Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1984 Hurst Olds w/Lightening Rod Shifters

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM

1984 Hurst Olds w/Lightening Rod Shifters

Hi All
A buddy of mine wants to sell this car and she has it listed on the Portland Craigslist. I'm attaching a link to that post plus adding a couple additional photos not on the Craigslist ad. Carla is a standup person and I'd have no problem purchasing a car from her. If you have any questions your welcome to contact me or call her direct. For those of you in the Pacific Northwest the car is located in Eugene Oregon. John

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3209407202.html

"1984 HURST OLDSMOBILE DRIVE IT HOME!!!!!!!!! #233 DOWN THE ASSEMBLE LINE ,2000 MILES ON "VERY STRONG" 307 ENGINE AND CARB,.PER WINDOWAA ND DOOR LOCK ,AC AM-FM CASSETTE GRAPHIC EQUALIZER, EVERYTHING WORKS FULL SIZE SPARE, LOTS OF PAPER WORK, BACK ISSUES OF HURST OLDS CLUB THUNDER AND LIGHTNING, NOS PARTS-TAIL LIGHTS, MARKER LIGHTS, TURN SIGNAL LENSES, DOOR DECALS,HURST FRONT LICENSE PLATE LOTS OF USED HURST PARTS,FULL SIZE COVER CALL FOR MORE PICS OR DETAILS PHONE OR TEXT ONLY NO EMAILS 503 341 7553"

I just realized I missed adding the price to this thread. Carla's asking $8,200

DSCN1597.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

John, that's an amazing looking car. Is it still wearing original paint? It looks so perfect!!
Old August 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by Allan R
John, that's an amazing looking car. Is it still wearing original paint? It looks so perfect!!
Yup, that is a very good looking car.Are those the orig rims?
And it has the mud flaps Allan
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:23 AM

I agree its a very nice looking car. I'm not sure if it's been repainted or not, I'll ask Carla. Alan, you could fly down and drive it home! These vintage of cars are very nice to drive.

Ted, I think those are the correct rims and believe they're 15X7's

John
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Wonderful looking car - nice price, too! Keep it out of sight when I visit Oregon this fall...
Is this the same Carla I have been restoring electrical parts for? If so, then I would not hesitate buying from her either!
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Why is the spoiler and hood scoop black??? Also where is the red pinstripe on the mag wheels?
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by RALLYE KID
Why is the spoiler and hood scoop black??? Also where is the red pinstripe on the mag wheels?
I talked with the owner and she said there are some cars documented with the spoiler and scoop painted black. She saw one at the Nationals in Colorado and liked the look, then had hers painted that way. Speculation is that some dealers may have done this to make them stand out more. The orange stripes on the wheels were removed as she thought it looked better without them. In addition she told me the front seats have been recovered with a material thats very similar but not a perfect match to what's factory.

Carla has tons of paperwork on this car and verified it as being number 233 sold in Apple Valley California. It appears to have stayed in a dry climate as there's no rust issues. She's also going to check the reciepts from the shop that rebuilt the engine and let me know what they did to the internals.

Rob, yes this is the same Carla that your restoring the electrical parts for. She had planned to keep the Hurst Olds until she found the 1970 Cutlass convertible that she's now restoring. Her 1970 hardtop is fully restored so she'll have a matched set of 1970's when she's done.

John
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Ah remember these cars new on the show room floor and never seen one with a black wing and hood scoop before. Maybe some one from the Hurst olds club will chime in.
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM

I'm by no means and expert on these cars. Carla said it was someone in the Hurst Olds club that speculated some dealers did the black paint to highlight them. I do think it looks nice as the bottom part of the car is also black. If someone wanted to repaint them silver and add the wheel stripes it shouldn't be too difficult.

John
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:26 PM

Don't get me wrong its a very nice car.
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by 2blu442
I talked with the owner and she said there are some cars documented with the spoiler and scoop painted black. She saw one at the Nationals in Colorado and liked the look, then had hers painted that way. Speculation is that some dealers may have done this to make them stand out more. The orange stripes on the wheels were removed as she thought it looked better without them. In addition she told me the front seats have been recovered with a material thats very similar but not a perfect match to what's factory.

Carla has tons of paperwork on this car and verified it as being number 233 sold in Apple Valley California. It appears to have stayed in a dry climate as there's no rust issues. She's also going to check the reciepts from the shop that rebuilt the engine and let me know what they did to the internals.

Rob, yes this is the same Carla that your restoring the electrical parts for. She had planned to keep the Hurst Olds until she found the 1970 Cutlass convertible that she's now restoring. Her 1970 hardtop is fully restored so she'll have a matched set of 1970's when she's done.

John
I like the way Carla thinks! Never enough 70's
Old August 27th, 2012, 05:00 AM

Awewsome car! I like the black scoop and spoiler...
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Steve

I owned one of these and loved it. Was on a business trip to Phoenix, Az. and stopped by an Olds dealer just to kill some time. They had one left and I bought it on the spot. Cancelled my airline ticket and drove it back home to Virginia.

I seriously doubt any came with the black spoiler and scoop, but to each their own. If I recall correctly, there were 3001 or 2 (some odd number like that) made.

The car had a huge front sway bar and handled great but it was underpowered by a lot.

I put somewhere around 125,000 problem free miles on mine when the crank in the engine broke on a trip back from Daytona. It was a clean break behind the rear journal and still ran fine once you got it started. But when trying to start it it would free-wheel as if no plugs were in it...when the two pices of the crank finally lined up correctly it would fire up and run as if nothing was wrong. Something I'd never ever experienced before.

Sold it to my engine builder for my race motors and he wedged an Olds rocket 350 in it. He still has the car and now its got some pick up and go to match the handling.