The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Alex Anderson RIP

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2010, 05:09 AM

Alex Anderson RIP

http://www.geardiary.com/2010/10/25/...le-dead-at-90/
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Past Administrator

OH man. I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid.
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:40 AM

Yeah, saw that on the news last night. Sure losing a lot of good people from the good old days and nobody with the talent to replace them. What are we going to do for good humor
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Frostbite Falls is in mourning. RIP
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Death is not the enemy, time is...

How could anyone ever forget?

Also, a sad note. As many of you who love to cruise know Tom Bosley (Richey Cunninghams dad on Happy Days) has gone to the great 50's cruise night in the sky.

I don't know which one I'll miss more.

Just recently on (the view - ya I know, but my wife was watching it and called me to see this) have you noticed how many of our favoriite character actors and famous celebrities have passed on in the last 2 or 3 years? Reality check my friends, time stands still for no one..
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:01 PM
bil

Are you trying to say we are getting older too?? I refuse! Whenever I start to feel that way,I go smoke up the tires and knock off a few years!

I was just watching Rocky and Bullwinkle last weekend with my grandson. It was funny to see all the referances to the Cold War, and stuff we were thinking about in the 60s. There was a lot of subtle adult humor in there,not like the crap on TV today.And I know,I work in television! You can get the show for free on Hulu-worth every penny! BTW,did he also write Mr.Peabody and Fractured Fairy Tales? Anyway,R.I.P. They don't make them like that anymore. ---bil
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Older? yup..but better too!

Originally Posted by bil
Are you trying to say we are getting older too?? I refuse! Whenever I start to feel that way,I go smoke up the tires and knock off a few years!

I was just watching Rocky and Bullwinkle last weekend with my grandson. It was funny to see all the referances to the Cold War, and stuff we were thinking about in the 60s. There was a lot of subtle adult humor in there,not like the crap on TV today.And I know,I work in television! You can get the show for free on Hulu-worth every penny! BTW,did he also write Mr.Peabody and Fractured Fairy Tales? Anyway,R.I.P. They don't make them like that anymore. ---bil
The only time I ever saw the clock running backwards was in the movie "Christine". Now if that means selling my soul, question is would it be worth it?

You're right about the TV thing. Back then there wasn't any of the censorship there is today; and politics were more ??unified?? to prevent the possibility of communist infiltration and domination. Seems back then people shared and were concerned about a common goal. I still remember walking back to school after lunch the day JFK was shot. Kept looking at the skies half expecting to see waves of bombers and the start of WW3....I think that Anderson captured and mimicked the concerns to manage it into a dry humor that most of us found relief in, since our heroes always prevailed.