Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Countrys Best, Real 1970 Olds 442 W-30 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Exclamation Countrys Best, Real 1970 Olds 442 W-30 Coupe

1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 Coupe, Once in a lifetime opportunity for a Real and Documented factory built 1970 442-W-30, this is one of 1,032 4 speed w-30s made in 1970 .The car is the factory color: Matador red with black stripes and black interior. I have 2 factory Broadcast cards that document the authenticity of this car, both are very legible,the vin number, body number and W-30 print can be read easily. The car is an original 31632 mile car (documented on the PA title as ("actual miles") that sat locally in Pa since 1982 in an enclosed garage..The prior owner had hopes of fully restoring the car and in 1982 and 1983 bought 100's of NOS items from the local Olds dealerships for this car including but not limited to quarter, door, fenders, deck lid,moldings,emblems, bezels, etc, etc.. When All of those items came with it and were used on this concourse, frame off- rotisserie restoration. Included with the car is all of the receipts for the original NOS parts..This has to be ONE of the most heavily restored cars using NOS parts in the country. Restoration was professionally done by a shop who specializes in all phases of high end classic ,muscle car and custom hot rod builds which are second to none. The car has been for sale 2 times in the past 42 years.

The car retains its original engine,with factory W-455 aluminum intake,original notched valve covers, 7040256 carb which was rebuilt and re-plated to factory specs, original large valve "F" casting heads ,original 1111977 distributor,etc. The car contains its original 1970 Ram Air Air Cleaner that is functional as well. The engine was professionally built by Bill Travato at BTR Performance in Rochester New York, who specializes in building these rocket engines..No expense was spared from this complete professional build. The engine is stock and not modified other than being bored 30 over.. The transmission is the original M-21 4 speed transmission which was sent out and professionally rebuilt.. The original 12 bolt "O" axle 3:91 ratio posi has been fully rebuilt with new clutches,seals,bearings, brakes, and the original brake drums have been restored as well.

The interior has been restored and has the factory black buckets and console with new carpet,seat covers, foam, headliner, etc. The original dash, original 4 spd console, and the U 21 Rally Pac with 31k miles on the speedometer have all survived and are excellent condition..The paint is absolutely perfect and gaps on this car are better than they were from the factory. The hood was in mint condition and is the original steel lined hood with the original screen. The factory stripes were duplicated and measured ,as this car had most of its original paint. The stripes are exact to what the factory had originally painted on them. They are not a stencil kit. To duplicate this paint job you would be in the $15k to $20k range. The 14x7 XT wheels and poverty or dog dish hub caps are matched to 5 new Firestone wide oval bias ply tires, just like the originals. Trunk is finished with the correct mat, bumper jack, tire iron, jacking instructions and optional trunk light.

The frame has been sandblasted,primed with epoxy primer and sprayed with Eastwood’s 2K ceramic chassis black(Satin). These cars had primarily 3 different black paints from the factory according to many of the factory specs from the Olds plant in Lansing MI, so those colors and sheen’s were duplicated as well. New pre -formed brake and fuel lines to the correct size and locations were used. New gas tank,sending unit, straps were installed. Ball joints with factory style rivets were used like the factory had done,Wear bar grooves were duplicated into the front disc brakes, natural color sheen used on center link, tie rods etc...Factory style Spiral shocks and new springs on all 4 corners. Gold zinc disc brake caliper brackets,with silver zinc dust shields were used as well to duplicate the period correct look from the factory. There are 19 miles on this car since the fresh restoration. This is a must see and hear in person vehicle, no disappointments, no excuses. True collectors know these type vehicles are in the holy grail category and come up for sale very rarely. This is someones chance to own one of the best 1970 442 W-30 coupes in the country, bar none. Please come in person, send a third party inspector, OCA Judge, etc .Questions or concerns please call 570-383-7506. More photos of the vehicle are available, just email me if you would like to see the additional pictures that you will be able to click on and view up close. No Disappointments.

http://www.collectorcarnation.com/Ot...html?aid=32795
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM

Wow!
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Olds Nut

its on evilbay
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM

70 w30

Beautiful car... I'll bet he thought it would be a breeze to flip it.
BTW, he told me I could have the car for 50K if I found anything wrong. I promptly said the air cleaner foam is that crappy grey repro stuff.
But I never heard back from him....

Speaking of the foam..someone should repro that funny yellow/cream original crap with the black thick paint on the outside.

Great car...nice job guys.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vader

Speaking of the foam..someone should repro that funny yellow/cream original crap with the black thick paint on the outside.

Great car...nice job guys.
I've been asking about that for years, find it funny that the foam is always grey. Though someone said even the later replacement GM foam was grey but both my foams are the ugly yellow.

Great looking car, unbelievable attention to detail. I'm sure there are a few things different or done with repo parts that aren't exact - foam, oil pressure sending unit, does it have the tcs solenoid, the extra washers under the engine hook or the screen for the heat pipe. Maybe, but even if not, an awesome car for the right person. I'm not sure I could own something that nice, would be afraid to look at it. There are a few out there like this now, definitely give credit to those doing the restoration, I'm not OCD enough to go to that level (or have the funds!!!)!
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM

Darn - that's a great looking Gas Tank Pad in that car....makes the whole package!!!
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

??? I didn't see one Patton. Ohhhh, I get it! So does that mean you get the car for 50K?
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM

Believe me.....it's got one. Look closer. Price just went back up.
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:47 AM

Not knocking the car but best is not quantified.
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:36 AM

I spent a few long nights trying to finish that car correctly.I did my best with what I had.We had 2 weeks from the time it was a painted shell,to the time we had to have it at the show.We made the show.There aren't too many nicer than this one.I promise.
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM

The person who owned that car balked at paying $20 for a console lock.

It was too expensive.....

I thought that was funny considering it was for "the best W30" in the world.
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM

I wouldn't doubt it,but as time went on,he let loose with the funds,and did it right.He originally was not going to do the car this good,but I insisted that it needed to be done one way,and nothing short of it.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Senior Moment Member

That is one of the best I have seen and I have seen some nice ones in my day. Very, very professional resto. I wish I had the 100k and the space you need to correctly show this car the way it is meant to be shown. I'm thinking something like Leno's garage, like that.
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Vader
BTW, he told me I could have the car for 50K if I found anything wrong.
I've never seen the battery to starter cable routed like that. Is that wrong?
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by MX442
I've never seen the battery to starter cable routed like that. Is that wrong?
It is a 4 speed car. The cable goes that way on manual cars because the Z bar for the clutch linkage is in the way to go the other way.