listen to country. Maybe one or two songs, just like rap, one or two songs. In my cars the station is on the 96.3 dial, Capital FM 60's, 70's 80's.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
I can't listen to country. Maybe one or two songs, just like rap, one or two songs. In my cars the station is on the 96.3 dial, Capital FM 60's, 70's 80's.
Capital is a good stn. So is The Bear 97.3 I acquired a taste for country back in 1990 when the guy I worked with would play cisn on his radio all day. I think thats called "emersion". Anyway, I like pretty much anything except rap crap. There were some real killer bands back in the 60s=80s. You might not have noticed, but a lot of the contemporary country music now is pretty much on par with 60's and 70s rock. They're not just singing about pickups, mom and broken beer bottles anymore. And they've swung the pendulum from the twangy gittars too.

Cheers! How ya holding out after the holiday? I took today off to get my HD stuff and surround sound hooked up. Got a Shaw tech coming over later to find out why the Pace unit won't work downstairs. Got HDPVR and a 46 LCD with surround 5.1 wireless hooked up over the garage now. Can't beleive how clear the HD picture is. Ran HDMI from the tuner and DVD. Its amazing.