The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Hmm, Who's hotter ?

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2021, 01:38 PM

Supposedly, Joan Crawford:

Vintage Hotties:

Old January 21st, 2021, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by solly
I don't know I could have let this thread get this far with out mentioning this.
I have two older sisters the younger of the two was in high school when I was still in grammar school (8th grade) on occasion she would get a ride home from a gal that had a little red convertible, I don't remember the year or make but I do remember the gal, in 8th grade your about 13
and starting to notice things like that !! I remember asking my sis is that a friend of yours ? she told me no she's not really a friend I just have a few classes with her and since she goes this way she's nice enough to give me a lift sometimes.
A few years later my sis said hey little brother I have a present for you, she handed me a Playboy Magazine December 1969, I stood in shock,
surely my sister had lost her mind giving her 16 year old brother a Playboy , what's the world coming too? she said open it to the centerfold stupid !
Miss December 1969 Gloria Root. Remember her ? when I collected myself enough to speak she said yup that's the girl that used to give me a ride home some times ! I stuttered and said yeah I remember waiving good by as her little red convert pulled away !!
Well she's gone now died of cancer in 2006, she also had a little brush with the law after being caught smuggling 38 ponds of hash.
apparently somebody wanted to body search her !! anyway I obviously cant show you the centerfold, its available you can find it on line
but I can show you this.
Solly that is a great story. I had to research that one. I had a teenage girlfriend. Gloria Root was her Mom's name. Not the same girl. Your Gloria Root was a head strong girl. Hard to find PG pictures of her. She was the first Playmate to show pubes. She definitely was late sixties wild...

Playboy Playmate Sentenced

ATHENS (UPI) - Playboy magazine’s December playmate, a 21-year-old Chicago ! beauty, has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for drug smuggling, police said today. A spokesman said redhaired Gloria Root, described by the magazine as “one of the new breed of urban nomads who ..live and love across both borders, trip east and west from coast to coast,” probably! I would appeal the sentence. She and a companion, Corbin Parker, 20, described as a University of Wisconsin student, were arrested earlier this year in Alexandropolis when police said they found 40 pounds of hashish in their car. He received a five-year sentence. Police said they were arrested when they crossed into Greece from Turkey. Miss Root and Parker were jailed pending the trial, the spokesman said, she is now in Averoff ; [Prison in Athens. He said ; [Parker was also in prison but it did not say where. I According to the Playmate story accompanying the three page foldout nude photograph of Miss Root, she is outspoken and favors a militant approach in dealing with the establishment. “The way the hip scene is, if
you look the part you’re in,” she is quoted as saying. “It’s easy for me to make friends.” The story quotes her at another point as saying: , “Individuals who have used hallucinogens or pot can experience life in more subtle ways and accept each other i I more readily than people who didn't"

Last edited by no1oldsfan; January 21st, 2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old January 21st, 2021, 08:18 PM

Yup that's her, I believe she got her stuff together and wound up in San Francisco owning or working for some kind of consulting firm she was from Flossmoor Il. we were from Chicago Heights, Flossmoor was much more affluent than Da Heights but our school districts were combined.
I believe the red convert was a little red Buick Special but I was more focused on her !! that centerfold hung on the inside of my closet,
my dad said he didn't care if it were up on the wall but mom wasn't having it !! RIP Gloria, I wonder if the Shadows of Knight were singing about her ?
Old January 21st, 2021, 10:39 PM
Banned

She was driven and no dumb *** at all...

38 pounds of hash is no joke. Hash in 1970 was ..... Love her attitude.
Old January 21st, 2021, 11:03 PM

She was lucky not to have been caught with the stuff in Turkey. There, they would have locked her up and have thrown away the key
Old January 22nd, 2021, 05:44 AM

In the early 80s Playboy magazine did an article called the Girls Of Kokomo (my hometown) I have the issue. Some of the feature girls are still living around her, some really wish the article would disappear forever (I think one is or was married to a member of a school board).

While the women are no doubt attractive, I can’t help but wonder why the playboy editors choose a “happening” place like Kokomo.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by matt69olds
In the early 80s Playboy magazine did an article called the Girls Of Kokomo (my hometown) I have the issue. Some of the feature girls are still living around her, some really wish the article would disappear forever (I think one is or was married to a member of a school board).

