The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Cataracts

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2019, 12:05 PM
Oldsdruid

Cataracts

I find myself at the age of having trouble seeing (and peeing, and a host of other old-guy things I never thought I'd have to face) so had cataract surgery on left eye last Wednesday. Lemme tell you I never realised how bad I couldn't see! It's such an improvement I've decided to have the other one done next month. The eye center even runs a shuttle service from here to their surgery center an hour away.

The left eye had gotten bad enough that I was seeing split images of a lot of things. I can actually look down now and see individual blades and stems of grass.

Maybe now that I can see I'll get inspired to work on my fleet and get them roadworthy again.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Been there on my right eye, next is the blurry left eye.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:58 PM

Your sight is just another blessing we take for granted every moment. I’ll turn 46 this month and had a buckle surgery followed with cataract surgery with multiple eyeball injections on my right eye as well as an outpatient preventative laser surgery on the left to prevent a second detachment. It’s been over ten years and I still religiously go to my annual dialation/check up annually. My surgeon is a genius, speaks in very real and professional dialogue which I truly appreciate. I can recognize that if it weren’t for him, I’d likely be completely blind in at least my right eye. I’m glad that your surgeon has returned a bit of your life to you and hope that the second yields the same results.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 06:20 PM
Pat

Glenn,

Glad to hear the good news about your eyes!

Just let me know when you are ready to start on your fleet!

Old September 23rd, 2019, 10:21 PM

You don't realize what you are missing till you can't see it or anything else anymore. I had a condition called karatonis (sp). The coning of the eye. It will progress to the point that glasses and hard contacts will not correct your vision, a transplant is the only thing that will save your eye or eyes from bursting. I've been packing someone else cornea for about 15 years now THANK YOU who ever you were for donating your parts.

I've been one eyed (left) from birth ( lazy eye) and when my right went south it was a life changing event. Back then the operation was a new thing and luckily I was able and privileged to get introduced to Dr. Mantis the doc who wrote the book on this condition and he did a great job....Tedd... Who's nick name on another forum was Mr. Magoo.
Old October 1st, 2019, 06:39 AM

Gee you guys are calling apart. I am 63 none of those problems yet. Diabetes yes,triple heart bypass yes.
Old October 8th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Oldsdruid

Keep breathing...

Had a followup yesterday and left eye has improved from 20/70 to 20/15!
Old October 8th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Keep breathing...

Had a followup yesterday and left eye has improved from 20/70 to 20/15!
Congratulations! I've heard that from others also. I'm getting cataract surgery in March, and that can't come soon enough. I have protein building up on the lenses and making it somewhat foggy to see at times. And i'm really glad to hear that I'm not alone needing this done. Looking forward to seeing like a 20 year old again.
Old October 30th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Oldsdruid

Just got home from having the other eye done. If it turns out as well as the left eye I'll be tickled. Now back to my eyedrops routine...
Old October 30th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Administrator

I've got my appointment to set my surgery appointment on the 6th of Nov. Looking forward to seeing out of the blurry left eye again. Glad yours turned out great.
Old October 30th, 2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Congratulations! I've heard that from others also. I'm getting cataract surgery in March, and that can't come soon enough. I have protein building up on the lenses and making it somewhat foggy to see at times. And i'm really glad to hear that I'm not alone needing this done. Looking forward to seeing like a 20 year old again.
Forget about looking at the 20 year old chicks, your other parts are still old.
Old October 31st, 2019, 06:27 AM
Pat

Sounds good Glenn. Glad everything worked out well for you...