Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

Shopping cart got me!

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Runner

Angry Shopping cart got me!

Washed my car yesterday and to my horror, noticed it looks like I may have been a victim to a shopping cart attack. No matter where you park, these Kansas winds will send those thing everywhere. The bumper looks like it was fine so judging from the angle of shopping carts, it seems probably culprit.

With that being said, I would like to know if there is at least a something I can do to "touch it up". Is there any product I need to put over it to prevent possible rust?

7l1A7.jpg
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by joffroi
is there any product i need to put over it to prevent possible rust?
por-15
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Ouch. What color is it? Is it a custom color or ?? If it is a factory color, you just need the year and make of the car it would've came on and try here http://www.paintscratch.com/
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Fill it in with touchup paint a little at a time till its got a nice but small dome on it. With some really fine wet sand paper and gently sand it down and blend it in. Then polish it up some.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:24 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Ouch. What color is it? Is it a custom color or ?? If it is a factory color, you just need the year and make of the car it would've came on and try here http://www.paintscratch.com/
It is a custom color (and any specific information, I do not know)

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Fill it in with touchup paint a little at a time till its got a nice but small dome on it. With some really fine wet sand paper and gently sand it down and blend it in. Then polish it up some.
Can I take it to an auto paint shop and will they be able to match it? If yes, can you buy tiny bottles ? Or since it is custom, will I end up with a hefty paint purchase?
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

some paint suppliers have a camera that can break down the colors on your paint not every paint supplier has so call around . Then you can do what old cutlass said. If its a little deep thicken the paint up with clear base coat then let it dry. then mix some paint with regular clear coat let it sit sand lightly ad buff till you blend it in.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
some paint suppliers have a camera that can break down the colors on your paint not every paint supplier has so call around . Then you can do what old cutlass said. If its a little deep thicken the paint up with clear base coat then let it dry. then mix some paint with regular clear coat let it sit sand lightly ad buff till you blend it in.
Just called a close by place and they said they can do exactly what you mentioned for probably about $15. Hopefully I can swing my car there soon to get her all fixed up. This could be great... fix a couple other dings here and there.