Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1977 Cutlass Supreme

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2022, 02:05 PM

1977 Cutlass Supreme

Not Mine 77 Cutlass Supreme only 97 miles $26,995 sampiercechevy.com
Old June 23rd, 2022, 07:36 PM

Sam Pierce Chevrolet has some older low mile cars. Currently they have 4 Oldsmobile's: 79 Cutlass 5k miles, 77 Cutlass Supreme 84 miles, 83 98 with 31K miles and a 84 Tornado with 22K miles.

Sam Pierce Used inventory 1953-1987

Old June 23rd, 2022, 08:31 PM
Banned

Is this post a dealer ad??
27k for a 77 Cutlass?? Puff puff pass
Old June 23rd, 2022, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Where are you going to find another one with 94 miles??? Doesn't the extreme low miles warrant a premium?
It's up to the buyer to determine if they are willing to pay that premium or negotiate a better price.

Old June 24th, 2022, 06:07 AM

Guess you didn't read the whole ad....
Old June 24th, 2022, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oldsmbl
Guess you didn't read the whole ad....
All I get is vague bs. I couldn't find n actual discription of the car. Sure it is a nice car. What would you do with it? Can't drive it. Looks like a dealer that specializes in over priced older cars. You can pick up an 84 Toronado for 25 grand while you are at it. 👍
Old June 24th, 2022, 08:38 AM

All I get is vague bs. I couldn't find n actual discription of the car. Sure it is a nice car. What would you do with it? Can't drive it. Looks like a dealer that specializes in over priced older cars. You can pick up an 84 Toronado for 25 grand while you are at it. 👍
Why can't you drive it? 27K is less than buying a brand new car. Average new car price is now 47K. Does that mean if you buy a new car for 47K you can't drive it either?
Old June 24th, 2022, 08:54 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by v8al
Why can't you drive it? 27K is less than buying a brand new car. Average new car price is now 47K. Does that mean if you buy a new car for 47K you can't drive it either?
This.

Of course to make the car roadworthy you'll probably need to do the brakes, replace all the soft parts, change all fluids, replace the tires, muffler and battery along with attending to a number of other things that result from a car sitting for the better part of four decades that are so numerous I can't even think of them right now.
Old June 24th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Banned

Duh...
Because the reason they want so much is because of the low miles. Once you start putting Miles on it it just becomes another Cutlass.
Like I said look at their cars. They are all overpriced whatever's. 27 grand would be a hard pull for a 77 442 let alone a Cutlass.
Good luck with the sale. Thanks for showing yet another dealer to avoid. 👍
Old June 24th, 2022, 11:33 AM

Duh...
Because the reason they want so much is because of the low miles. Once you start putting Miles on it it just becomes another Cutlass.
Like I said look at their cars. They are all overpriced whatever's. 27 grand would be a hard pull for a 77 442 let alone a Cutlass.
Good luck with the sale. Thanks for showing yet another dealer to avoid. 👍
You could put 10K on this car and it still wouldn't be just another Cutlass. It would be a Cutlass with 10,094 miles. Still worth more than "another Cutlass"

NADA differs with you on value.

Old June 24th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

Do you work for them?

Find One person that will pay 27k for a 77 Cutlass. One. Like I said it isn't even a 442. Every single car on their for sale list is crazy over priced. Someone wants to go throw money away go do it.

The analogy of if you spent 45k for a newer would you drive it? Of course you would. That's why you bought it. Modern everything. 27 k for a car that supposedly has less than 1000 original miles. You devalue the car with every mile you put on it. Their selling point Is oh look it has super low miles. It is still a yellow on yellow 77 Cutlass. Hey if you can get 27 grand more power to you. Would that be a knowledgeable Oldsmobile buyer? My guess is absolutely not.
Old June 24th, 2022, 11:59 AM

Nope - I don't work for them.

I get that you don't like the prices that people are asking for cars now.
In other threads you complain that people are going to pay big bucks for a car they will never drive.
Now here you are saying that you can't buy this car and drive it because you will devalue it. Which is it?

Somewhere in the Oldsmobile community there is someone who owns/collects/values 1977 Oldsmobile's and I suspect this vehicle would interest them.
Old June 24th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Banned

Ha ha. That's funny. Which is it?

