The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Eastwood & Wounded Warrior Project

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Eastwood & Wounded Warrior Project

I received and order from Eastwood today of 4 spray cans of underhood black. Inside the box was envelope with info on Operation Enduring Care to help our Wounded Warriors. To me this says so much about this company. I have bought stuff from them but now I will buy everything I can from them. I won't get political but I sure as hell will be proud. This company has my business forever. I just wanted to share this with you guys. I know there are lots of veterans on here. By the way, there was no $3.00 handling charge and the shipping was very reasonable.
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Oldsdruid

Wounded Warrior Project is one of the better charities anyone could support.

I got into it several years back through my cousin's bed & breakfast. She hosted 7 Wounded Warriors for a hunt hosted by one of the big county landowners. I really enjoyed time spent with those guys.

Two of them about broke my heart and that takes some doing. One was a 22-year-old with no family, had come up thru group homes and joined the Marines straight out of high school trying to improve his lot in life, and at age 20 hit an IED in Iraq and lost a leg. The other was a 40-ish guy who was paralyzed from waist down from taking fire to his back and had his 15 year old son with him.

It was November and Sue had all the Christmas stuff out, and the kid told me that was probably the closest they'd have to Christmas that year since his folks had divorced and his dad's disability income wasn't that much. If that won't get you, you are truly heartless.

Since then, I try to give WWP some money every year.