The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Anyone going to the May 7th Spring dust off Olds show in Long Island?

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2017, 01:54 PM

Anyone going to the May 7th Spring dust off Olds show in Long Island?

I'm planning on attending the Spring dust off show on May 7th at the Fireman's Field in Merrick. I'll most likely get there late since I want to go to Rhinebeck for the car show/ swap meet at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds Friday and Saturday. I've never made that meet and I'm going to do my best to make it there. Going to come home Sunday morning swap vehicles and head out to the show. I'll be the guy who identifies as skinny with the belly, since we can decide for ourselves in today's society, next to the Viking Blue 71' that looks way better in that tiny picture. I answer to Mike, Fat Boy or "I have BEER".

I was going to push for a worst at show so I can finally win something, but was told I'd be made in charge of that one, so kind of a conflict of interest.

I did make one LI/NYC Olds chapter meeting, but I'm usually working so haven't gotten out to another. Good group of guys there. I think my dues are in arrears though didn't get this months email. I have to get on that.

Droptop I envy the 3 Baths. 70PM what part of Queens, I'm a Woodside boy?

Not so good at the picture thing but I'll try to attach the flyer.

I also hear the Milleridge Cottage on Rt-106 has close to 1,000 cars on Wednesday nights, but haven't made that as of yet either.

Blew a line on my 06 Silverado and fried the tranny. Not getin' me on the blew the tranny thing. 134,000 with the abuse I put on it, it was probably going to go anyway. Anyway, luck would have it the weather has been great so I've been busing the kids around with the Olds.
Attached Files

Last edited by zeeke; April 11th, 2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Add More
Old April 11th, 2017, 04:27 PM

I might go, even with my one lifter making the engine sound like a typewriter. I put seafoam in, maybe the ride will do it good.
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:45 PM

I'm going in the morning for a few hours
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:46 PM

What class will a F-85 fall under?
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:12 PM
delete

Doing my best to make it for a few hours in the AM.
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:43 PM

I finished work at 4am. I'll try to make it.
Old April 18th, 2017, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 66olds4dr
What class will a F-85 fall under?
Depends on the year.
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:40 AM

I expect to be there, just spectating though, no car.
Weather looks iffy as of this morning, but it's only Monday. Fingers-crossed!
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:39 PM
delete

Revised - I'll try to be there around noon. Other commitments (like every other year). Reminder - if you need any parts, call Fusick in advance & they will bring them to the show so you can save on shipping
Old May 5th, 2017, 04:15 PM

Weather is iffy for the 7th but I'm going to go if it's not pouring. Didn't make it to Rhinebeck due to the rain today. I've never made that show for one reason or another. I hear it's a good show.
Old May 5th, 2017, 07:51 PM

They're saying maybe a sprinkle on Sunday afternoon. It's gonna be chilly though with not much sun and a breeze off the water....plan accordingly.

I still plan to head out. I may be caravan-ing with a brave soul who intends to drive his '70 442 convertible from Toms River, NJ to Merrick! over 100 miles each way, in the face of questionable weather, the LI Marathon AND the 5-Boro Bike Tour in and around NYC. We'll see.

Hey Mike, I grew-up in NHP, moved to NJ in '02. Last I heard, there's still a huge car show every Friday evening in Bellmore, on Sunrise Hwy under the LIRR.
Old May 6th, 2017, 04:26 AM

That is a rough trip. Yes they still have the show every Friday night, just saw it in Newsday. They list a few shows there. I haven't been to Bellmore yet but I used to go to Nathan's in Oceanside years ago, before they shut it down. Oyster Bay does a Tuesday night thing in the summer which I've been to. $5 to park, usually about 100 cars.

The top started separating from the left rear side about 10 days ago so I'd definitely be in the running for worst in show. I've been hearing prices between $1000 and up. McCoys in Woodside, Queens wants $1800 with a new rear glass. I know it's pricey but I've seen there work for years and its high quality. I'll ask around at the show and see who's had one done and for how much recently.