Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

72 H/O Pace Car Vert in Huge Barn Find

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2020, 03:13 PM

72 H/O Pace Car Vert in Huge Barn Find

Just noticed this, going up for auction soon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...anntp#image=17

OK, not really "barn find", more like estate collection kept in barns going up for auction.

Last edited by JohnnyBs68S; April 22nd, 2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 05:46 AM

72 hurstolds convertible

Where is this car at ?
Old April 23rd, 2020, 06:14 AM

I just stumbled across it clicking one of those obnoxious internet slide-shows. Here's another link to the full article. It sounds like the collector doesn't want his ID revealed until the cars are ready for auction. So keep an eye out for an auction posting somewhere.

Barns full of 300 cars including rare Ferraris, Corvettes, and Porsches were hidden for 30 years. Now, the collection is going to auction with a Youtuber's help.

• A 300-car, three-barn find filled with rare and vintage cars — such as Ferraris, Fords, Corvettes, and Lamborghinis — has been unveiled in a YouTube video by Larry Kosilla of AMMO NYC.
  • The cars are all owned by a secret collector, and the majority of them will go up for auction.
  • AMMO NYC currently has 1.35 million subscribers, and as of April 20, the YouTube video tour of one of the barns has 2.2 million views.
  • Kosilla will help preserve some of the cars in the collection.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A 300-car, three-barn find filled with vintage Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Corvettes, and more has been unveiled by YouTuber and car preservationist Larry Kosilla.

The owner of the collection, who preferred to remain anonymous according to Kosilla, allowed the Youtuber to film a tour of one of the barns, as well as the restoration of a Bizzarrini P538 said to be worth almost $1 million. Kosilla then documented a tour of one of the three barns and posted it to his YouTube channel, AMMO NYC, which currently has 1.35 million subscribers.

The video — which was filmed before the coronavirus pandemic — was initially posted on April 10. The video tour has 2.2 million views as of April 20.

It's no surprise the barn find has piqued the interest of millions of viewers. It's filled with rare finds from all across the US and Europe, including cars made by Ferrari, Ford, Oldsmobile, Matra Djet, and Rolls-Royce, to name a few.

Kosilla himself hasn't seen the full collection yet, in part because the coronavirus pandemic has hindered several of his plans to continue viewing and working on the collection.

Read the original article on Business Insider
Old April 23rd, 2020, 04:59 PM

I believe this is the YouTube video. It really is probably the most impressive collection I’ve ever seen in one place. At the end of the video there is one car, I think it’s a Viper, with NY plates so I’m guessing it’s down by NYC.

Old April 24th, 2020, 10:51 AM

WOW, that's some collection. Is this Jay Leno's brother?
Old April 24th, 2020, 04:58 PM

Talk about disposable income, WOW!
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
I believe this is the YouTube video. It really is probably the most impressive collection I’ve ever seen in one place. At the end of the video there is one car, I think it’s a Viper, with NY plates so I’m guessing it’s down by NYC.
Wow, yeah the video is much more impressive than the slide show. Spotted a '74 ('75?) H/O and that GTS Aurora race car in there too. Unbelievable number of cars (and lifts!) in there. It could be a museum if he had about 10 more acres of roof to spread that out under. I did spot plates from other states there, so it might not be in NY.

Mods: sorry for posting this here since it isn't an actual car for sale, feel free to move this thread to a more appropriate section.
Old April 26th, 2020, 08:04 AM

Sure would hate to see a fire in that place with all of the cardboard boxes. Looked like to me some of the boxes were full of premixed gasoline for two cycle engines, around the 26 minute marker.
Old April 26th, 2020, 07:45 PM

That borders on unreal. Loads of super rare rides