Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FS: '61 F-85 Sedan in Atlanta - $2500 obo

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2011 | 08:51 AM

FS: '61 F-85 Sedan in Atlanta - $1000 obo

I have really enjoyed owning this cool little piece of Olds history but I want more room in the garage to wrench on my '69 Delta 88 Convertible.

Here is a link to the AutoTrader Classics ad:
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...ationId=676362

The good news is that the 215 runs. The Slim Jim transmission is an oddball though and seems to work fine but I have an extra transmission I picked up as a spare that goes with the car. It was converted to an alternator setup.

It is a strangely complete car externally. The trim is all there, bumpers are great, grille intact, and all 4 hub caps. The interior was "customized" though with patriotic fabric everywhere. Definitely different.

It will drive but I'd recommend trailering it as the brakes are not the greatest. I rebuilt the front wheel cylinders and flushed the system, but the rear wheel cylinders could probably use a rebuild as well.

I could go on but the easiest thing would be to PM me and we can talk on the phone. I'm negotiable on the price, especially if it goes to a good home.

Last edited by Oldspowered; June 1st, 2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: price
Old February 14th, 2011 | 01:07 PM

I futzed with the car the other day. It has gotten grumpy for some reason and doesn't want to drive now. Just no power for some reason. Runs, but doesn't have the guts to climb my ski jump driveway. So if you have a trailer and $1500 you can have her. I actually need a riding lawnmower (prefer lawn tractor style), so that plus some cash would do it for me as well.
Old February 17th, 2011 | 06:28 PM

just curious i see you have signed up with the classic car trader thing? are they any good??
Old February 18th, 2011 | 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by the white pearl
just curious i see you have signed up with the classic car trader thing? are they any good??
Funny you ask that. I actually work for them. I'm the editor of Classic Cars & Parts magazine and AutoTraderClassics.com. Great company to work for, really family oriented. This is the first car I've tried to sell through the company, so I don't have much feedback on that yet. I've bought plenty of cars through the magazines in the past though (before I worked here). Beats dealing with the weirdos on Cragislist, that is for sure.
Old April 5th, 2011 | 07:21 AM

Anyone? Bueller?
Old May 27th, 2011 | 01:00 PM

Still got it. How does a grand even sound? Starting to think about just parting it out to make room. Seems like a shame though.