The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Close Call

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2014, 05:20 AM

Close Call

I went out for a ride with my girlfriend in the Cutlass yesterday and on our return home down Route 4 we narrowly missed a head on! We had just got up to speed from a set of lights and were the lead of 5 other cars behind me. Just ahead, coming at us in the passing lane, and elderly woman oblivious of the fact she was in the wrong lane bore down on us. I had to swerve to the breakdown lane to avoid the hit and watched helplessly as she went through the cars behind me. The girl in the Corolla behind me swerved lost control and rolled. The other cars were all over the place but remained in control. Luckily no one was hurt, and I am not sure if the old lady ever realized her mistake. In all, the Olds handled quite well and got some nice compliments from the emergency responders while I was giving a statement.
Hoping for a quieter day today!
Old June 8th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Wow, glad everyone was ok. Had a similar situation with a Toyota truck loaded with teenagers years ago. Took a while to pry the seat cushions out of our behinds.
Old June 9th, 2014, 08:58 AM

It bothers me that no one cracks down on dangerous old people driving, but everyone under 25 is a menace to society behind the wheel. Of course, if someone is old and mentally toast, what can you do to them that hasn't already been done?