Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1984 Delta 88 Royale 10,837 original miles!

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM

1984 Delta 88 Royale 10,837 original miles!

I'm selling my 1984 Olds Delta 88 2 dr Royale with 10,836 original documented miles to fund my '69 Cutlass conv. project. Maroon with maroon velour interior, this car looks and drives as new. Still has original Uniroyal tires, though I'll be having 4 new Uniroyals installed before it sells. A friend's mother purchased it in July of '84 and used it sparingly until she stopped driving in 2001. Never driven in snow, always garaged, never taken out in the rain, but may have been caught in the rain while out shopping. She kept a log of every drop of gas purchased(as well as miles travelled and cost), as well as all service receipts. In the 17 years that she drove, she had the oil changed every year. One year she only put on 400 miles. It received Waxoyl protection (undercoat) at time of original purchase. The 307 V8 runs as new, and the tranny shift like new, although I replaced the battery. The body is rust-free, and paint looks great. There is some very slight lacquer checking on the roof, but still looks nice. The maroon vinyl landau top is as new and is nice and soft. She had scraped the front right fender pulling out of the garage, but her son had it repaired as well as had the hood repainted professionally due to lacquer checking. The interior has absolutely NO fading and still smells as new. It looks as if NOBODY ever sat in the rear seat. The trunk looks showroom clean, and the jack and spare have never been removed from the car. There is no a/c, no cruise control, only options were power antenna for am/fm radio and rear window defrost. I will post some photos in the next day or so, as words do not do this car justice. I'm asking $6500. Car is located 1 hour north of Albany, NY. I can deliver in the Northeast for a reasonable fee, and will be heading south down I-95 to South Carolina in early April, so I can deliver along the way for a reasonable fee. Feel free to email with any questions.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:19 AM

Here's a link to some photos of the Olds... I'll add some more later in the day. Just click the photo...

Open to reasonable offers.
Thanks,
Andrew
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM

nice car but in all fairness the car is only worth $2000-$2600. you have to remember all the seals and all the hoses and all the mechanical parts are 23 years old and if you start really driving it,it is going to turn in to a money pit because things are going to start breaking and leaking. Good luck with selling it at that price.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Hi
It’s really a beautiful car.
Good luck with the sale.
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:39 PM

Thanks, pontchief... I'd love to keep it, but there are just too many in the stable, so to speak. There has been a tremendous interest in this Olds. Sully, I appreciate your thoughts on the rubber parts and seals. The first thing I did was replace the rubber brake hoses, belts and hoses. She runs like news and there are no leaks or drips. I do believe it's worth more than $2600, and I think I'm asking a fair price.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old March 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM

You have nice car for sale the price you want seems high to me. I purchased 1984 olds 98 2dr coupe from original owners daughter three years ago with 36000 miles for $3900. The owner also had 1969 98 for sale at same time. There are quite a few low mileage Oldsmobiles full size cars for sale the original owners are getting old . Good luck on your price