'69 hurst/olds where might you be?

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2013, 02:20 AM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
So.. what's her name?

Chitty Chitty Woop Woop?
The car was named by her daughter after the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang which came out early in the car's life.
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Oldsdruid

Only commonality I see between CCBB and a Hurst/Olds is they can both fly...

Would you believe the CCBB book was written by Ian Fleming? Lot of difference in that and James Bond- OK, maybe the DB5 and Chitty did have a few things in common.
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:32 AM

I was curious if this '69 H/O was ever located in the Reno, Nevada area. I used to see a H/O around town about 20 years ago that was used as a daily driver and always driven by a lady. I always wondered what happened to that car.
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:04 AM
C.W. Griswold

The car has always been in Cincinnati. The majority of the time on the west side of Cincinnati but not any longer. It is still in Cincinnati.....
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:53 AM

I didn't think it was the same car other than the Lady owner fact. The one in Reno was a little beat up but I had heard that people who asked her if the car was for sale were always told "No". Haven't seen it in a long time and was wondering if anybody here knew of it.
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM

Has the car SOLD yet ?
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM

No, working on getting a reputable appraisal
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:21 AM
C.W. Griswold

This whole mess sickens me a great deal. At this point any of you out there that are interested, I will be selling the car that was supposed to one day sit next to Chitty which is my'84 Hurst Olds. I have had this car since Marilyn said " it would be awful neat to put them next to each other!" I will also be selling a '69 W30 that is almost painted along with any and all Oldsmobile stuff. I have a feeling this will deflate me when it comes to cars for good.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:53 AM

15 yrs you've wanted that car? Did you ever make an offer, my understanding from Marilyn is no. I'd say you need to make an offer. The car is not sold, it can still be yours, it's not my call who the car goes to, that's Marilyn's deal.
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM
C.W. Griswold

Smile So it's not over yet?

Ventura 1, I am shocked by this. I had "offered" many years ago and she was o.k. with the figure then. This past December she called me and stated she was ready to sell. This is when I came out and drove it the second time. I told her that at any given moment I was ready but have always as a good person left this all up to her. I never ever pushed at all as to not make her mad. I didn't want her to think that I didn't care about her at all and that it was just about the car. I also asked her roughly a decade ago if we could put something in writing as we walked the yard and talked about wildlife but she assured me that "I come from a generation where my word is enough so we don't need to do that." Because I believe in being old fashioned I have never pushed or asked since as she clearly wanted me to do. I also after reading all of these posts called and spoke with Jack and asked where we needed to be. I clearly told him 30k was o.k. if the original 20k we talked about years ago wouldn't work. Look, these cars are out there restored and quite nice for 40k. I make 40k a year so clearly out of the picture for me. This is all about wanting her car and making her happy. If 35k gets it done just tell me. No hard feelings, but I just want to make this happen. Please, please, please make her aware that I do want it 100% and as I told her on the phone Sunday the 10th I am ready. We have spoken to the bank and everything is in order. I just know it is more than a car to her and she is very emotionally attached to it. She has made it very clear to me that this car represents her brother whom she lost not long ago so I am sure it is hard to part with. However, with me she isn't ever really parting with it. Please feel free to contact my father at 513 271 1604 or myself at 513 828 9445 as I wanted to bring my dad out to see Chitty with me one last time this weekend. You see I was figuring on this just becoming a memory at this time. Please help me make it a reality. Remember this as well, I have said in the past and will say it again. I have no problem signing a never sell document and I also would be more than glad to also have a document stating that it is to be preserved and NEVER restored. I can come this weekend,
Kyle
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Ventura

I know I am coming to the party here a little late but I too would love to have that Hurst Olds as I had a 442 when I was young and now drive a Corvette convertible. My heart has always been in a muscle car and I have been looking for an original for quite some time now. This Hurst olds would be a passion for me to restore to it's original beauty as I now have the time since I am retired. It would remain as a show car for all generations to see. I do know that you do not get anything in life if you don't ask, so I am asking and hope I am not offending anyone here but your mother in law can and should sell to whom ever gives her the best price. If you would be so kind as to give her my
email address (blkwing60@hotmail.com) I would be grateful. Tell her I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for her car once she finishes her research and determines what she would like for it.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:16 AM
morgan

