The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Happy Canada Day fellow Canadians!

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2010, 11:03 AM

Happy Canada Day fellow Canadians!

Car shows galore around here and will probably go with the boys to watch the fireworks tonight. Otherwise it's a beautiful sunny "cut the grass" kinda day. Have a good one. thumbsup.gif
flag_canada.gif
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM

Canada Day and Cruise Night is still on!!!!

If last week was any indication we've already outgrown the new spot!
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM

Happy Canada Day fellow Canadians. Also happy Independence Day for our American friends on Sunday. Now everyone wave their flags!

Mike
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM

You guys know how to do it right ! Car shows and fireworks, excellent !

Hey Ken (442much), I just noticed the girl in your ONLC ad. Who is she ?
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:01 PM

Happy Canada Day EH!
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by toro455
You guys know how to do it right ! Car shows and fireworks, excellent !

Hey Ken (442much), I just noticed the girl in your ONLC ad. Who is she ?
I don't know . Jon was doing signatures for us and I saw this girl whose bikini matched the paint on the car (pretty close). Anyway a car always looks better with a cute girl near it.

1977442wgirl.jpg
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:27 PM

Wow ! You ain't kiddin ! Matches the hood scoops too ! Happy Canada Day and Happy Independence Day to all ( especially the girl in the ad ) !
Old July 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM

funny, i celebrate canada day drinking budweiser while my wife works at wal mart
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:32 AM

Alice finally came home from her 3 month+ China trip yesterday, so that was my celebration of Canada Day!
Hope you Canadians had fun as well!

We will go to the lake on the 3rd and 4th and go boating, watch fireworks, watch an airshow, and pig out... If the rain stays away, Lady will join us!

Originally Posted by stan 65 cutlass
funny, i celebrate canada day drinking budweiser while my wife works at wal mart
I'll say you've got it made!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

......Anyway a car always looks better with a cute girl near it.

It does, doesn't it? Lol!!! Especially one holding a trophy!

NewtonFalls6-10034.jpg
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:49 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Canady Day

Originally Posted by 442much
Car shows galore around here and will probably go with the boys to watch the fireworks tonight. Otherwise it's a beautiful sunny "cut the grass" kinda day. Have a good one.
Happy Canada Day!

We spent Canada Day last year on Pelee Island, ON in Lake Erie. Wife's cousins and nieces and nephews are all Canuck's and we had a great time. Helped build a float for the parade that ended at the Winery for a great cookout party and lots of wine and Labatt's Blue!

We always went to Canada with a driver's license. Now we have to take our passports!

Have a Great 3rd!

--Don
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Happy Canada Day!

We spent Canada Day last year on Pelee Island, ON in Lake Erie. Wife's cousins and nieces and nephews are all Canuck's and we had a great time. Helped build a float for the parade that ended at the Winery for a great cookout party and lots of wine and Labatt's Blue!

We always went to Canada with a driver's license. Now we have to take our passports!

Have a Great 3rd!

--Don
Yeah,

I remember crossing the border without stopping once. Drove into New York state from Quebec on a back road. All of a sudden a State Tropper pulled me over. He walked up to the car and said. "Where you goin'?" "Plattsburgh", I said "Can I ask you something." He nodded. ""What is a New York state trooper doing in Quebec?" "What makes you think you're still in Canada?" "Because I haven't stopped at the border yet." He smiled and said "You crossed the border about 3 miles back." Then I remembered what looked like a gas station that you had to pull off the road to get to.

He asked me the standard questions and then said "If you're going to take this road again, be sure you stop at the border next time." Will do, officer and thanks." Have a nice day" he said.

But I suppose that's how all US border officers treat people who don't stop at border crossings and just drive on through...... ..which reminds me, I have to renew my passport if I want to go south this year for any car shows.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Wink More Border Patrol!

Originally Posted by 442much
But I suppose that's how all US border officers treat people who don't stop at border crossings and just drive on through...... ..which reminds me, I have to renew my passport if I want to go south this year for any car shows.
Many years ago the wife and I were going to Canada by way of the Peace Bridge at Buffalo. We got to the check stop and the Canadian immigration guy said, "Where were you born?" I said, "Miami". He said "How long will you be visiting Canada?" I said, "About 3 days!" He said, "Who was the first US president?" I said, Geo. Washington - - Who was the second?" He said "OK-- Let's keep this line moving!"

On the way home, the US immigration guy asked, "Are you bringing anything back from Canada?" I said, "Yea, My lunch..." He said, "Move on, smart-***!"

Have a GREAT Canada Day!

--Don
Old July 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Many years ago the wife and I were going to Canada by way of the Peace Bridge at Buffalo. We got to the check stop and the Canadian immigration guy said, "Where were you born?" I said, "Miami". He said "How long will you be visiting Canada?" I said, "About 3 days!" He said, "Who was the first US president?" I said, Geo. Washington - - Who was the second?" He said "OK-- Let's keep this line moving!"

On the way home, the US immigration guy asked, "Are you bringing anything back from Canada?" I said, "Yea, My lunch..." He said, "Move on, smart-***!"

Have a GREAT Canada Day!

--Don
Thanks - have a great 4th of July (from your friends north of the border)
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Ok, I know I am a little late, but: HAPPY CANADA DAY.

There were 4 different car shows within a 2 hour drive from here. I convoyed to a show on the St. Lawrence River, at a set of locks.

It was a great way to spend Canada Day. At a car show, watching some cargo ships go through the locks.

One guy in the groups has a set of train horns in his S-10. Twice when a big Great Lakes ship went through, he hit his train horns, and both times, the ship replied. I am sure the crew on the ships must have been wondering were the sound was coming from on land.

Finished the day watching 6 different fireworks shows, more or less at the same time, live.

And Happy Independence Day to all Americans.