The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Honey, just trying to help the country through the corona caused financial crisis

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2020, 04:07 PM

Honey, just trying to help the country through the corona caused financial crisis

Since our trip was canceled, I should get the compressor and welder I have been wanting right?

I really want to help the economy.

Think the wife will buy it?

What are your plans to keep the economy going?

Old March 15th, 2020, 04:50 PM

Finish restoring my Jetfire and going to Kings Island as many times as I can this summer. My personal economy, I am going to get in the market as much as I can while it is low.
Old March 16th, 2020, 02:01 AM

What are my plans to keep the economy going? Staying alive.
Old March 16th, 2020, 03:12 AM

In the short term, I'll keep the gas companies going because I still have to drive to work every day.
In the long term, I'll keep the gas companies going because I still have to drive to work every day.
In addition to that, I'll keep the gas companies going so that I can go cruising on the weekends.

I'm sensing a theme
Old March 16th, 2020, 03:18 AM

Watching some of the Mecum Arizona auction this weekend, seemed like a lack of enthusiasm brom bidders.
Old March 16th, 2020, 06:32 AM

I finally refinished the inside of the trunk of my Olds and added chassis braces. Not seen, but I fashioned brackets to secure my toolbox to the trunk floor. Relined the seat back insulation. Only been meaning to do this since 2013...

Next up:

1) dedicated exercise every day. I’m off for at least 3 of the next 4 weeks!

2) over the last couple months, I rebuild the carb and starter for a 1967 Wisconsin that I swapped onto the Bolens in my sig. After 4 condensers it runs great, except for the oil spewing out of the front crank seal. I want to replace that today.

3) make some struts to hold the farrow discs straight when disking the garden. I’ll be turning it over in the coming weeks with the moldboard and the ‘65 Jake.

4) make a mount for my box grader to mount it on the Bolens. I’m going to expand the lawn and reclaim some of the garden and will need the grader.

5) put up yet another shed. I’ll need the tractor and grader to do this though. Which takes me back to #2...
Old March 16th, 2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by briane
Watching some of the Mecum Arizona auction this weekend, seemed like a lack of enthusiasm brom bidders.
Yes, we are coming into a really bad time to be selling no essential luxury items. If I were trying to sell a vintage car right now, I'd wait until later this year, or maybe even next year.
Old April 5th, 2020, 07:04 PM

So I ended up getting that welder. needed to get some glass out of the way and started to practice.
I figure I need a lot of welding practice lots of welding to de done on my 70 cutlass drop top

1st welding project glass rack