Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1973 Oldsmobile Omega with '68 rocket 350, needs rebuild, Vancouver BC, 2500

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2017, 06:10 PM

1973 Oldsmobile Omega with '68 rocket 350, needs rebuild, Vancouver BC, 2500

Really dont want to part with this car, but im starting to doubt me having the time and energy to do a rebuild on it, while putting it in storage somewhere, as I'm currently trying to move out to my first place, I dont have room for it and also want a vehicle I can move with, also I have my 81 626 as a fun daily driver/project that I really like, even though itsn ot as cool as the olds, and I don't want to drive it in the salt this winter and also want a 4 wheel drive.

Primariyl interested in older V8 Ram chargers, Blazers, Broncos, 4 runners, something with an enclosed back for my move, and something that starts, stops, steers, heater and four wheel drive works, don't care if it needs a bit of work or isnt too pretty. either straight trade or also some cash on your end.

Car is a 1973 Oldsmobile omega with a 1969 Rocket 350, this is the second best Rocket 350 ever made only better is this motor with a W30 package, has a 390 lb ft or torque and 315 hp, this will kick the **** out of any Chevy 350 and is worth rebuilding, full rebuild kits start at around 400 us from Northern auto Parts and can be upgraded with better parts if you want. I also know someone with a nearly 70s Delta 88 convertible with a 455 big block that is a direct bolt in as they share the same block. tranny is strong buick/olds/pontiac turbo 350 (NOT THE SAME AS CHEVY 350), has 3.08 open diff.
What the car needs:
engine needs full rebuild, was severely overheated when I blew a rad hose from unknown HG issue then overheated it trying to get it home, engine ran with 30 compression on 4 cyls, did the HGs and car wouldnt run after that, Im guessing head issues or I fucked something up doing the HGs.
- Needs front springs and front end work/alingment etc, I have a set of brand new in the box hotchkiss lowering springs I bought the day the car blew up ill throw in for a bit extra.
-Brake booster is shot and leaks vacuum, I just capped it off and drove it with manual brakes so it wouldnt idle bad on the brakes
-Needs rear springs.
-Front subframe is super solid, rear subframe is rusty but nowhere near the point of being a problem yet, but will be if not undercoated fairly soon, I started doing it myself but ran out of steam after doing a bit of it.
-filler neck has a leak I think, you can smell gas if you drive up a steep hill with lots of gas in the tank.
-Rear window leaks at top corners, front window just got a very tiny leak at the top center, I just left these as I wanted to wait to fix it properly as I didnt want water running into the body, I bought the trim popper tool and was going to seal the back window again under the trim but never got around to ti when the weather was good as the engine blew up early summer
-Body is very good except for typical small dings and small tiny bits of rust here and there, however I got a dent in the drivers side fender due to the a stupid driver a couple years ago, theres good fenders available from wreckers on car-part.com
-I have a shoebox full of receipts for TONs of new parts put into this car, this was my only car for 4 or 5 years and my daily for the last 2 or so. Has new brake M/C, drums all around, shoes all around, new front wheel cylinders, just needs the booster to be perfect really, new front shocks, rebuilt carb, new coil, points, condenser, plugs, plug wires etc, brand new rad really too much stuff to list off the top of my head without looking at the car to remind me.
This is my baby and I probably wouldnt be off heroin if I didnt have this car to motivate me to get clean, but sadly I think tis time to see it go at least for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
00J0J_aLv9n6XoC7u_1200x900.jpg (125.1 KB, 25 views)
01313_fEEB4Ws425V_1200x900.jpg (161.9 KB, 14 views)
00S0S_hwDwGcu4cYp_1200x900.jpg (106.6 KB, 14 views)
00Y0Y_1WYo7bQoeE4_1200x900.jpg (125.7 KB, 13 views)
00S0S_8NTUppiXy0P_1200x900.jpg (114.9 KB, 15 views)
00H0H_9gsGF6YcAg6_1200x900.jpg (98.5 KB, 14 views)