Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

'68 Cutlass S Convertible For Sale

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2019, 12:42 PM

'68 Cutlass S Convertible For Sale

SOLD

I posted this a few weeks ago, and updating now (Thanksgiving morning in the US) due to a change of circumstances that increases urgency of selling. I'd still much prefer that the car go to an enthusiast, but will soon find another home for it even if it's not ideal. Which is to say: If you're at all interested, please make me an offer.

Beautiful driver car. It runs great -- fun to drive and turns heads. It has its original 350 Rocket engine. Exterior, interior, engine and systems, undercarriage, accessories and electronics are all in good condition and working order.

This car has always been garage-kept, and has been within the same (non-smoking) family since it came from the factory. Owned by Dad 1968-2015, then by daughter (me) 2015 to present. Well maintained at all times.

It is currently located in Falls Church, Virginia, USA.
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Mileage: ~167,500
  • Dealer-installed air conditioning
  • Kenwood stereo (AM/FM, Cassette) added, with speakers in rear
  • Replaced top in excellent condition
  • Black upholstery is original on back seat and side panels
  • Front seat upholstery has been replaced - now in like-new condition
  • Floor carpets replaced with new black - in like-new condition
  • Original owner's manual is still in the glove compartment! Along with maintenance notes for most of the car's life.
  • Professionally appraised on August 1, 2019 at $25,000
Asking price: $19,000, negotiable

Video at:

Album with additional photos available in my public profile here on Classic Oldsmobile forum.

Last edited by VA68Cutlass; November 29th, 2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old November 12th, 2019, 04:27 PM

Thats a really presentable car. Any rust repairs or repaints over the years?
Thanks
Old November 12th, 2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by shamusj
Thats a really presentable car. Any rust repairs or repaints over the years?
Thanks
Thank you!

No rust repairs. It was repainted once -- I think in the early '90's. The only minor body damage I'm aware of is that it was bumped into on the passenger back fender (very slow moving car hit it while exiting a driveway when Cutlass was parked) so there was slight repair work done. I think this happened back in the '70's. It's not possible to see or feel anything different, but when I had it appraised the guy could tell something had happened because the covering (whatever substance they use to do the repair) was thicker there than the paint on the rest of the car. In the bottom few inches of one of the doors there is some slight unevenness (like bubbling of the paint) that I think is like a minor corrosion or surface rust? Photo below to show what I mean.

Old November 13th, 2019, 01:16 PM

That's pretty normal for these cars. if you see rot in the door corner and bottom of front fender (in picture) - it's probably at the bottom of the quarter panels and possibly around rear wheel openings and inner trunk lip and lower windshield/dash area. Again - totally normal for these cars and seems to be minor compared to many cars I've seen.
Old November 28th, 2019, 05:30 AM

Make an Offer! '68 Cutlass Convertible

I posted the ad below a few weeks ago, and updating now (Thanksgiving morning in the US) due to a change of circumstances that increases urgency of selling. I'd still much prefer that the car go to an enthusiast, but will soon find another home for it even if it's not ideal. Which is to say: If you're at all interested, please make me an offer.

Beautiful driver car. It runs great -- fun to drive and turns heads. It has its original 350 Rocket engine. Exterior, interior, engine and systems, undercarriage, accessories and electronics are all in good condition and working order.

This car has always been garage-kept, and has been within the same (non-smoking) family since it came from the factory. Owned by Dad 1968-2015, then by daughter (me) 2015 to present. Well maintained at all times.

It is currently located in Falls Church, Virginia, USA.
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Mileage: ~167,500
  • Dealer-installed air conditioning
  • Kenwood stereo (AM/FM, Cassette) added, with speakers in rear
  • Replaced top in excellent condition
  • Black upholstery is original on back seat and side panels
  • Front seat upholstery has been replaced - now in like-new condition
  • Floor carpets replaced with new black - in like-new condition
  • Original owner's manual is still in the glove compartment! Along with maintenance notes for most of the car's life.
  • Professionally appraised on August 1, 2019 at $25,000