newbie looking for 70 cutlass fastback

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM

newbie looking for 70 cutlass fastback

hey yall,
new to the site, new to olds. i saw a 72 cutlass for sale on the road and i knew what i wanted to be my next toy. started looking into values and other body styles and fell in love with the 1970 cutlass fastback. im just having trouble finding one to fix up. not looking for the daily driver nor am i looking for the junk yard piece. all i ask is solid frame, good sheet metal, and not many missing parts. any advice, tips, or finds would be awesome. thanks guys.

PS: that 72 that started it all is still for sale if anyone is looking for one. looks in great condition (only little rust on lower drivers door. frame is very solid. fastback, 350, orange with paint match rally 2 wheels, black interior.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM

Hi welcome to the site. What's your location that would help with finding you a car. Have you tried cragslist.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:57 PM

im in norfolk, va. tried craigslist and found a "scam car". (looks like alot of people found this one, 70 cutlass for $3700). other than that, there are a few that need more work than what i think i can do. this would be my first restor. i've built a few jeeps now but i want a classic for the next toy.
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by scarylilguy
im in norfolk, va. tried craigslist and found a "scam car". (looks like alot of people found this one, 70 cutlass for $3700). other than that, there are a few that need more work than what i think i can do. this would be my first restor. i've built a few jeeps now but i want a classic for the next toy.

Hmmm....? this 70 Cutlass for $3700, was it green with a white interior?? If so, I saw it, responded thru craigslist via email and no response from seller and was starting to wonder if it was a scam? Tell me more please. What makes it a scam anyway?
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:15 AM

Oops! Welcome aboard!!
You'll find lots of great people here to help with info about Oldsmobiles!
Good luck with your search
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by scarylilguy
Originally Posted by 67 Cutlass
Hmmm....? this 70 Cutlass for $3700, was it green with a white interior?? If so, I saw it, responded thru craigslist via email and no response from seller and was starting to wonder if it was a scam? Tell me more please. What makes it a scam anyway?
Is this the same car???
I think I see how it's a scam... here's the email I just got

Hi,
The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $3,700. It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents. You will inspect the vehicle before the payment will be made. I temporarily moved in Chester, MT with my work and I have the vehicle with me. All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price because I won a promotion at DAS auto shippers (1 free shipping+$500). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. I am selling the vehicle under market value because I need to pay the bank or they will take my house. Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.
Specs: 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass HARDTOP // 74,200 miles // fully loaded // Body type: Coupe // Engine: 8 Cylinder // Ext&Int color: Green with White // Transmission: Automatic // Fuel type: Gasoline.
Here's the ad posted in the southcoast mass craigslist....
Please call/email me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the condition of this vehicle.
1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass HARDTOP // 94,200 miles // fully loaded // Body type: Coupe //
Engine: 8 Cylinder // Ext&Int color: Green with White // Transmission: Automatic // Fuel type: Gasoline.
Please call/email me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the condition of this vehicle.

Thought it was too good to be true
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM

yup thats the one. after i found out its a scam, i looked on other city's craigslist and found it with a different story for each one. i sent whoever owns the post about 3 inquiries and got a different story every time. i guess the jerk has been posting it for about 4 or five months now.

anyway, you guys know any sites other than craigslist and ebay to find a good buy?
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:41 PM

here's one that just went up on ebay. what do yall think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item45f3111106