The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Christmas Dinner Feast! What's Yours?

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2016, 07:28 PM

Christmas Dinner Feast! What's Yours?

Thought some of us would like to share their Christmas menu. For me I do a prime rib, 10lbs or so with mashed potato, gravy, carrots cooked in a beef broth with onions, corn, a green vegetable, salad and rolls with home baked apple pie, cherry apple pie, and peach blueberry apple cherry pie. Usually have about 12 or so guests. When I was a kid Ham was the meat for dinner but I dont like Ham!
Old December 20th, 2016, 07:54 PM

Tamales and queso for us. We have a bigger Thanksgiving meal around here.
Merry Christmas.
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:49 PM
same but different

Ham and turkey and all the usual sides. Most everyone brings a dish to add to the dinner. We often add up to about 16 people old and young.
When the weather is good there is usually ribs or brats too. Were in full winter mode now, so I doubt that. Happy Holidays.
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:02 PM

Prime Rib, Baked Potato, Green Salad, Shrimp Cocktail, Wine, lots of Wine.....
Old December 21st, 2016, 03:12 AM

Wifey gets a ham where she works. Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetable, and home baked cookies. Just the wifey and me so we just have the basics. New Year's meal will be the traditional pork and sauerkraut. Merry Christmas everyone!
Old December 21st, 2016, 03:18 AM
Lansing built

All of the kids will be visiting with their father this year! So we are taking the cowards way out and going with the Christmas story style of dinner and going with the Chinese buffet.

Pat
Old December 21st, 2016, 11:23 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Thought some of us would like to share their Christmas menu. For me I do a prime rib, 10lbs or so with mashed potato, gravy, carrots cooked in a beef broth with onions, corn, a green vegetable, salad and rolls with home baked apple pie, cherry apple pie, and peach blueberry apple cherry pie. Usually have about 12 or so guests. When I was a kid Ham was the meat for dinner but I dont like Ham!
So what do your guests have?, ham?.

Turkey, duck, and beef for us, potatoes roasted in goose fat, brussels sprouts, peas asparagus, carrots, parsnips (rudebager to you guys), yorkshire pudding & chestnut stuffing, should see us through to supper time.

Roger.
Old December 21st, 2016, 05:11 PM

We have the works. For all 42 years of my life we go to my grandparents house and she cooks for the entire family. They had 5 kids and then all there spouses and there children and now even there children (great grandchildren). There will be a total of between 30 to 40 people through there house and she cooks so much everyone is filled and have enough leftovers for the following week to come for pot pie. They are 85 and 86 now and still doing very well. The food is great but the family is priceless. I cherish the few years we have left doing this.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:00 AM

supper

Turkey & all the fixings of course & it would not be Christmas without home made perogies & cabbage rolls (a nod to my & my wife's Ukranian heritage).
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:15 AM

This is what we're having. YUM, YUM!

Old December 23rd, 2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
We have the works. For all 42 years of my life we go to my grandparents house and she cooks for the entire family. They had 5 kids and then all there spouses and there children and now even there children (great grandchildren). There will be a total of between 30 to 40 people through there house and she cooks so much everyone is filled and have enough leftovers for the following week to come for pot pie. They are 85 and 86 now and still doing very well. The food is great but the family is priceless. I cherish the few years we have left doing this.
Thats awesome, it always amazed me how my mom could cook for a large crowd and when we sat down everything was piping hot ready to eat, amazing that was!
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1970cs
All of the kids will be visiting with their father this year! So we are taking the cowards way out and going with the Christmas story style of dinner and going with the Chinese buffet.

Pat
I'm with you Pat. We're doing the Chinese Buffet and a movie since its just me, the wifey, and son.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 06:14 PM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
Super Eric, everyone should be this way, instead of just tolerating the family!

Pat
Old December 23rd, 2016, 06:20 PM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I'm with you Pat. We're doing the Chinese Buffet and a movie since its just me, the wifey, and son.
Great minds think alike!

We did the homemade prime rib and fixings for 4 people last year. IIRC that cost me a $100.00. I believe we can do the buffet for 2 for less than $30.

Pat
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:49 AM
Frank Ignachuck

I worked for Digital Equipment Corp for 35 years. Everyone at DEC got a turkey for Christmas. They handed out over 60,000 one year. Since Maynard was DEC's headquarters, most of Maynard had turkey dinner. We were like all the Whos down in Whoville.

Merry Christmas!
Old December 25th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

Mmm, turkey, baked potatoes, creamed corn, cherry pie and trays full of my wife's baking. Hoping for a couple Christmas's more with all my girls.
Old December 25th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Had alot of tamales and other traditional Mexican dishes and pastries and alcohol loaded punches. Big family get together so it's like one big Mexican pot luck. Going for a 3rd or 4th dish is common. This was for Christmas eve. We usually do Christmas at my sisters and it's just my parents my sister and I and our signifanct others. Meals are pretty traditional turkey , ham , potatoes , candied sweet potatoes. The works.

Last edited by coppercutlass; December 25th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old December 28th, 2016, 04:01 PM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

Traditional Southern holiday dinners here means a load of seasoned red oak and apple wood on my low rider smoker. A fine swine contributor ( a tenderloin this year) along with smoked mac n cheese. The wife and I have an agreement: she cooks inside and I cook outside.

I'm available for holiday parties.....

Old December 28th, 2016, 06:18 PM

Wow!
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:37 PM
Forward into the Past

My brother-in-law does the cooking. Some years it's a repeat of Thanksgiving but every now and again, he decides to do something more original. This year he smoked a Boston butt and had all the Lexington style trimmings, plus my nephew did steamed oysters.