The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Frozen, snowed in sence the 23 of feb

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:26 PM

Sucks. Maybe there is a better insurance company to be found in the near future.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:31 PM

Tedd - That really sucks! I swear frickin insurance companies are the biggest racket there is!
Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:55 PM

Unfortunately, there are a lot of exceptions to home owners coverage, and one must read all the gobblely guck in your policy to find out whats not covered. I remember some years back when the gulf was hit by one of the larger hurricanes, that homeowners found that the insurance companies would cover when their roofs were torn off, but not the interior water damage that happened due to the roof being torn off.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:22 PM

Insurance people are on my top ten list of shitty professions to deal with.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:39 PM

For an HO policy, exclusionary language from a covered peril might read:

“This does not include loss to awnings, canopies, fences, pavements, patios, swimming pools, foundations, retaining walls, bulkheads, piers, wharves or docks when such loss is caused by freezing, thawing or by the pressure of the weight of ice or water, whether driven by wind or not.”

Your policy must also include “decks” in its exclusion. If it does not, the policy may be construed in your favor under the typical rules for construction of a policy. This would vary by State.

Otherwise, I suspect that AAA would sell you a policy with broader coverage—but for an enhanced premium.
Old March 24th, 2023, 06:55 PM

Cars and coffee tomorrow if it doesn't rain or snow. I'm taking the Miata with its new FOR SALE sign. The Miata club I belong to should be there, hopefully someone with money will get interested.

I still haven't received my rebuilt booster for the Olds, it's been about 3 months now, I should give them a call tomorrow and see what the hold up is, someday it will be spring and I want to campaign the 55 this year. It's always fun at a show, few have seen one like it years...Tedd
Old March 28th, 2023, 07:22 PM

There is no end to it, snowed a foot today. The cherry on top is the Durango's windshield wipers quit while I was knocking down the driveway in a blizzard. Probably just a fuse, but it sent me off for a while..... Tedd
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:51 AM

I think I'm going to end this thread, much too much like a soap opera. Looks like it's really going to snow again, the money pit is bagged and soaking in its spot in the driveway covered in snow. The Miata quit on me on the way home and had to be towed to a shop. I think it is something simple but I didn't have tool one to check anything out. I had cleaned it up for sale and took everything out of the trunk including the jump box which I believe would have gotten me home, but my luck doesn't run that way lately. I'll be back in the spring with a better outlook on the world... See ya...Tedd
Old March 29th, 2023, 08:00 AM

Tedd, keep your chin up and a twinkle in your eye.