The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

FoxBody mustang forums?

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2023, 04:47 PM
Chris

FoxBody mustang forums?

Hi all! So with my 72 Cutlass nearing the end of its project life, my son and I are moving onto his project which is a 91 FoxBody convertible. Definitely needs lots of work. We have two cars they were attempting to make one out of. Question is regarding Mustang forums. Are there any Fox body forums that you would recommend? There appears to be so many that I’m not quite sure where to start lol. Looking for a site very similar to this one where there are lots of sound technical information, as well as trustworthy classified posts. Thank you so much.
Old February 6th, 2023, 06:53 PM
Banned

Pretty sure there are 1.1 million of them. Should be an easy search.
Old February 6th, 2023, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Old February 7th, 2023, 11:13 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Pretty sure there are 1.1 million of them. Should be an easy search.
Maybe 5.0 million.
Old February 7th, 2023, 03:43 PM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by BangScreech4-4-2
Maybe 5.0 million.
😄

I was snooping around a Corvette forum a few days ago while searching for Corvair turbo muffler info, and let me tell you. Some Corvette people are appallingly ignorant of Corvette stuff, let alone anything outside the Vette world. I think you're gonna find the Fox Mustang world will be similar. Hopefully you'll find one like CO where the BS and outright misinformation are minimal.
Old February 8th, 2023, 10:23 AM

The Corral.net is an ok forum. Used to be pretty good years ago but is changing like society is as a whole. Probably the most popular site with the most traffic.

I've been on there since around 2005. What you will find is that the fox crowd tends to not be as helpful as folks are on pages like this. There are a lot of posers over there that read things and then answer others with the same bad info. I try to help the younglings when I can and sometimes get blasted for encouraging tried and true combinations. There are a million combos you can put together on a fox and most on there make recommendations without ever experiencing that combo is what I'm saying. For example, the Holley Terminator X ECU system is highly touted by the fan boys over there. What you find out if you use this system is that its great for race type users or users that don't understand what a good running car is. I can explain in detail what is wrong with that kit but if I do, oh boy, here they come. The percentage of the abusers actually using the Holley? Probably 20.

Have them go on there and do searches. They can email me and I will help if I can and tell them if I don't know. I've had 8 fox bodies in various combinations. jweaver @leeinc.com
Old February 18th, 2023, 07:41 PM
Banned

I have tried to hold back. Puke body putzstang's are a dime dozen. So so many forums. There is not one single putzstang ever that I would care a minute about. Hope you find the right ten thousand forums. I bet just typing (old man) in f*body will get you plenty I am sure.
Old February 19th, 2023, 05:37 AM
Chris

I appreciate the great information from all (most lol) of you here. I have found what many of you are saying- that many of the mustang forums do not approach the integrity and factual knowledge base that most of the members of this forum do. I’ve been on this classic Oldsmobile forum for years and I have been spoiled by the helpful people here! I don’t seem to find that much on these other mustang forums. I’ve had three solid mentors on this site, that I’ve mentioned before, that have walked me through every difficult step of my cutlass restoration this far and it’s a big order to try to find another forum like this. Thank you again!
Old February 19th, 2023, 05:39 AM
Chris

Heatmup, I’ll take you up on your offer to contact you with any questions we have. We’re just trying to do a mostly stock resto. Nothing crazy. We find value in “mostly original”. Thank you so much.
Old February 19th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Banned

Back to original I can appreciate 👍

What colors is his car?
Old February 19th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Roy Ale

our other car is a Fox body , wife is original owner , so we are on a Fox body forum , the forum is called four eyed pride , its not a name i would have ever found ! sounds like something that would lock up my computor if i clicked on the link ! i saw the forum mentioned on an engine forum . Its a good forum , the down side to that forum is you have to post something at least every 3 months or your login expires (you get kicked out). But can always rejoin . What engine do you have in your fox body ? http://www.foureyedpride.com/