The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Bad eBay Day

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2010, 04:16 AM
...should get a life....

Bad eBay Day

Anybody had a bad experience with eBay?
I've had a pretty good run over the years, but not today.

1/ The 1972 Oldsmobile Service Manual I paid US$45 + same again in postage for turned up as a 1977 Chevrolet Ligh Duty Truck manual.
2/ My $90 Ugg Boots (it is winter down here guys) are toooo small

I've been going crazy since our 2 Staffie pups sorted out my old ugg boots a few days ago. Wife wouldn't let me skin 'em and turn 'em into slippers.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:12 AM

I have had a few negative experiences, but all and all I have had a good run.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:27 AM

Every now and then I get a clunker on Ebay. But, I gotta say, I'm amazed at the quality of sellers that I deal with given the medium. I always check "feedback" and the sellers know it. Try to work it out. If not, use the feedback to describe your experience. Sometimes the seller will try to work it out to remove negative feedback.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry to hear that, Colonel. I've not had a bad experience with em yet. You probably will be able to get it corrected. Most sellers are nice.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:34 AM

I bet the guy shipped the wrong one
Old August 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Stick with guys like this one

bigjp455 ( 1165)

All postive for me..........But I had to work at it,Sometime you have to bite the bullet to keep a customer happy,maybe the guy who mailed the wrong one will step up and do the right thing!
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:14 PM

A few sellers give all of ebay a bad name , sorry to hear you ran into them.
I am MJAKS462 on Ebay , 964 positive No negatives , Power seller and TOP RATED SELLER.
Its all about bending over for the buyers.
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM

my first purchase was in Nov, 98, 1,000 purchases so far. my second auction was a nightmare. Had to get the Attorney General of Florida involved. got double my money back!!

only one other purchase with problems. the seller kept promising to ship but after 2 months nothing. eBay handled it swiftly with a refund. the seller left me a negative and called me a jerk
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Have you contacted the seller yet. AS others have said its likely they shipped the wrong one by mistake.

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Anybody had a bad experience with eBay?
I've had a pretty good run over the years, but not today.

1/ The 1972 Oldsmobile Service Manual I paid US$45 + same again in postage for turned up as a 1977 Chevrolet Ligh Duty Truck manual.
2/ My $90 Ugg Boots (it is winter down here guys) are toooo small

I've been going crazy since our 2 Staffie pups sorted out my old ugg boots a few days ago. Wife wouldn't let me skin 'em and turn 'em into slippers.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
Have you contacted the seller yet. AS others have said its likely they shipped the wrong one by mistake.
Been in touch with both sellers and everything's going to be OK.
Just seemed weird that after 200 or so successful dealings on eBay I get 2 go pear-shaped on the one day.
The guy in Wisconsin has aleady posted the Olds manual at his expense / loss (it cost US$42.05 to post a 3lb book to Australia...imagine what it costs for parts). He originally quoted me a postage cost which I paid, then he came back saying the post office charged him an extra $6+ so I paid that separately being the good buyer that I am. Now he's doing the right thing by me.
The ugg boot people are also helping out. So while it was a bad eBay Day, it won't be a bad experience. I generally find eBayers to be really good to deal with.
I need that manual to sort out a carby problem and I'm not heading up to the shed in the middle of winter without my ugg boots so the transactions are inter-related
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:56 PM

After just a few negative experiences, it is easy to loose faith in the site.
There are many great sellers, and a few rotten ones who spoil the fun.

I was once had by a seller selling manuals and car parts who had a 12,000+ 99.1% positive feedback. Item looked perfect in picture, but looked like it was thrown down the highway. No good deal was made by him and I gave him the deserved negative. Of couse he did the usual retaliation, but I could care less.

There were a few other bad experiences similar to that. For the longest time, things were fine, but the bad deals started and increased at an exponential rate.
I rarely use the site now.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Thumbs up Buyer Beware For sure

Hey Col Wickham! GLAD to hear you're getting things sorted out! Yes, Ebay is generally good; but there are a few snakes out there now and again; like anything else it's buyer beware! (But, you know it's a very small World indeed and bad people will reap what they sow -- especially with all of our high-speed electronic means of communication and Forums exactly like these; you screw over Car People and they'll band together and make your Name Mudd in a heartbeat! Some of the crooks think they're smarter/faster or whatever; they want the quick GAIN for themselves! the old "I WIN: you LOSE" philosophy...I believe they are the Ultimate losers in the long run!)

Again, glad it's working out for you! LOVE your Cutlass in the picture there! NICE!! Take good care!

Cheers!
John
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Captain of my ship

Glad it worked out for ya but I gotta ask about the ugg boots. There something special about them? I know the winter boots I have to work in are good for i think -100. I did not think you had tons of snow and cold to stand around in.
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:30 AM
"me somebody" site member

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I was once had by a seller selling manuals and car parts who had a 12,000+ 99.1% positive feedback. Item looked perfect in picture, but looked like it was thrown down the highway. No good deal was made by him and I gave him the deserved negative. Of couse he did the usual retaliation, but I could care less.
Good news is that retaliatory negatives on the part of sellers are no longer permitted (I believe sellers can ONLY leave positve feedback now, a change made at least a year ago, maybe 2). Premise is that the ONLY obligation of a buyer is to pay for an item, and an NPB (non paying bidder) alert, of which only 3 are allowed, would eventually take care of those who don't. Problem is, many buyers don't seem to realize this, and so the feedback system remains the equivalent of a Mexican standoff.
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:59 AM

stay away from this guy!!!!! my worst ebay experence ever!!!!!!! he sells mostly 5-$20 items
Member id missinglinkmotorsports ( Feedback Score Of 2302)

i bought a 70-72 console from him 6 weeks ago, he kept saying it was shipped and it would be there, it never showed i asked for the tracking number he kept saying it was at his office, weeks later i had 2 report him 2 ebay 2 find out he never shipped it, than he didnt have the money 2 refund me, it took alomost a month 2 get a refund!!

ebay used 2 be 100% great for me!! ive found parts for cheap and ive found 40 year old parts in mint condition, but lately ive got junk parts for high prices!! its not what its used 2 be!! i still buy and sell but i ask alot of questions and i go off there feedback

oyea i didnt know they made mens ugg boots????? my girl has 4 pairs purple, blue, brown, and black she loves them!! but i didnt knwo they made them for men i sure hope they dont look like the womens!!!

