Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1961 Olds 98 Sport Sedan Excellent Orig Cond!

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM

1961 Olds 98 Sport Sedan Excellent Orig Cond!

As much as I hate to, I am needing to sell my 61 98 Sport Sedan. I recently acquired this beautiful car, but unfortunately it just won't work for my needs.

I bought the 98 to use as a tow vehicle for my vintage Shasta trailer, but to be truthful, it is in too nice and original condition to be put to such use. I already have a 70 cutlass 4dr that I will be fixing up to use as a tow vehicle instead. It has seat belts and stuff that are important with the 3 young kids we have. And it already has a beefed up transmission to pull the trailer with, too.

The 98 is in excellent original condition and is as close to new as you can probably get in such a rare vehicle. Since it is a "Sport Sedan", it has the awesome wrap-around rear window. It is THE car at the shows and cruise nights that gets the most attention! When this car pulls up, heads actually turn and do double takes...It's an absolutely amazing thing to watch. I've been able to meet some great people and hear some great stories from folks interested in this car.

Buy this car and you will not be disappointed! My wife and I drove it from Hilton Head, SC to Kansas City this past February, and the car drove like it was only a year or so old. No problems whatsoever. It is loaded with features and has new front and rear glass, as well as a totally rebuilt transmission. With only 76000 miles, it is truly in excellent condition for being almost 50 years old. The paint still shines and the chrome is in very good shape. It also has a new battery, and near-new condition whitewall tires. The interior is a combination of Leather, Cloth, and Vinyl. It looks like a custom interior and is in awesome shape with only a couple of small seam separations on the driver's seat.

Other features include:
394 cubic inch engine which purrs like a kitten... it's sometimes hard to tell whether it's running or not as it is so quiet.
3 spd Hydro-matic rebuilt transmission
power brakes
power windows which all work as they should
power trunk release
am radio (doesn't work, and I don't know why for sure)
even an original matching rear floor mat.

Everything works great! Only thing I can find that might need attention is the right turn signal sticks sometimes.

this 98 is a great color combo of "Tropic Mist" with a white top. I believe it to be a very unique and collectable car. I sure wish I could keep it! I believe that it should go to someone else that can truly appreciate her for what she is, and can give her a great home with lots of love.

I will have the car for sale locally (14K), so it may go quickly. If not, you may see it up on eBay before the month is over. I will answer any and all questions to the best of my ability, just call my cell # 913-226-2468. If you would like to make an offer, please call me.

Thanks for your interest,
Chris Strohm

The totally bummed out guy in Kansas City
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cropped_d925_3.jpg (76.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg
da4a_3.JPG (86.0 KB, 52 views)
Old June 4th, 2007, 09:07 PM

Car has been sold.

Thanks for looking, but the car has been sold.