1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme Conv. color

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM

1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme Conv. color

I've been able to determine through the data plate that the color of my interior is Z999 which relates to Dark Brown and the paint color is 48 which relates to Sherwood Green Poly but the data plate has the letter H for the convertable top cover and I don't know where to find out what the color is. In the Year One Catalog on page 277 they have the option of Beige, Tan or Buckskin but my top is so faded I'm not sure what it should be. Does anyone know where to find the Fabric Code that relates to the H on the data plate?
Old December 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Totumfrog
I've been able to determine through the data plate that the color of my interior is Z999 which relates to Dark Brown and the paint color is 48 which relates to Sherwood Green Poly but the data plate has the letter H for the convertable top cover and I don't know where to find out what the color is. In the Year One Catalog on page 277 they have the option of Beige, Tan or Buckskin but my top is so faded I'm not sure what it should be. Does anyone know where to find the Fabric Code that relates to the H on the data plate?
Your 70 with a convertible H is a gold top
Old December 10th, 2007, 03:22 AM

Thank you. However, I'm confused. I would have never guessed gold. The Year One catalog must not be complete with all colors. Where did you get the information from? I would like to be able to provide the color code to our local re-top shop. Thank you again in advance.
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Totomfrog,

I too have a '70 Supreme convertible. Is there only 1 guide pin on your top.
I have only 1 and it's on the drivers side. The passenger side doesn't have a guide pin nor does it a end cap that would receive a guide pin.
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Totumfrog
Thank you. However, I'm confused. I would have never guessed gold. The Year One catalog must not be complete with all colors. Where did you get the information from? I would like to be able to provide the color code to our local re-top shop. Thank you again in advance.
The letter H in my chassis service manual indicates gold top. There is no listing for a "color code" for it. I appologize for the delay in response as I have been without power for a week.