Huge difference between someone buying a fully restored 70 W-30 etc and a 77 mass production Cutlass. Hell how many late model Hurst Olds' could you get for half that? You are dead on correct that I will never buy a car that I can't drive. I just don't see the point.

Tell me One single Oldsmobile fan that says 27 grand is a good deal for that car. Hell look at their website. You can't say one car on it isn't overpriced. That's the joy of dealers. It is a super nice car. Might Might be worth 12k.

Last edited by no1oldsfan; June 24th, 2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old June 24th, 2022, 05:17 PM
Banned

v8al how does supporting crazy stupid high asking prices support a good Oldsmobile faithful community??

The people that support stupid money for cars not worth it blow me away. What the ....
Old June 24th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Rocket Renegade!

v8al how does supporting crazy stupid high asking prices support a good Oldsmobile faithful community??
The people that support stupid money for cars not worth it blow me away. What the ....
So what's your solution? Old Car Price Controls? Ever hear of a free market? Do you want to live in a country where the government has to approve the terms before you can offer your car for sale? I'm sorry you've been priced out of the market or whatever your problem is, but the prices are what they are and no amount of bitching and moaning will change that.

Anyway, we've got a massive recession coming, so that should cheer you up.
Old June 24th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Banned

I love how you changed your user name. Total punk move.

My solution? I have kept saying it and I will always stick to it. You want to be a fool that pays too much. Go do it.
Old June 24th, 2022, 06:59 PM
Rocket Renegade!

I have kept saying it and I will always stick to it.
Ad nauseum, apparently.

And very clever of you to figure out my scheme. Can't slip one by you! You've probably already guessed that my objective is to establish as many identities on this site as possible in order to tell you what an idiot you are in many very loud voices.
Old June 24th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Banned

i love how you changed your user name. Total punk move.
🍑
Old June 24th, 2022, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BangScreech4-4-2
Ad nauseum, apparently.

And very clever of you to figure out my scheme. Can't slip one by you! You've probably already guessed that my objective is to establish as many identities on this site as possible in order to tell you what an idiot you are in many very loud voices.
You don't sound like a dumbass at all do you?...

Wait what's your other name? Why did you change it ..

Not sure which you need more of is it salt or vinegar... They let you choose. You got this.👍

Old June 24th, 2022, 10:10 PM
Rocket Renegade!

You don't sound like a dumbass at all do you?...

Wait what's your other name? Why did you change it ..

Not sure which you need more of is it salt or vinegar... They let you choose. You got this.👍
I'm sorry your life didn't work out the way you hoped it would.
Old June 24th, 2022, 10:11 PM
Banned

Ad nauseum, apparently.

What do you bring to this website? What is the last topic of discussion have you ever brought up? You talk mad crap and then change your name. You are a B Bro.
Old June 24th, 2022, 10:14 PM
Banned

I'm sorry your life didn't work out the way you hoped it would.
Don't deflect on me. Your insecurities not mine. Sleep well. Hope your woman gives you good loving tonight. Oh wait....

Is that a left or a right?...🤔

Last edited by no1oldsfan; June 24th, 2022 at 10:16 PM.
Old June 24th, 2022, 10:15 PM
Banned

You changed you user name here why?
Old June 25th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Rocket Renegade!

You changed you user name here why?
I'll give you an honest answer devoid of the trash talk you love so much, if you're really so interested. Due to household internet problems, we had to switch from Chrome to Firefox. My CO password wouldn't work and the site wouldn't allow me to access a new one. Still don't know why. Anyway, I established a new identity and avatar and then, through it, contacted an admin to tell him what had happened. He blended the two appearances and allowed me to keep the new name, which, it turned out, I liked better.

Nothing sinister.
Old June 25th, 2022, 09:13 PM
Banned

I'll give you an honest answer devoid of the trash talk you love so much, if you're really so interested. Due to household internet problems, we had to switch from Chrome to Firefox. My CO password wouldn't work and the site wouldn't allow me to access a new one. Still don't know why. Anyway, I established a new identity and avatar and then, through it, contacted an admin to tell him what had happened. He blended the two appearances and allowed me to keep the new name, which, it turned out, I liked better.

