Check list for body separation from frame

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2014, 06:20 PM

Check list for body separation from frame

I have the front portion of the body ready to remove from the frame on my '68 Cutlass (I have jacked it up to check). I am now getting ready to lift the rear part of the body. Can someone please provide a checklist of things that need to be removed at the back so I don't mess anything up (ie bumper, lines, etc.)?
Thanks
Dave
Old August 4th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I just did this. I will have to think but you might get an idea on my thread Re vamping the old girl.
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM

This is not that hard but really need to know what you did so far. If the front clip is off with all associated wiring then you must still disconnect all engine/tranny wiring. disconnect the steering column at the rag joint, brake lines at the distrobution block, ground wires to the firewall behind the passenger cyl head, backdrive linkage from column to tranny, rear light wiring and fuel sender wiring (all in the same area) and the rubber hoses from the tank to the frame mounted lines. Oh! and the body to frame bolts. lift slowly to make sure you havent missed anything. If the clip is not off you must disconnect radiator hoses and tranny lines, forward light harness, fender to frame braces, support mounts, and wheelhouse to frame bolts.