wtb: '69-'71 442 convertible or ht....

Old June 13th, 2016, 11:02 AM

[no longer valid] wtb: '69-'71 442 convertible or ht....

[this 'wtb' ad is no longer valid... found a '69 442 thanks mainly to tony bonafide.. also thanks to a couple of other members like viking blue, et al., who helped me out with my search]...

greetings,

just registered here...i'm looking for a very nice to excellent condition 442 from '69 through '71...prefer a ragtop but will certainly consider a pristine hardtop...numbers not matching is fine but a real 442 or sx is preferrable to a clone or a vanilla cutlass....
i'm a quadriplegic so it must be "buckets/console, ps, pb, automatic" optioned ride...

strongly prefer 455 [that is, i don't mind a swapped-in 455 mill in a '69] with a stout th400 and a 12 bolt posi but will also consider a 400ci or even a 350ci engine with other tranny/rear set up... an already swapped-in o/d tranny is a plus since i'll want an overdrive ultimately....

also, i'm unable to sweat thus i easily get heatstrokes therefore, factory or added [e.g. vintage air] a/c is strongly desirable - along with a heavy duty rad/fan able to keep the mill cool with a/c on in traffic/hot weather - but i can always add a vintage air a/c unit if not, so a non a/c car is not a deal breaker, i'll just pay less than max budget...

must be a rust free, no issues, turnkey car able to drive anywhere as is...
if a convertible, must have a power top on account of my disability and very limited physical ability....

everything must work [gauges, lights, wipers, switches, etc.] and no mechanical/electric gremlins or issues because i'm tired of buying cars with a faulty fuel gauge or speedo, or a short somewhere, then keep spending $$$ on a mechanic/shop to chase down the culprit for it not working...
it'll be my daily driver throughout every year for a long time so must be dependable...

my current max budget is either $27k cash...
or..... i can trade up with my award winnnig, multiple magazine featured, full kustom '60 ford fairlane plus up to $15k in cash.... if the latter, the equivalent - real world - value of your car must be upwards of 35k...
here's a link to my kustom's classified ad on hemmings:
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/fairlane/1772835.html

strongly prefer cars located within 60 miles or so of northern new jersey area [i'm about 35 minutes drive from nyc/g.w. bridge] either in nj, ny or ct.... will also very much consider cars from south/western states and have it transported via enclosed car transport but only if owner is a long time, active member of this forum and/or with a positive seller feedback....

cheers - jerzy....
};->

Last edited by jerzy; May 13th, 2017 at 01:35 AM. Reason: found my car...
Old June 13th, 2016, 11:23 AM

pm'd you
Old June 13th, 2016, 02:46 PM

pm'd you also
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by VikingBlue
pm'd you

just replied...thanks anyway but as you've already realized yourself, a bench seat/column shift won't work for me.... never even mind the open diff...
thank you nonetheless man....
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by pacekar
pm'd you also

just replied as well....
Old June 13th, 2016, 06:14 PM

i appreciate both of the offers thus far, from members above, but still looking....
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:42 AM

bump...still looking.....

if any of you good standing, active forum members here find a '69 - '71 442 ragtop in excellent, turnkey condition listed near your area AND you'd would be willing to check it out on my behalf, please post the listing/pics and/or info...if i can get an honest, trustwoorthy, comprehensive inspection by olds savvy person, i'll definitely consider buying a car from anywhere in the u.s....i'm willing to fairly compensate you for your time to inspect it for me....

thus far, had a couple of leads that didn't fully pan out, plus another i've found at a fl dealership i liked [priced above the going rate i suppose] but it seems someone already put a deposit on that latter one just this past friday, before i could find someone local to check it out for me...

again, i prefer a '69 - '71 442 ragtop in excellent condition more than anything else, but will consider a hardtop, or even a cutlass convertible that's been cloned into a 442 if the cloning was done right; i.e. heavy duty suspension, 455 correct heavy duty radiator/cooling, tach, etc., not just a cutlass with 442 badges/paint but still with a weaker 10 bolt rear end, lighter suspension, et al...

jerzy....

Last edited by jerzy; June 20th, 2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM

Pm sent
Old June 27th, 2016, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by JpMotorsports
Pm sent

replied... but no way...thanks anyway....
Old August 18th, 2016, 06:18 AM

bump.... still looking....
Old August 24th, 2016, 07:11 PM

car

If you ever find a car like your description for $27K, let me know where you find it. for that price I will buy 2 cars
Old August 24th, 2016, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by cdoering
If you ever find a car like your description for $27K, let me know where you find it. for that price I will buy 2 cars

troll much lately??... what are you, 10, with comments like that?... your attempt at witty sarcasm is misplaced here and actually i could easily turn tables on you and post a bunch of links to cars like the ones i've described that sold within the past year right at my budget... but why would i want to do that now?... maybe next time before you post, take a deep breath and reconsider before making yourself look like an ***....
which type of car were you referring to, a ragtop or pristine hardtop?... also i mentioned an uptrade which brings the car's value up to 35k +.... read more attentively before deciding to comment on someone's thread please...

also, you might want to consider cutting down on watching b-j on velocity channel and instead of wasting time on posting off topic, troll comments on legitimate classified threads, use that time to search for a vehicle yourself...if you truly would buy at least one of those, start your own 'wtb' thread....

there are still cars out there like that and selling for a fair price right now, instead of listed at grossly overinflated amounts...i'd have long purchased one were it not for the fact that being a quadriplegic i'm unable to travel beyond a 1.5 hour area from my location....so i need to find one locally...
please stay on topic.... unless you have a solid lead like that, please restrain yourself from trollin' on my thread and wasting my time....

