Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire - Cali

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2020, 07:16 PM

1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire - Cali

Not mine but on craigslist: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...117164524.html
Decided to attach all the details because once the craigslist listing goes down there's no record of what people are talking about.

1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire

1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire. Very rare car.. most people have never seen or heard of this amazing car . It is estimated that there are approximately 20 known to exist with the original methanol injected Turbo charger in tact/ functioning . Most of the turbos were removed by dealerships during recalls in the mid to late 1960’s. There are several articles on line by Hagerty / Hemmings detailing the rarity of the car, as well as how the turbos functioned .

Details: original SO Cal car, built in the South Gate plant . 215 CI all aluminum V8 (block/ intake/ heads). Air Research Turbo charger . The turbo is not functioning and needs to be rebuilt. Hydromatic trans (auto), 71k original miles. Car runs and has been driven a short distance. There is a trans leak (front seal) , So I haven’t driven it much since I got it running . Rare factory optioned car, AC, power drivers seat and power windows (seat and windows work). Original window sticker, Protecto plate , sales contract and lots of other documentation on the car. No rust . Great patina . This car would make an excellent candidate for restoration or ? Again, this car is rare . Search the internet and you’ll see they rarely come up for sale. When they do, they are restored cars and sell for 40-60K. I have attached a photo of the NADA value on the car, with the factory options. Clear title/ registration in my name , original black/gold 63 plates. Asking $20,000. Negotiable, but I’m in no hurry to sell. I don’t need help selling the car . Call or text with any additional questions. Feel free to search the internet for another, you’ll see that they just don’t come up for sale.

Old May 2nd, 2020, 03:38 AM

Very worthy car of a restoration. He says Negotiable and had better be at that price. Without a working turbo and needing restored, these cars just don't bring that kind of money. I have pictures of this cars documentation and for sure is one of the best documented Jetfire's out there but still going to be difficult to get over $10K
Old May 2nd, 2020, 05:50 AM
Old(s) Fart

Any time someone posts a copy of some old car price guide in their ad, you know it isn't going to be cheap. At $20K, it will be for sale for a long time.