Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1961 Oldsmobile Super 88 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2023, 04:38 PM
CIM

1961 Oldsmobile Super 88 Convertible

My father collected and restored Oldsmobile's, this vehicle is one of 4 of his cars I will be posting for sale. 1961 Oldsmobile Super 88 Convertible. Project car, need to be completed.

Everything mechanically is NEW - Runs great! New motor - 0 miles. Interior needs to be completed, have interior material NEW in boxes. $15,000

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them.
Old January 10th, 2023, 05:33 PM
KVP

Interior question, etc.

Originally Posted by CIM
My father collected and restored Oldsmobile's, this vehicle is one of 4 of his cars I will be posting for sale. 1961 Oldsmobile Super 88 Convertible. Project car, need to be completed.

Everything mechanically is NEW - Runs great! New motor - 0 miles. Interior needs to be completed, have interior material NEW in boxes. $15,000

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them.
Would it be correct to assume that the seats and interior panels all need recovering and that the interior material is in need of a skilled upholsterer to cut, sew and fit to the existing seats and trim panels? Also assuming that the pictured seat is just for the purpose of moving the vehicle. What is the condition of the convertible top and the exterior paint? Thanks for any info that you are able to provide>
Keith

Old January 12th, 2023, 03:42 PM
CIM

I have the material in the boxes, I think everything is already cut and sewn to fit seats and panels...I will open the boxes and get back to you on that. The pictured seat is just for the purpose of moving the vehicle. I have many shelves of Oldsmobile parts and believe the top frame I have belongs to the 61...just need the convertible top. The exterior paint is new, we picked up the car from the paint shop 2 weeks after my father passed away. Everything on this car is NEW...just needs to be completed. If you are interested in this vehicle, I can connect you to my uncle who can give you all the details and answer any other questions you may have. I also have a 61 Olds 88 parts car that goes with the sale. Thanks

Last edited by CIM; January 12th, 2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old January 14th, 2023, 04:28 PM
KVP

Thanks for the additional information. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I've been looking for a '61 Olds, having driven my parent's during my high school years. A project car would be acceptable if the economics work. Missing interior parts can be challenging to find. For example, your car's dash pad seems to have been removed. If the core is intact, it can be redone but the cost is very high. Having the paint done and the mechanicals rebuilt is a real plus. At this stage, it's important to me to estimate the amount of $ needed to complete the restoration so as not to end up with more invested than the value of the car. You're welcome to send me a private message when you've looked over the upholstery situation.
Old April 6th, 2023, 06:05 PM

Any bites on the car yet?