The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Got The 442 Out Of Storage Today

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2011 | 06:24 PM

Got The 442 Out Of Storage Today

It was a nice sunny day here so I went and got my 442 out of storage. It was stored in an old trolley garage that goes back to the late 1800's. There are several other classic cars stored there. I can't tell what any of them are because they are all under car covers. Anyway, the car ran great. There is just something about that big engine and shifting those gears... The guy driving behind me, who was my ride back to my daily driver, said the car was "turning heads the whole way to the house." That kind of lifted my spirits even though it is cheap ego food. I attribute it more to like seeing a robin or blooming flower and you realize Spring is here, or pretty near. In this neck of the woods seeing a classic car, on the road, this time of year and you realize that Summer is almost here. During the actual summer months we have quite a few classic cars running around so you do not stand out as much if you are driving one. We had a bitter cold winter here in New York and a washout April so it feels quite good to be at this point finally. I just hope the gas prices get under control again so I can get the car out and about this summer like I want to.
Old May 6th, 2011 | 07:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Isn't it great!! I feel your pleasure at driving it again!! I was getting the looks and thumbs up on my way to and from the cruise in last evening. It just makes ya feel good doesn't it? We had a decent day yesterday with no rain finally! I pumped in 9 gal. of gas and it cost $39.75! Ouch!!
Old May 6th, 2011 | 10:58 AM

Yep. We are finally getting our spring. It is so nice to get the cars out and drive them. The gas does need to come down. In Windsor Ontario it is $1.45 a litre for super so call it $6.60 a gallon. Thankfully I work in Detroit, and I can put gas in it over there. Still $4.50 a gallon but better than over $6.00.
Old May 6th, 2011 | 12:11 PM
1968 442 restoration

Glad I live in San Diego where you can drive any car with the windows down all year 'round. Thought I would gloat for a minute. Sorry everybody with crappy weather.

Chris