Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1955 Super 88 Rocket for Sale

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2021, 06:43 AM

1955 Super 88 Rocket for Sale

1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 Rocket $13,500 obo

For Sale by Owner. Located in Portland, Oregon

1955 Oldsmobile Super Rocket 88 Four Door Sedan.

This 1955 Olds was bought new by a couple of ladies in The Dalles, Oregon, and so with it’s dry climate, it has not been exposed to heavy moisture, salt, and other harsh elements, and bad weather found in other parts of the country. This car is a real gem, that has always been garage kept.

It has no record of accidents and has clearly been well maintained throughout its life. No rusty weak areas! Good solid metal throughout.

It has 101,347 original miles. This car is in very good original condition, with the same green color scheme throughout that it originally came with.

The chrome is in excellent condition. The engine runs well with updated electronic ignition. The carburetor has been rebuilt, and the transmission works great!

The brakes have all been gone though and the power booster system has been professionally rebuilt, brake cylinders replaced, close to $2,000 dollars spent on brake work.

It has a new gas tank, and good working double horn! Tires have very little wear.

The interior is in great condition, even the original ceiling material. Both front and back seats have new appropriate, and I believe original stock material on them, and are in excellent condition, no stains. The rear window and side cardboard pieces needs to be replaced.

A new manufacturer’s precut replacement carpet is included that has never been used for the front and back floor carpets (new old stock that has never been used in excellent condition.)

The original radio a Deluxe unit, is in the dash, but needs work. It has it’s original speaker behind the rear seat.

I have owned the car for three years, and during that time have only put a few hundred miles on it. It has always been stored in a garage and has never been parked outside. There are a number of smaller things that need to be done on it, like the windshield wipers, replace one of the small windows in the back and such, but this car has good bones, and is a real beauty, and great find.

This has been my dream car and am only selling because I have taken a new work position in the Midwest, and do not know yet where I will be living or if I will have a place to store it, and my wife is not so big on classic cars.

The car is in overall VERY GOOD condition, drives well, and will not take much to make this an impressive parade or show car.

Please do not waste your time or my time with low ball offers for a few thousand.

My time is tight with moving my home and family, but I will send more photos and answer questions for any serious buyers.

I move at the beginning of August, and so am looking for someone to purchase it who would love and take care of it as I have.

Thanks for looking! John

Old July 13th, 2021, 08:05 AM

That is a real Creme Puff, as my dad would say.
Old July 13th, 2021, 09:11 AM

Good luck with the sale!

I just moved to Portland from the Midwest about 8 months ago, I do not miss that humidity one bit. Enjoy the thunderstorms, I miss those.