Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FS 1961 Super 88 $1USD

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2017, 02:45 PM

FS 1961 Super 88 $1USD

This Olds was my first car that I ever worked on, but I moved to the city and it's just not practical to bring with me. All I want is for this car to go to someone who is going to love it and work on it, even if it's just for resale. It'd break my heart to see it scrapped.

> For sale
> Sale price $1 USD
> Location: Central Oregon, USA
> You must pick up the vehicle!

This vehicle was bought new by my Mother's Godparents and used strictly as a "drive to the grocery store on Sundays" vehicle. It sat for many years before my father began work on it. He found second Super 88 in worse condition and stripped its parts, meaning that I have many duplicates. My father then rebuilt most of it (especially rubber pieces) and used it as a daily driver. Again, it then sat and fell somewhat into disrepair before it was given to me. I've done lots of work like replacing both heads, rebuilding the carb, rebuilding the fuel pump, etc.

The last time I fired it up was several years ago, here is the youtube video I took. Sorry for the low quality, but it shows that it DOES RUN.

When I went out this last winter to start it, it didn't turn over. It could be a bad battery or there's a chance the starter is frozen.

Here are some additional pictures. http://imgur.com/a/BgaYi

If you have questions, want more pics/videos, or any other request for info I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Oh, and I do have the registration, original owner's manual, etc.
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:34 PM

Wow, what a deal if I had space I would drive strait there from California. It's good to have a giving spirit like yourself, my first car I purchased was in similar circumstances but I paid 50$.
Old March 9th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Ancient Olds Lover

One of the most generous and thoughtful offers I've seen in a very long time.......and it's from a gentleman on the other side of the country. AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

I sincerely hope you find someone who appreciates this car as much as you, Sir!

May God Bless you!
Old March 10th, 2017, 09:19 AM

Wow what a deal!
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:48 AM

Re 61

Hey brother, are you got real on the price? If you are I would consider the car and could offer 10 times that of you would assist on loading let me know if this interest you thanks James.