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsh
Ventura 1, I am shocked by this. I had "offered" many years ago and she was o.k. with the figure then. This past December she called me and stated she was ready to sell. This is when I came out and drove it the second time. I told her that at any given moment I was ready but have always as a good person left this all up to her. I never ever pushed at all as to not make her mad. I didn't want her to think that I didn't care about her at all and that it was just about the car. I also asked her roughly a decade ago if we could put something in writing as we walked the yard and talked about wildlife but she assured me that "I come from a generation where my word is enough so we don't need to do that." Because I believe in being old fashioned I have never pushed or asked since as she clearly wanted me to do. I also after reading all of these posts called and spoke with Jack and asked where we needed to be. I clearly told him 30k was o.k. if the original 20k we talked about years ago wouldn't work. Look, these cars are out there restored and quite nice for 40k. I make 40k a year so clearly out of the picture for me. This is all about wanting her car and making her happy. If 35k gets it done just tell me. No hard feelings, but I just want to make this happen. Please, please, please make her aware that I do want it 100% and as I told her on the phone Sunday the 10th I am ready. We have spoken to the bank and everything is in order. I just know it is more than a car to her and she is very emotionally attached to it. She has made it very clear to me that this car represents her brother whom she lost not long ago so I am sure it is hard to part with. However, with me she isn't ever really parting with it. Please feel free to contact my father at 513 271 1604 or myself at 513 828 9445 as I wanted to bring my dad out to see Chitty with me one last time this weekend. You see I was figuring on this just becoming a memory at this time. Please help me make it a reality. Remember this as well, I have said in the past and will say it again. I have no problem signing a never sell document and I also would be more than glad to also have a document stating that it is to be preserved and NEVER restored. I can come this weekend,
Kyle
not for nothing but 35-40k is peanuts for that car
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:41 AM

Asking and getting are two different things .
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
morgan

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
Asking and getting are two different things

there are probably only a handfull of cars like that one... 35-40K for that car would sell sell all day long, someone would pay a lot more than that for it
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Interesting.
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM
C.W. Griswold

Unhappy Listen to what I have said........

I am amazed, that no one is listening to what I type. She clearly does not want the car restored only preserved as it should be. This shows me just how concerned you guys are for the well being of the car and the current owner. It is just plain sad.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:13 PM
morgan

I am amazed, that no one is listening to what I type. She clearly does not want the car restored only preserved as it should be. This shows me just how concerned you guys are for the well being of the car and the current owner. It is just plain sad.
what are you trying to say?? i'll tell you what would be sad ...if that 69 H/O ends up dented and rusted out like your 84
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
NôôB

I see what you put there buddy. If it is true on what he says it sounds like this is the owner that she would love to have.

As for it being 35k and a survivor? I am thinking about selling mine and that was going to be my asking price. I dont know if this is a low ball or i am high balling lol.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Old School Olds

I would like to have the cash to end this conversation.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:30 PM

If I had the cash, I would buy it and keep it just like it is. They are only original once.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM

Is it me?

Is it just me or is this turning into a soap opera?.

If the car is for sale list an asking price or send it to auction. Once the car is sold the former owner does not get to dictate to the new owner what happens to it.

I think the car will easily fetch $35-$40K. I know I would pay that for it.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Old School Olds

[QUOTE=oldsmobiledave;522735]Is it just me or is this turning into a soap opera?.

If the car is for sale list an asking price or send it to auction. Once the car is sold the former owner does not get to dictate to the new owner what happens to it.

I think the car will easily fetch $35-$40K. I know I would pay that for it.[/QUOTE

X2! I would if I could!
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:41 PM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by pogo69
what are you trying to say?? i'll tell you what would be sad ...if that 69 H/O ends up dented and rusted out like your 84
I have two other people to thank for the current condition of my'84. My buddy Scott had to have it and I wanted to go to college so I sold it to him. 100% original at that time with flaking paint. He was the first person to drive it in the winter. After the second winter I bought it back in the spring. He had fallen asleep driving and screwed up the driver's side. He then got in money trouble so I got her back. Yes, wrecked but mine again! Then came the day I wanted to buy a house. After fixing and paint and decals I sold it to my friend Jason. He daily drove the car for several years all seasons and used bags of salt in the trunk to help with traction! He got a crotch rocket and parked the H/O in a garage where it should have been safe but Best Buy backed into the corner of the garage and the driver's side fender again! We made a deal and she's back..... Had it been in my care the whole time none of this would have happened.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM
morgan

If your complaining about this topic DONT READ IT THEN !!!!
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
I would like to have the cash to end this conversation.
Trust me, this conversation should never have made it to this forum. It does seem to me that you chose to be involved.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:59 PM

1969 Hurst olds

Okay...let me clarify my position. If I were to own this 1969 Hurst Olds I would not do a frame off full blown restoration! I am sorry if that's what it sounded like
In reality I would like to give it lots of TLC and scrubbing and polishing and detailing to return this beast to original. Of course there would have to be minor parts changes...that is inevitable. I would maintain this car but would also take it to shows to.....show it off of course!! Having said all that I would pay whatever the Lady wants for it, providing it is reasonable to me.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM

Once a rare car hits the internet, chances of getting it for a decent price goes out the window. I hope you get the car.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Old School Olds

Trust me, this conversation should never have made it to this forum. It does seem to me that you chose to be involved.
Oh for sure. I kick myself now for not scooping up one
I found about 15 yrs ago for 10K!
I hope you can make this one yours Daniel.