Last edited by sx455raidercelticfan; August 6th, 2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
...should get a life....

Do they make men's Ugg Boots??
Is the Pope a Catholic? Does a bear sh%t in the woods?
Proper Uggies are 100% sheepskin boots (synthetic sole) designed in Australia by a surfie back in the 60s. I've been wearing them every winter since the early 70s. You wouldn't go trudging through snow or do the gardening in them....they're dry weather foot warmers. No socks, even on the coldest day.
They were always known generically as Ugg Boots down here until some smart *** American Company copied the product and trademarked the name "Ugg Boots Australia" then tried to sue everyone using the term Ugg Boots to sell their product down here.
You don't know how close we came to declaring war on the US over that. We would've won too. You wouldn't have heard us coming in our sheepskin boots
Meet my new Uggs. I've decided to keep them cos they do stretch.

Uggs.jpg?t=1281137629

http://shoes.about.com/od/boots/a/ugg.htm

Last edited by Col Wickham; August 6th, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:41 PM

i have only had a couple bad experiences with ebay one a vise that i bought had a broken mounting tab on big deal there was still 3 more got it and aparently it was dropped agian in shipping and the base was broke i half couldnt get ahold of the guy finally ebay got ahold of him and all he said was pay $50 dolars and ship it back and he would give me my $40 i bought it for back the other was an intake and carb that wasnt packaged good and the linkage on the carb got damaged

at least now some one told me that sellers can't leave negative feed back on buyers
Old August 7th, 2010, 01:48 AM

Do they make men's Ugg Boots??
Is the Pope a Catholic? Does a bear sh%t in the woods?
Proper Uggies are 100% sheepskin boots (synthetic sole) designed in Australia by a surfie back in the 60s. I've been wearing them every winter since the early 70s. You wouldn't go trudging through snow or do the gardening in them....they're dry weather foot warmers. No socks, even on the coldest day.
They were always known generically as Ugg Boots down here until some smart *** American Company copied the product and trademarked the name "Ugg Boots Australia" then tried to sue everyone using the term Ugg Boots to sell their product down here.
You don't know how close we came to declaring war on the US over that. We would've won too. You wouldn't have heard us coming in our sheepskin boots
Meet my new Uggs. I've decided to keep them cos they do stretch.

http://shoes.about.com/od/boots/a/ugg.htm

LOL!!! thats crazy my girl dosnt were socks either!!! she loves her uggs and wont buy the fakes!! they do last shes had a couple pairs for 2-3 years and they still look great, she said the trick is 2 allways buy them a half or hole size 2 small because they streach 2 fit your foot and if you buy the correct size they get flat after they break in,

im still shocked that they have mens uggs!!
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:43 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by sx455raidercelticfan
LOL!!! thats crazy my girl dosnt were socks either!!! she loves her uggs and wont buy the fakes!! they do last shes had a couple pairs for 2-3 years and they still look great, she said the trick is 2 allways buy them a half or hole size 2 small because they streach 2 fit your foot and if you buy the correct size they get flat after they break in,

im still shocked that they have mens uggs!!
Your girl knows her Uggies and I'm thinking she must have a little Aussie in the family tree somewhere. Always pay the extra and get the good ones and get them a little tight. Theses new ones of mine are starting to stretch but the big toes were a little tender after yesterday's break-in session.
Do yourself a favour...get yourself a pair. Fall is coming up there and you will love them. Just for around he house. I guarantee you will live in them until 1/2 way through Spring. Blokes generally wear the short ones and I like them with the top rolled over. Dare ya
Old August 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Always pay the extra and get the good ones and get them a little tight. Theses new ones of mine are starting to stretch but the big toes were a little tender after yesterday's break-in session.
I played hockey for many years and I always used CCM skates (Canada) with Tackaberry boots (AUS kangaroo hide)

I always got them really tight (at least a whole size small and narrow) and skated barefoot. They clung to your legs like they were part of your body. I still have my last skates that I bought in 1967. The boots are as good as new!

Just an un-car tidbit!

--Don
Old August 8th, 2010, 12:41 AM
...should get a life....

Don I'm surprised the boots didn't start shivering when you took to the ice. Kangaroo skin ain't used to the cold
The un-car tidbits are cool. Over on the Good Morning post there's not much car stuff going on, except right now with Jamesbo's unfortunate incident. I can't believe that. At least he's OK.
Back in the late 60s I was playing tennis. What I'm doing now is collecting all the first aluminium racquets that changed the game. The ones I played with are long gone but there are still a few out there. When I renovate the office here at home they're going on the wall along with pics of the famous players that used them. I was a ball-boy back in those days (early 70s). Guys like Laver, Ashe, Newcombe, Rosewall, Stolle, Sedgeman, Stan Smith & the girls Margaret Court, Billy-Jean King & Evonne Goolagong. Fantastic times.