Nothing sinister.
Whatever. You are a B. People knew you for your stupid takes. Then you changed your name. Punk move.

Keep going. You got this.
Old June 25th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

If I were a moderator I would close this thread. There is nothing constructive going on here. Drop the pissing contest and move on.
Old June 25th, 2022, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redoldsman
If I were a moderator I would close this thread. There is nothing constructive going on here. Drop the pissing contest and move on.
I agree. Total pissing match. Bungshift has no life. No woman.

Let's keep talking about the absolutely stupid crazy asking price. Every single one of their cars. Fools go Oh sweet. Let's overpay.

Call it thirty Grand. Really?
Old June 26th, 2022, 06:06 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Close the thread before this ******* gets back on his hobbyhorse. There should be some penalty for drunk posting.
Old June 26th, 2022, 07:29 AM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

There should be some penalty for drunk posting.

Then where would we look for our entertainment?

The two going at one another in this thread are probably the nicest individuals in person one would want to meet, but not when they are behind a keyboard.....
Old June 26th, 2022, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by v8al
You could put 10K on this car and it still wouldn't be just another Cutlass. It would be a Cutlass with 10,094 miles. Still worth more than "another Cutlass"

NADA differs with you on value.
I must have missed something. When did Olds offer a 305 in a 77 Cutlass?
Old June 26th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by deaddds
I must have missed something. When did Olds offer a 305 in a 77 Cutlass?
Evidently, there was a shortage of available Olds engines for installation on the line resulting in the dawn of the corporate policy of engine sharing at GM (not that there hadn't been earlier instances). I've definitely heard of B-bodies manufactured with Chevy 350s, so a 305 in a Cutlass wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old June 26th, 2022, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by tnswt
The two going at one another in this thread are probably the nicest individuals in person one would want to meet, but not when they are behind a keyboard.....
Nature of the beast, looks, gestures, and snide comments, generally get sensible people to back off in real life when face to face.

When it comes to social media you only have one of those 3 weapons. And that weapon often gets overused.

I side with no1oldsfan on this subject. Dealership's like that are impressive to the lesser informed. To me I would hope there is a website like this that calls bullshit bullshit.

Those cars are way overpriced. Regardless of what Nada says. I've been buying used cars since the 1980s. Trust us the dealership is the one that gets a good or fair deal aquiring these cars not us ...

(Continued)
Old June 26th, 2022, 12:13 PM

Unlike a new car dealer, where they have a lock on the only way to aquire a new car. Used car buyers have options.

And if that doesn't matter to you go for it. But understand the more that happens. The more us sensible buyers have to pay more than we should as well. So there will always be some chirping in opposition...

Now yes if a said used car dealership has something extremely special. I could understand overpaying to a certain extent. But for Christ's sake a 1977 dime a dozen Cutlass is not one of them. And please don't harp on mileage with cars that zero out after 99,999. I have personally purchased mint 100,000 mile + cars. And even if the mileage is legit. It's way under what is recommended for a vehicle to have been properly maintained for 45 years.

Ignoring what seasoned buyers learned long ago. Hurts us all in the end.

(Continued)
Old June 26th, 2022, 12:20 PM

Take a look at this completed sale on eBay. The green 77 on the bottom has 88,000 miles and the car is mint. If it had 12,000 more miles it would still be mint ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13408210084...MAAOSw3yliH7go
Old June 26th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Rocket Renegade!

The fact remains, though, that the market is what it is and there's nothing anybody can do about it other than get used to it. As they used to tell us in the investment business, "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:36 AM

I just bought a 77 Supreme w/ a 350, bench seat, column shift, that is straight, pretty much rust free and runs for $450. It is missing some trim and the interior is rough and it needs what any 45 year old car should need...and thats why I like it. I know that it has actually had some life on the streets and is a survivor, like all the other Olds I have had. If I had $27,000 to throw into it to make it pristine, that'd be nice, but I'd still drive it and it would increase in value to me with every mile I put on it. As it is, I'm going to fix what I can, when I can and drive it as often as I can, loving every minute of it. Here it is: