The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The Ginger Git is Gone!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2016 | 07:52 AM

The Ginger Git is Gone!!!

Chris Evans has announced he is stepping down from presenting Top Gear after one series.
He
: "Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough.
"I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause.
His resignation comes after falling ratings for the show - which hit a series low on Sunday night, with an average of 1.9 million viewers.
Evans joined the series after the departure of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
He said he would continue with his other BBC commitments, including presenting the BBC Radio 2 breakfast show.
"Full steam ahead then with Radio 2, CarFest, Children In Need, 500 Words and whatever else we can dream up in the future," he said.

In a statement released via the BBC, he added: "I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last 12 months.
"I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be."
It is not yet clear whether the other presenters will return for the next series.
Mark Linsey, director of BBC Studios, said: "Chris is stepping down from his duties on Top Gear. He says he gave it his best shot doing everything he could to make the show a success.
"He firmly believes that the right people remain, on both the production team and presenting team, to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36707266
Old July 6th, 2016 | 10:39 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

I agree, he wasn't the man for job, and all credit to him for manning up to his shortcomings.
BUT, he did show there is life after Clarkson. He deserves to fade into obscurity on some Subscription channel most people won't bother with.

Roger.