Last edited by tru-blue 442; March 19th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:42 AM
eds

Reminds me of what my FIL used to have on his office wall - "Friends is friends, but business is business."

Pretty good recipe for disappointment to get emotionally attached to something you don't own. Daniel, I don't doubt your sincerity, and maybe the owner of this car done you wrong, but that stuff happens.

Seems to me you gotta either figure out a way to make this deal happen, or get over it. And pleading your case on this board doesn't impress me as the best way to achieve either result.
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:59 AM
C.W. Griswold

Nobody is trying to impress anybody, it's unfortunate that this is the way I am having to communicate, I agree.
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:36 AM
eds

Nobody is trying to impress anybody,...
Dude - to impress, as I intended to use the term, simply means to make an impression. Contains no value judgment, favorable or otherwise. Hopefully, most people who speak or type desire to make an impression.

If it causes you less confusion, please read it as "...doesn't strike me..."
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
C.W. Griswold

Question Can we meet this weekend?

Originally Posted by Ventura I
No, working on getting a reputable appraisal
Would it be o.k. if Tim Murphy and I come out this Saturday? I am very serious and will also have my father along so as to discuss a figure?
-Kyle
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:26 AM

Is this a car for sale,or a marriage contract,
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
C.W. Griswold

This was supposed to be a family oriented deal, and not just wallet motivated like all of you guys on here. Don't worry, after this is over I will not be gracing you guys with my presence anymore.
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:26 AM

over & out

This was supposed to be a family oriented deal, and not just wallet motivated like all of you guys on here. Don't worry, after this is over I will not be gracing you guys with my presence anymore.
What a shame...I miss you already.

Time to grow up & man up. If you want the car then buy it. If you can not make it happen on your own get your parents to co-sign. If that is not possible then get over it. Buy a car you can afford & make it the best you can & enjoy the hell out of it.

I am tired of all the snivelling on this thread. I am out. I will watch for the car to turn up relisted for sale at a much higher price after a dealer buys it from your MIL.
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
What a shame...I miss you already.

Time to grow up & man up. If you want the car then buy it. If you can not make it happen on your own get your parents to co-sign. If that is not possible then get over it. Buy a car you can afford & make it the best you can & enjoy the hell out of it.

I am tired of all the snivelling on this thread. I am out. I will watch for the car to turn up relisted for sale at a much higher price after a dealer buys it from your MIL.
I guess the comment about the wallet hit a nerve huh? This has nothing to do with growing up or manning up as I have never been given a price. It sounds as if you are aggravated about something that has nothing to do with you. I think at this point you are the only one mad. The money IS there, but I am not going to go crazy just because someone is ill motivated.
-Kyle
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:20 AM

Smile So back on topic....

Jersey, were you ever able to obtain any more leads on the car you are looking for?
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM

more

I guess the comment about the wallet hit a nerve huh? This has nothing to do with growing up or manning up as I have never been given a price. It sounds as if you are aggravated about something that has nothing to do with you. I think at this point you are the only one mad. The money IS there, but I am not going to go crazy just because someone is ill motivated.
-Kyle
Having owned many Oldsmobiles money is not an issue for me. My wallet is fine thanks for asking. The part that hit a nerve was your arrogant statement that you would no longer GRACE US WITH YOUR PRESENCE. Other than the chance to get to this HO no one needs you here. You're a crybaby & no one has any interest in reading aobut your soap opera life.

If you want the car buy it. If you can't then pass it on to someone who can. Once it is sold the new onwer decides what happens to it not YOU.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM

Daniel/Kyle whatever name you go by, this is not a "family deal", if it was I would have owned the car for 23 years now, I am family, I believe you saw the car at a car wash. I don't have the kind of extra cash they deserve for this car, and I know it. Seems to me you'd rather have the money in your wallet than theirs. They deserve what the car is worth, they've stored it, insured it, and kept it from getting destroyed for over 40 years. Wait for an honest appraisal you'll get your shot.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave

Is Daniel Marsh here even related to this person and if so why is he using the thread to talk to this person and not calling them. Same as if he was supposed to buy the car a while ago, why doesnt he have the number?

And also why must your father go with you to make a purchase?

Can we get this thing stopped or something since it has nothing to do with the original topic? If you are looking for a H/O Jersey, i posted a thread in the hurst section, thinking about selling mine but it might not be what you are looking for, no harm in looking though.

Quick Reply: '69 hurst/olds where might you be?