cutlass supreme convertible

Looking for 1993- 1995 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. Lower mileage

Thank you,
Bob H.
Old December 26th, 2017 | 12:10 AM
Olds Collector

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convert

Hello Bob:

I have a 95 Cutlass S convert listed for sale in JWO for $6500. A buddy of mine sold these cars new and I did some research. He said they were quite popular cars back in the day and they sold well. The 90 - 94 models had the seat belts on the doors to give the required passive restraint system. Also in those years they had four bucket seats in many of the cars and not sure if five person seating was available or for which years. In 1995 GM redesigned the dash with two air bags. It seemed a little odd after this effort, GM stopped making the converts after the 95 model year. The same buddy that sold them new told me it was because the third party company that did the convert conversion was close to the Dorian GM plant. Production for the 96 cars was moved and that smaller company could not relocate. So the 1995 Cutlass S is the last Olds convert made.

I wanted the five person seating which I have used over the years a few times. I clearly don't like the seat belts on the doors and so only was serious about the 95 models. Sorry if I am long winded.

They have two engine options: 3.1 V6 and the 3.4 DOHC V6. The 3.4 has great acceleration and with fuel injection and overdrive gets close to 30 MPG on the highway. That depends a little on the driver The 3.4 is a little expensive to maintain requiring every 60 K miles and new timing belt change with about a $1200 dealer charge for the work.

My car is an original no rust California car. It has 157K miles. It is loaded with options: 6 way reclining leather seats, auto, cruise, rear defrost, electric mirrors/locks/windows, CD, tilt, power trunk, rally wheels, etc. I think the timing belt was done at 152K miles. I have the receipt for this and other records since I bought it about 12 years ago at 110K miles. The car has new tires, brakes, water pump, convert top, glass window and hydraulic cylinders to raise the top. It is white with a dark graphite leather interior. I think they all have 4 wheel disk brakes. This option list is quite an upgrade to my 60's converts I drove for many years which makes these cars even more enjoyable because of the features.

I enjoy very much driving this car. It is really fun to drive like it is on rails. I hope you enjoy one one day if your interested in mine or not. I do think they are future collector items especially the 1995 model since they were the last ones made. There is a site on line that lists all the 1995's made and total production for each color combination.

Best Regards, Trent in Los Angeles, California OCA 8952
Old May 1st, 2021 | 05:31 PM

1995 olds cutlass supreme convertible dohc

I have the exact car you're looking for.