Last edited by jerzy; August 24th, 2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:43 AM

Just to give you a heads up you won't get much help around here being smart with people and cursing. I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought to your attention. You're new on here and you should be humble and you may get some leads.. Have a great day..
Old August 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by kbdecatur
Just to give you a heads up you won't get much help around here being smart with people and cursing. I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought to your attention. You're new on here and you should be humble and you may get some leads.. Have a great day..

i see, well thank you for your "heads up"... are you certain you did not intend it for the member who incited my response on this thread, however?....
he's the one with the "smart", sarcastic, off topic post... is o/t posting allowed on newbies posts per forum regulations yet the newbies are justt supposed to be "humble" and accept such?....

i am perfectly willing to be respectful on any forums, and conduct myself according to the rules; as far as i'm aware, i'm still doing so.... notice the word "please" i've used 3 times in my response to this member's unsolicited, sarcastic post on my thread....
as far as your suggestion that i "should be humble", i'm sorry but i take an offense to that suggestion...
as i've stated, i'm perfectly willing to be respectful [and expect the same in return] but your suggestion regarding being "humble" smacks too much of my concept of servitude or slavery to my sensibilities; i'm neither a slave nor a servant....
i am new to this forum but certainly not new to forums or clubs... or to cars for that matter, i've been a biker, then a hot rodder throughout most of my 50 year old life...
i'm well aware of what a 'newbie' status entails, whether in virtual or real world... i've been a member of many outfits, whether in military or civilian life, a 'prospect' or 'fng' status is familiar to me and i've paid my dues with regards to such on many occasions....
however, this isn't a club here and apart from being respectful to other members and keeping in mind others' advanced membership status when posting, i'm not willing to be bullied, teased or being the object of anyone's ridicule or derision....
if responding to such taunts and confrontations is perceived by this forum to be wrong and/or against the rules, i'll gladly kill my membership status at once....

also, could you show me anywhere in my response where i'm cursing?...
are you refering to the use of the word "***"?....
first it's not considered a curse word in general, pg rated movies/shows use it... second, i've used it in context to mean an animal, more commonly known as a donkey... it's an alternative name for this animal, more commonly used by the english speaking nation across the pond...

i have a fairly good command of both logic and the english/american language and i fail to see you being justified to admonish me regarding my response to the member above....

lastly, i have one of the most experienced 442 restorers/owners, also from my state, and a member of this forum, helping me with my search for the right car and acting as my advisor... according to my own quite extensive research on current selling prices of these cars, and his own invaluable input and advice, my budget is spot-on for the kind of car model/year and condition i'm searching for and described in this thread's initial post.... thus, that member's attempt at sarcasm is quite misplaced...

in light of your reply to my most recent response above, i've sent a message to this forum's admin/webmaster via 'contact us' link, inquiring about the rules of the forum and whether my reply to that member was counter to such, as well as regarding your "heads-up" admonishment towards me...
if i'm in the wrong, i'll gladly remove myself from this forum because i'm not willing to be the object of unwarranted o/t posts on my own threads... if i haven't done anything that's contrary to the rules, perhaps you might want to rethink your position here....

Last edited by jerzy; August 25th, 2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old August 25th, 2016, 08:51 AM

You have a GREAT DAY Sir this is a website for car lovers not looooong drawn out speeches about absolutely nothing.. Hope you find your dream car..
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:00 AM

You have a GREAT DAY Sir this is a website for car lovers not looooong drawn out speeches about absolutely nothing.. Hope you find your dream car..

my thread was - until yesterday - about finding a car... then one member trolled a post here...i replied in kind... you've then decided to take part in this exchange and posted another comment in my thread attempting to yet again derail my thread and use a condescending tone... you're the one partly responsible for making my thread "about absolutely nothing"... i'm well aware what this website is for, it's the reason i've registered here AS EVIDENCED BY MY THREAD....
if a comprehensive, logical response is too much for certain folks to comprehend, it's not my issue but their own....perhaps they shoulldn't post condescending comments without expecting a response....
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:12 AM

if an admin would be kind enough to delete this whole mess, starting with the o/t post made yesterday by 'cdoering' member, i'd appreciate it... i'd like for my thread to get back on topic regarding a car... if i were able to delete others' posts i'd do that myself but that privilege is outside my capabilities here of course... thanks...
Old August 25th, 2016, 03:16 PM

i don't know whether any admin will act upon my request or not... for what it's worth, in case these recent o/t posts above will remain, technically i predate probably 90% + members here... i just haven't been very active thus i'm not part of the active/posting circle, because i was spending most of my time driving and spent little time on-line...

so, for those who might in the future still feel empowered to act condescendingly towards my posts/threads because i'm a 'newb', please take a deep breath or two and try to restrain yourselves....

i've first registered here in january 2004, here's a link to my original profile:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/members/skibone.html

i had a short thread on my '68 cutlass [at the time] daily beater's hopped-up 455 overheating then got serious health issues and had a surgery so i never had the chance to follow up on that thread... a few months later when i recovered i completely forgot about that thread and had the heating issue partially resolved....

last time i posted here was when i advertised my daily beater for sale here in 2011 and it sold shortly.... soon after, after being hit by a bus and grounded in bed for the next 3 years, i changed my e-mail address and forgot my password by the time i wanted to log in here... therefore i had to register here anew....

i hope this clears up any 'newb' issues from here onward.....
Old August 25th, 2016, 03:20 PM

i hope this thread will now remain o/t free... for anyone here who might have such car for sale, or knows a solid lead within my local area, please refer to my initial post at the top of this thread for what i'm looking for and my available budget...

cheers....