The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Don't know what to say anymore!

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2011, 05:59 PM
" Hoo yah "

Don't know what to say anymore!

Well about a three days ago, some vagrants broke into my mothers garage, and stole a bunch of parts I was storing there. I lost a pair of Kooks Headers, 3202 Hooker Headers, various Olds Heads(including F heads) some Edelbrock heads, and they raided my deceased uncle's 1970 W30 that he had purchased before he left for Vietnam. Unfortunately he never returned to drive it, so my mother had keep it all these years. They removed the bumpers. and cut the exhaust, and and dented the driver side fender.

Well some of my guys came by and located a bunch of fingerprints on the W30. It was covered up and they left it uncovered, and my brother and I were the only ones that ever touch the W30, so any other prints should have not been there. Yesterday I got a call, and was advised they located and detained a suspect. Well he spilled the beans on who was with him. He would not say where or who has the parts, but the main kicker is the accomplice is my deceased uncle's brother! My guy leans over to me and says " do you need three minutes to do what you what need to do ". I wanted to, but all I could do was walk away with a heavy heart! I just don't know anymore!
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM

That is terrible, but at least they know who did it and hopefully some or all parts will come back.... It seemed to me when reading it was someone who knew what was there and what to take not just a random breakin. I had some cars stored in my father-in-law's garage and a guy on drugs had a vendetta against my father-in-law so first they vandalized one of my cars and I got it out. Before I could go back to retreive my wife's 83 Riviera conv they burnt the place down.... I sure hope there is justice in the next life cause at times there seems to be none here.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I'm sorry. That just stinks.

Originally Posted by 815Cutlass1972
My guy leans over to me and says " do you need three minutes to do what you what need to do ". I wanted to, but all I could do was walk away with a heavy heart! I just don't know anymore!
At least he did the right thing and offered you the chance.

I hope the prosecutor works him over in his own way, though.

- Eric
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
"Car"mudgeon

First of all I would like to say thank you for your service to us as a nation and for best country in the world, without guys like yourself we would be in trouble. Second I commend you for not seeking revenge, shows the better man. I myself probably would have loved such an opportunity to hurt them as they have hurt me. Third these things CAN be replaced with effort even though the parts wouldn't be the same but the rewards of you restoring everything as it was will give you WAY more appreciation and drive to accomplish these things as compared to them just falling in your lap unmolested.

With that being said at least I would procecute them to the fullest extent of the law and come up with a dollar figure to wit they should be liable for and from the sound of it should be above the felony charge criteria and be forced to pay damages and restitution. The rest my friend would be better explained by securing a lawyer and further suing for what the law does not cover. Good Luck and give us a shout if you need any info or advice.
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
First of all I would like to say thank you for your service to us as a nation and for best country in the world, without guys like yourself we would be in trouble. Second I commend you for not seeking revenge, shows the better man. I myself probably would have loved such an opportunity to hurt them as they have hurt me. Third these things CAN be replaced with effort even though the parts wouldn't be the same but the rewards of you restoring everything as it was will give you WAY more appreciation and drive to accomplish these things as compared to them just falling in your lap unmolested.

With that being said at least I would procecute them to the fullest extent of the law and come up with a dollar figure to wit they should be liable for and from the sound of it should be above the felony charge criteria and be forced to pay damages and restitution. The rest my friend would be better explained by securing a lawyer and further suing for what the law does not cover. Good Luck and give us a shout if you need any info or advice.
X2 - With all sincerety!!!!!
Old August 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM

Thanks also! When you say the accomplice was your dead uncles brother, do you mean YOUR father, or another uncle of yours. Either way, sorry this happened, especially "in family".