Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

65 442 Post For Sale / North Texas

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2019, 07:29 AM

65 442 Post For Sale / North Texas

SOLD****SOLD****SOLD****SOLD

I have a 65 442 for sale. It is a post car with no factory options that I know of. It came from the factory with a four speed and ten bolt rear. It will require a total rebuild.

I bought it in 1987 in El Paso, Texas and drove it back to the DFW area. It was my daily driver until 1992 when I traded it off. I tried to get it back numerous times then lost track of it. By chance I ran across it on line and brought back home. It was a shell when I got it back with the drive train missing. Since then I have been collecting parts which included a parts car to get the correct engine. The plan was to put it back together and enjoy it once again but.... You've heard this story before so I will end the soap box here.

Details:
Body needs rear lower quarters, trunk floor (I have a new floor for it) and a few small holes in the front windshield channel need repaired.

Drive Train: Correct 400 (not locked up), missing transmission, rear end is a BOP 12 bolt of origins I do not know.

Interior: Dash complete but cracked, buckets and rear seat need redone, door cards need replaced, no carpet. Total interior restoration needed.

Most of the trim is in fair condition, I pulled and bagged all the hardware that I could off the parts car, all the glass is showing its age.

For more details please email me at casper428@sbcglobal.net.

Asking: $4,500.00

Last edited by FTW65W29; September 27th, 2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Sold
Old September 15th, 2019, 03:45 PM

Hi/ So motor sounds like it needs rebuilding ,needs correct munce M21, do you have the linkage and bell housing and how about center console? you got front and back seats, Glass, all the trim? head light bezzels , grill, hood, hows the suspension? probably needs ball joints, bushings etc, etc. How bad are the quarters? is it just the bottom sides in the trunk couse the pics you show look pretty good. As for the engine is it compleat, { all there } ? Is it drum brakes all around or has it been converted to power brakes yet. Fill me in more if you could as i'm very interisted. Thank you
Old September 16th, 2019, 06:43 AM

Yes the motor needs rebuilt and is complete. I have the correct valve covers, intake and a 4 jet carburetor (not sure on the carb part number) I have the bell housing, pedals but no linkage. It did not come from the factory with a console. Yes front (from parts car) and back seats but need recovered. Yes on the trim which includes the following extras: B-Pillar, F-85 rear bars and hood trim (needs re-chroming). Glass all but no windshield. Yes to the headlight bezels, hood, grill and (bumpers not perfect). I cant say how good the suspension is as I have not driven it since 1992. At that time is was fine. The quarters will need to be replaced approx 4 to 5 inches up (I have usable replacement pieces). Drum brakes at all corners and not power.

I have reference photos that I took when I stripped a parts car. I will include both factory repair manuals.

Any other questions feel free to ask.