Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1957 Olds 88 Project For Sale

Old July 26th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Unhappy 1957 Olds 88 Project For Sale

Hi Guys, After much sole searching, I sadly must sell my 57 Olds 88 project. I have come to the realization that I do not have the experience, funds or physical ability to continue.
The car has been totally stripped and sandblasted. It will need sheet metal work ,reassembly and paint. I have almost 2 of everything except the windshield. I actually have 2 vin tags and 2 clear titles. I traveled to the twin cities and bought a 4 dr. 98 for parts. It did not have an engine or trans. I removed the top, dash and firewall to use on this car. I have the 4 doors, quarter panels and trunk lid that would work for a 98 only, but will be included. I have 2 motors, a 371 original to this car and a 371, J2 motor that has been rebuilt, 30 over, solid lifter cam, new pistons, rings, bearings, valves and valve springs, etc. I have 2 transmissions, a jetaway auto (original to the car), 4 spd. manual by Bourg Warner T-10 that the guy before me was going to put in it. I have 2 hoods, 2 sets front and rear bumpers, 3 sets front fenders, 2 sets inner fenders, 2 rear seat springs, 2 front seat springs, power seat motor, and a power ant. motor. I have the power brake master cylinder, but no pump. I have the original wiring for the car, but I just kept that as a guide for new wiring. I do have all the glass and 2 sets of rear glass. A 98 and an 88 trunk lid. The doors have been sandblasted and are in good shape. One door has a pinhole. 2 radiator supports, 1 radiator. I have all the stainless for the 88 and some for the 98.
I have a lot of time and money in this car as it sits. I would suggest that anyone interested in it, come look at it because I am sure I have forgotten something. It will take a couple truck loads to move this stuff. I have a truck and trailer and will assist with it as long as I get re-embursed for my fuel.
I am located 65 miles south of Rockford and 70 miles southwest of Chicago,IL.
I have over 9K in this car and I am looking for $6000 for it. I may consider a trade for something less involved, Cutlass, Toronado, Starfire etc.
Please do not ask for individual parts.
E-mail to k9ux@mchsi.com or call 630 -337-6796
Here is a link to over 30 pics of it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/QZepher/...eat=directlink
Dave