While the women are no doubt attractive, I can’t help but wonder why the playboy editors choose a “happening” place like Kokomo.
yep
Kokomo a happening place !!! The farm I used to spend my summers on was just outside of Tipton In. Most of the beauties there were Jonn Deere’s or Black Angus !! But I’m sure those farmers daughters were there and just avoiding me !! Pretty cool that those gals stuck around their home town, nothing wrong with that !!
Old January 22nd, 2021, 08:36 AM

A lot of the people I went to high school with couldn’t wait to move away. I personally don’t mind this area. Small town living, with the big town advantages close by.

I don’t like the big cities. No way could I deal with the traffic every day.

Sorry, I have gotten way off the subject of this thread. I don’t recall seeing this hottie mentioned

Old January 22nd, 2021, 09:43 AM
Gary

I don’t recall seeing this hottie mentioned,
Is that one of the Girls of Kokomo?
Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by VC455
Is that one of the Girls of Kokomo?

If it was, I’d know exactly where she lives!!!

Kari Byron from Mythbusters. I loved that show. I was really disappointed when the cancelled it. I guess they needed the time slot for another pointless reality show.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:37 AM

Jessi Colter

Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:48 AM

...Kari Byron from Mythbusters...
They probably just ran out of ideas, being that they covered most everything there is to cover. Yeah, Kari Byron used to charge my batteries big time. She's hooked up with some German Nerd, or at least she was, when I last checked. She eventually got knocked up, somehow. So, I guess, that settles that

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; January 22nd, 2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 12:17 PM
Banned

How about a little Daisy Duke. Catherine Bach.

Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:01 PM
Banned

Talk about still got it. Christie Brinkley

63 years young

Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:34 PM
Banned

Try this
Old January 23rd, 2021, 11:43 AM

Mother-Daughter combos anyone? I'm sure these beauties got a few young men through puberty and probably reminded their dads of it too.

Brady's...

Or Partridges...

Old January 23rd, 2021, 11:08 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I don't think these have been listed.

Betty Grable who was a famous pinup in WWII and painted on many airplanes.

Gypsy Rose Lee who was a famous stripper

Angie Dickenson

My apologies if any of these have been posted previously.
Old January 24th, 2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
...Angie Dickenson...
It's spelled Dickinson, which would have been embarassing for her dad, if she have had at least one brother

Old January 24th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Banned

One thing I like about Angie Dickinson is how many different looks she has.

Old January 24th, 2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
One thing I like about Angie Dickinson is how many different looks she has...
Those were your words, Sir

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; January 24th, 2021 at 01:29 PM.
Old January 24th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Banned

Allison Parks

Old January 24th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Killian_Mörder
Those were your words, Sir
Yeah see I am not on this thread to dog women.
Old January 24th, 2021, 01:33 PM

Allison Parks...
This pink Sunbeam Tiger featured Playmate Jo Collins, back in '65

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; January 24th, 2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old January 24th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Banned

Anita Ekberg

Old January 24th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It's spelled Dickinson, which would have been embarassing for her dad, if she have had at least one brother

Well good for you. Maybe you can win a spelling bee,
Old January 24th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Banned

Funny she was part of the first post. No pictures yet. Suzanne Somers. Reminds me so much of my first wife. My ex was prettier and had a little more up top ha ha.

Oops. Arrested for writing bad checks.

