Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham 11K origina miles

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM

1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham 11K origina miles

This is a Firethorn Red '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham with ONLY 11,500 documented original miles. The only thing that's not original are the new tires. The car was Ziebart rust protected when new.

I have a full 13 minute video and test-drive of the car posted on youtube here:
I shot and edited this video last year, but never got around to listing the car for sale. The car has been driven probably 25 or 30 miles since the video was shot. It remains garaged, and is exactly as you see in the video.

It's really in amazing condition. The car is in Nashville, TN. My phone number is (615) 830-5400.

I'd like to get around $12K for the car.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2012-09-21 16.50.14.jpg (106.5 KB, 154 views)
2012-09-21 16.44.32.jpg (57.8 KB, 139 views)
2012-09-21 16.38.47.jpg (77.9 KB, 157 views)
2012-09-21 16.41.36.jpg (87.3 KB, 145 views)
2012-09-21 16.36.35.jpg (110.6 KB, 165 views)
Old January 11th, 2014, 03:29 PM

Very sharp and nice example of the '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Wow, this is the first time I've seen a Framingham car...especially a '73-'77 Colonnade car! That's pretty cool.

The Buckskin Lancelot Velour interior and Firethorn (code 36) paint (even with the noted blemishes) looks fantastic, especially the dash pad! Attribute that to the original Owner choosing to drive his Cadillac as his daily driver and the Cutlass "shi...sitting" in the garage.

The Indy 500 FireHawk raised letter tires look nice on this car. Based on the non factory spare tire, were the previous set of tires a matching set of white walls too (unlike most, I actually like the white wall look as well)? I understand the hazards and safety aspects of driving on originals tires that are well over 36 years old but did you or the previous owner keep them considering the low mileage and originality?

Due to the sunlight casting on the car, are the stripes white or buckskin? Same question for the vinyl top, white or buckskin?

Does the AC work as it should?

What Documentation comes with the car?

Do you have additional detailed photos of the car, including the engine bay and trim tag?

As stated, it does have some imperfections but it's only original once.
Old January 11th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Hookers under Hood

Very nice car, very nice shape.
Old January 11th, 2014, 05:37 PM

Very nice example of the last of it's breed. No wonder the Cutlass was the best selling car in America.

Besides the fact that this fantastic Cutlass has extremely low mileage, it seems that the claims by Ziebart in it's day were true, as many of the Ziebart applied cars are in much better condition than the those without it.
Old January 12th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by macrover
Very sharp and nice example of the '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Wow, this is the first time I've seen a Framingham car...especially a '73-'77 Colonnade car! That's pretty cool.

The Buckskin Lancelot Velour interior and Firethorn (code 36) paint (even with the noted blemishes) looks fantastic, especially the dash pad! Attribute that to the original Owner choosing to drive his Cadillac as his daily driver and the Cutlass "shi...sitting" in the garage.

The Indy 500 FireHawk raised letter tires look nice on this car. Based on the non factory spare tire, were the previous set of tires a matching set of white walls too (unlike most, I actually like the white wall look as well)? I understand the hazards and safety aspects of driving on originals tires that are well over 36 years old but did you or the previous owner keep them considering the low mileage and originality?

Due to the sunlight casting on the car, are the stripes white or buckskin? Same question for the vinyl top, white or buckskin?

Does the AC work as it should?

What Documentation comes with the car?

Do you have additional detailed photos of the car, including the engine bay and trim tag?

As stated, it does have some imperfections but it's only original once.
Thanks for the notes on the car. The landau roof, and striping are both the light tan, beige (doeskin type color).

When I bought the car, it did have the original whitewall tires. I just didn't feel safe with them, and so I had them replaced.

The AC does work as it should. Though I think it probably needs a recharging. The air is cool, but not cold.

This is one of 12 different cars I own, and it is stored away from our home. I'll try to head out and take pictures of the trim tag.

As for documentation, I have the notarized affidavit I received when I purchased the car. It details the reasons for the low mileage, as well as the history of the car. It was owned by an elderly gentleman who had a strong emotional attachment to the car. That's why he chose to keep it garaged, and to drive it sparingly. After his passing, it was inherited by his son. That's the man I bought it from. I've driven the car roughly 400-500 miles since I purchased it.

In addition to the tires, I did replace the battery with a new Sears battery.

This is really a terrific car.

Thanks again for your interest.

Old January 17th, 2014, 05:56 PM

Do you all think I'm in the ballpark asking $12K for this? I'm really shooting in the dark on this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Administrator

It needs someone to fall in love, you just never know. But you have to start somewhere. It's an out of the ordinary car, if it had normal miles and maintenance it might be worth somewhere between $4-8k. You have one with 11.5k documented miles and original. It just doesn't have a value other than what someone is willing to stroke a check for.
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by texaninla
Do you all think I'm in the ballpark asking $12K for this? I'm really shooting in the dark on this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
My opinion is that you are right on the money with your price. Will take some time to find the right buyer but the money is right. I have seen a couple in this condition sell in this price range. The Ziebart will hurt it a little but still think you have the right price. If it were Blue with no landau roof my dad would likely buy it for that price.
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM

The color combo on that car is excellent. Very classy.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Thanks to everyone on the input regarding price. With that, I've moved forward and listed the car on eBay. The listing also shows the notarized statement of history I received when I bought it. If you're interested, here's the link. Thanks again!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-C...US_Cars_Trucks
Old January 20th, 2014, 07:15 AM

Wow it's amazing how well kept this car is. I don't think it could possibly get much better. NADA has this car estimated at 17,812 with a 350 and a/c, with an average retail of 10,687. In it's amazing condition I would think this is at the higher end of those two numbers. I wouldnt budge from 12k. Good luck with your sale.
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:14 PM

Terrific input. Thanks! I've been amazed. In one day is collected nearly 20 bids and popped over $9K. So, fingers are crossed. You all have been tremendous help. Thank you so much!