The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Go Cubs Go

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2016, 05:20 AM

Go Cubs Go

It doesn't matter if your a fan of the Cubs but they played on e hell of a series! For me Chicago is and my Home town and i've been a Cubs fan all my life, have been inside Wrigley field to see them for as long as I remember. This was long over due and it's nice to see this kind of excitement from the fans. Go Cubs go!
Old November 3rd, 2016, 05:59 AM
72 Olds CS

We watched until the top of the ninth last night, had to go to bed...woulda liked to see the rest of the game, but after hearing there was a rain delay as we'll kinda glad we went to bed.

The whole game could gone either way at any point, both teams were in it all the way.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 07:19 AM

It was a hell of a game, that's for sure. I'm in Chicago at the moment, and the entire city went wild. Fireworks, people honking their horns, churches ringing their bells.. I wonder how many people called in sick to work today
Old November 3rd, 2016, 08:22 AM

Old November 3rd, 2016, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by pherbicide
It was a hell of a game, that's for sure. I'm in Chicago at the moment, and the entire city went wild. Fireworks, people honking their horns, churches ringing their bells.. I wonder how many people called in sick to work today
I heard fireworks going off by me every time the Cubs got on base. They were window shaking mortars.
Old November 6th, 2016, 06:32 AM

It's kind bittersweet for me. My dad grew up in Evanston and was a life long cubs fan. My grandfather was a mortician and spent little time with his family. My dad used to talk about taking buses and the L to go to games by himself starting when he was 8 or 9 years old. My dad moved East after college. Some of my best memories were going back to Chicago with my family and attending games at Wrigley when I was a kid. I'm sure there are many like me....RIP dad.