1976 Honda ad

Famous American Graffiti role

Old January 24th, 2021, 07:33 PM

Elke sommer

When I worked back in Chicago I worked for Montgomery Ward 95th and Western Ave our auto center was right next to the Drury Lane/Martinique dinner theater, a lot of celebrities' used to perform there (usually past their prime on the dinner theater circuit) the owner of the theater Tony DeSantis had a pretty good fleet of cars we used to maintain usually tires batteries and simple things The people appearing at the theater could be chauffeured or use the cars Tony would make available for them. One slow day I was standing at the service desk and one of the service writers said hey one of Tony's cars is dead in the water and needs a jump who wants to go ? well that always met with a lot of volunteers because it usually meant a pair of dinner theater tickets for whoever responded !! I won that day, so I take the battery cart over to their parking lot and when I get there here is this beautiful blonde in a all white tennis outfit complete with very short pleated skirt leaning against the driver fender waiting for me, now I thought I recognized her but wasn't sure so I looked in the front of the parking lot at the marquee and it said now appearing in ------ Elke Sommer so yup it was her, She very politely said to me in a German accent I went to start it and it was dead and I'm late for my tennis date I hooked up the jumper and noticed immediately that the head lights were on I told her I think the battery went dead just because someone left the headlights on we will jump it and when you drive it for a bit I think you will be fine !
she said thank you so much your a dear !! now again she was a little past her prime but still attractive !!
When I got back to the shop the other guys asked me where have you been I said I JUST JUMPED ELKE SOMMER !! can you say that ?
they said dont tell you wife she may take it the wrong way !! now

I did get a pair of dinner theater tickets but not for her performance I got them for a play the next month with Bill Daley (Roger from I dream of Jeanie ) and Eve Arden, oh well Here's Elke
i

Old January 24th, 2021, 08:34 PM
Banned

Great story. I had a nasty car accident when I was 17. I came out of 3+ months in the hospital. I was on crutches still. My sister worked at a high dollar hotel. She got me a job answering phones. Yes humans used to actually answer the phone. Once I could walk again I became a bellman. Lordy what a cool A job. So many big names stayed there. One of my favorite stories is Chaka Kahn. I was bullshifting with her one night in front of the hotel. I was all of eighteen. She was laughing at something that I had said. She said Patrick you are the cutest little white boy and kissed me. Chaka forever. Man that was the coolest job. I met so many people. Knew everyone from the Moody Blues. The lead singer hooked me up with joints tossed on the stage. I was like Wow really?!! They stayed there three years in a row. Terry Bradshaw was super cool. Hung out like a normal Joe. Every time I hear Feel For You I remember Chaka and her purple hair. Oh great times.
Old January 24th, 2021, 09:54 PM

Three years of stage-tossed joints aren't bad tips. On the other hand, little did you know that they set you up a a guinae pig, the same way despotic dictators assigned someone to taste food served to them, in case it had been poisoned. Feel lucky that the Moody Blues didn't take you Trick or Treating, as a candy tester
Originally Posted by redoldsman

Well good for you. Maybe you can win a spelling bee,
With my lastname it wouldn't matter, because nobody could make fun of me for having a son

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; January 24th, 2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old January 24th, 2021, 10:42 PM

Back to T.V. moms here is one that I always thought was gorgeous Danny Thomas's TV wife and step mom to his TV children, Marjorie Lord. she had a pretty good movie career also.
Old January 25th, 2021, 12:11 PM

Elvira
Sorry I don't have a picture
Old January 25th, 2021, 01:34 PM

Elvira
Old January 25th, 2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie

Elvira
Casandra Peterson (minus Elvira ) still a cutie, and hey give he credit she made that 1 character work, she is worth a estimated 3 million !!!

Last edited by solly; January 25th, 2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old January 25th, 2021, 03:42 PM

And if you are interested in seeing 'MORE' of Elvira, simply google her given name and then be creative on how much more you would like to see...... it's all there...........
Old January 26th, 2021, 06:44 PM
Banned

Cassandra Peterson aka Elvira

Old January 26th, 2021, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by RandyS
And if you are interested in seeing 'MORE' of Elvira, simply google her given name and then be creative on how much more you would like to see...... it's all there...........
Yep checked it out!!!!!. lol
Old January 26th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kyle's77cutlass
Yep checked it out!!!!!. lol
Strawberry fields forever...
Old January 26th, 2021, 09:42 PM

Strawberry fields forever...

Oh yes!!!!!!!
Old January 27th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Banned

Demi Moore definitely had her days...

Old January 27th, 2021, 02:56 PM

Ok, Who's the hottest News talking head ? just about any of those Fox News Gals ok with me, Shannon Bream pretty easy on the eyes.

Quick Reply: Hmm, Who's hotter ?